PDA

View Full Version : Progress on my 21' Daytona

1968Droptop
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Here's a link to some pix of how my boat is coming along, http://www.skagenboats.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=437&start=0. It's a local board, w/ mostly local peeps.
Been a slow process, but almost there. Engine will hit the dyno in another couple weeks for break-in n tuning, then it gets put in it's new home. These are the fist pix I've been able to post (thanks to a freinds dig/cam). My freaking dig/cam used to talk to my comp just fine, now they're fighting I guess.
Everything has been replaced/upgraded over the winter. This is my first tunnel boat. I've only riden in one for a couple minutes, so this breif N/W summer will be a big learning curve from the Ol Sanger Sprint.

Mr. Crusader 83
06-22-2007, 07:14 PM
The website wants you to login to view the pic. Post them here.

pw_Tony
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Word...

3 daytona`s
06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Not going to register or log in:mad:

1968Droptop
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM
News to me, sorry bout that. I'll fix it tomorrow.

JETBOY03
06-23-2007, 06:16 AM
here you go chris
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/MissFriday.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/Side.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/Eliminator.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/EliminatorDash2.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/EliminatorDash.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/Rails.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/Headers.jpg
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/BadABlower.jpg

1968Droptop
06-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks Austin !!! I was just going to add the photo's when I saw your post:)

malcolm
06-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Sorry to mess ya up Chris. I turned off guest photo viewing a while ago because of spammers. I'll turn it back on.

76ANTHONY
06-23-2007, 08:19 AM
dammmmm thats nice, im diggin on those headers too.....:D

oldselmn8tr
06-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Looks great Chris. Hitting the dyno already huh, I thought it takes about a year to build one of those race engines!:idea: Anyway glad to hear your going to be able to make it out with our short season, now if I could just get my pos back together.

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
06-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Boat has never looked sooo GOOOOOOD!:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I am soooo jealous you bastard :D :D Looking good brotha;) Keep the pics rolling in when you make progress. I have been wondering about you lately. Havent seen you post much. Now I see why;)

quiet riot
06-24-2007, 02:21 AM
Droptop, you guys still gonna do a lower columbia river run this summer? You gonna have it together by then? I wouldn't mind getting out there earlier this year if its a weekend I can make it so i can try and hang for a while longer before most of you guys head north for the day.
Boats looking good, whatcha shooting for on the build/dyno? gonna be a pump gas friendly boosted engine? By the looks of things I might have to hook up my nos this year just to try and keep in sight of some of your guys boats w/my v-hull.
jd in oregon

1968Droptop
06-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Q/R:We are going to be heading down to the lower Columbia the weekend of August 3rd. The engine has been designed to run on 92 octane. 9:1 static with 6-7 lbs of boost is the starting point. We'll see what it likes on the dyno. I went with forged rotating assembly, billet cam, solid roller lifters, Miller rockers on Blue Thunder heads (man are those heads cool!!!), 2 Holley 1050 2-circut Dominators sitting on a new Hampton blower package.
Thanks 396, yeah I've been a bit busy :sqeyes:. Been a lot of work for sure. It was good looking when I purchased it last September, but I had bigger plans for her. I didn't anticipate a blown Ford, but that's what it ended up being :D :D :D I've replaced every bezel, the old ones were a bit faded. I upgraded to all AutoMeter Pro-Comp gauges, adding a boost and oil temp gauge. Running a 600w sound sysytem that plays MP3's. Added new rack n pinion steering, and replaced every cable. Speaking of replacing things, I've even gone so far to remove every philips screw on the hull and engine, and replaced them with allen heads. I made the panels in the engine compartment myself. Went through the pump completely, adding a AA impeller. I also put 15" Weld Drag Lites on the trialer which required 10" wide fenders and studding the trailer axles. Done way more, but that's highlights.
Hoping to see the water for the first time in 2 weeks.............

Jetmugg
06-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Very good looking boat, and great looking work as well. One quick question for you - have you been able to get insurance for your 21' Daytona? I know that the 19's are virtually impossible to insure, but don't know about the 21's?
SteveM.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Q/R:We are going to be heading down to the lower Columbia the weekend of August 3rd. The engine has been designed to run on 92 octane. 9:1 static with 6-7 lbs of boost is the starting point. We'll see what it likes on the dyno. I went with forged rotating assembly, billet cam, solid roller lifters, Miller rockers on Blue Thunder heads (man are those heads cool!!!), 2 Holley 1050 2-circut Dominators sitting on a new Hampton blower package.
Thanks 396, yeah I've been a bit busy :sqeyes:. Been a lot of work for sure. It was good looking when I purchased it last September, but I had bigger plans for her. I didn't anticipate a blown Ford, but that's what it ended up being :D :D :D I've replaced every bezel, the old ones were a bit faded. I upgraded to all AutoMeter Pro-Comp gauges, adding a boost and oil temp gauge. Running a 600w sound sysytem that plays MP3's. Added new rack n pinion steering, and replaced every cable. Speaking of replacing things, I've even gone so far to remove every philips screw on the hull and engine, and replaced them with allen heads. I made the panels in the engine compartment myself. Went through the pump completely, adding a AA impeller. I also put 15" Weld Drag Lites on the trialer which required 10" wide fenders and studding the trailer axles. Done way more, but that's highlights.
Right on brotha;) Im glad to see that your happy!
. Speaking of replacing things, I've even gone so far to remove every philips screw on the hull and engine, and replaced them with allen heads. ..
I did the same thing and they add up in $$$$ very fast:eek: Every bolt in my boat is stainless allen head:eek: My wallet just smacked me for bringing it up again:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Right on brotha;) Im glad to see that your happy!
. Speaking of replacing things, I've even gone so far to remove every philips screw on the hull and engine, and replaced them with allen heads. ..
I did the same thing and they add up in $$$$ very fast:eek: Every bolt in my boat is stainless allen head:eek: My wallet just smacked me for bringing it up again:D

1968Droptop
06-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Right on brotha;) I did the same thing and they add up in $$$$ very fast:eek: Every bolt in my boat is stainless allen head:eek: My wallet just smacked me for bringing it up again:D
LMFAO !!! I don't even want to know what I've got into s/s hardware :rolleyes: . I'm sure I'm well into the $500 range, and still freaking counting :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: . I may of gone a bit overboard by removing the pump/bowl bolts and installing s/s studs. I had too, it matched the s/s studs on the double drilled bowl/snoot :) .
P.S. Your wallet is still alive ??? Mines was dead and buried looooooong ago. I'm wearing them out faster than I can buy them :D

1968Droptop
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Very good looking boat, and great looking work as well. One quick question for you - have you been able to get insurance for your 21' Daytona? I know that the 19's are virtually impossible to insure, but don't know about the 21's?
SteveM.
NOT A CHANCE ! I tried for literly 6 months to insure it. NO ONE will insure these boats, not even LLoyds of London :mad: :mad: :mad:

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Chris ,
When I had the boat we insured through AAA home owners about 640.00 a year.

Outlaw
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
68 Droptop,
Very nice, I'm going to color sand mine out this winter.
what did you use on yours?
are you going to use your engine cover, or just leave it off?
do you have any pics of the engine cover?
yours in the avatar looks different than mine
by the way I have mine insured thru Farm Bureau for $37 a month including trailer. full coverage
50K, 100K, 25K