PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Phone Assistance........

brad22
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Just picked up a new LG VX8700 The chick who sold it to me said that you could unlock the phone to allow the use of mp3 ringtones. Anybody know the trick to doing this?? What else can I unlock?
Phone Details (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2971)

Summer LuvN
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM
When all else fails, read the directions....:idea:

Daytona100
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Dumbass..........................But I still love ya.:D

Old school Ultra
06-24-2007, 08:25 AM
If I ever need any help with my Verizon stuff I go to the Verizon store in Porter Ranch, in the Sport Chalet shopping center,
Even though they are a factory store they are willing to bend the rules a little and take of you.....

Old school Ultra
06-24-2007, 08:25 AM
If I ever need any help with my Verizon stuff I go to the Verizon store in Porter Ranch, in the Sport Chalet shopping center,
Even though they are a factory store they are willing to bend the rules a little and take of you.....

brad22
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Awesome, thats the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks I will check that out. :)
I agree with your buddy........dumbass :D :D :D

frdvschvy
06-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Your best bet is to check out http://www.howardforums.com. Hands down best site for mobile phone mods. You will probably also be able to find some other little tricks for your new 8700.
By the way, if any peeps are looking to switch to Verizon Wireless let me know. You might be surprised what I can put together for you :) . Just shoot me a PM.

brad22
06-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Your best bet is to check out http://www.howardforums.com. Hands down best site for mobile phone mods. You will probably also be able to find some other little tricks for your new 8700.
By the way, if any peeps are looking to switch to Verizon Wireless let me know. You might be surprised what I can put together for you :) . Just shoot me a PM.
Thanks dude for the link but you got to read the rules (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186927) :D :D
And yeah it sounds like you Verizon people can hook up some deals, I believe she gave me a 10% on the phone and offered a 25% discount for the media/computer kit.
The crazy part is if I didnt agree to 2 more years of service the phone would have cost me over $400 dollars!!! :sqeyes:
Guess thats how they make their money :idea:

brad22
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the PM!
ORDER PLACED :)
So it will be there tomorrow right? :D :D :D j/k

brad22
07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
You might be surprised what I can put together for you :) . Just shoot me a PM.
Thanks frdvschvy,
Got my order today and everything was perfect with a great discount. You da man!! :D
Thank again,
Brad

Racey
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I went through this crap with my V3c razr, i love verizon's service, but they have to stop crippling their phones with their poor excuse of an interface. It took me hours and hours of searching to download all the Motorola support tools to flash my phone back to a stock motorola (alltel) firmware, but it was well worth it to get control of the phone, ringtones, and delayed reaction time of the stock interface. and while i was at it i replaced the verizon logo on the outer screen with this(without the stars) when the phone is open :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34268&stc=1&d=1183421472
I used howard forums to find all the information about doing this.

boater72
07-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I am going to order a 8700 myself and a razor for my daughter today as we are due for an upgade on both lines, how do you like the phone (8700)?
Thanks

Jetdriver
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I am going to order a 8700 myself and a razor for my daughter today as we are due for an upgade on both lines, how do you like the phone (8700)?
Thanks
Do yourself a huge favor and wait for Mike to get back from Havasu. He just upgraded my phone to the LG EnV. Bitchen phone and the price cant be beat. He should be back Next Monday. He is FordvsChevy!

Jetdriver
07-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I went through this crap with my V3c razr, i love verizon's service, but they have to stop crippling their phones with their poor excuse of an interface. It took me hours and hours of searching to download all the Motorola support tools to flash my phone back to a stock motorola (alltel) firmware, but it was well worth it to get control of the phone, ringtones, and delayed reaction time of the stock interface. and while i was at it i replaced the verizon logo on the outer screen with this(without the stars) when the phone is open :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34268&stc=1&d=1183421472
I used howard forums to find all the information about doing this.
So how did you mod your phone????

WUTWZAT
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I just upgraded my Verizon phone too...
I had a really nice Motorola phone with a great camera, removable storeage and an extra capacity battery.
I got the G'z One Type S, this bad boy is water resistant, (Yes up to 30 minutes submerged. Dirt, Wind and shock resistant to military specifications.
It also has a camera and video camera and is blue tooth capable. It has V'z navigator and so far I am very happy with it. Plus I keep tossing it into water just to see the look of fright on peoples faces as it happens. :D Its been taking a licking so to speak.
I was holding onto my old phone just incase I wasn't happy with this one but it looks like its going to be a keeper.

brad22
07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks
The 8700 is pretty sweet, it is just like the razor v3c but cooler. More features, better camera (2mp), and nice layout. I am still feeling it out but I definitely like it.
What sold me was:
Sleek razor like design
ALL STAINLESS STEEL body :D
It will play music
Bluetooth everything
Battery life is double what my razor had (2 days instead of 1)
Plus I just got hooked up with a 1GB memory card to store pics and music plus the music media kit!!!! (I love technology:D :D )
Upgrade is clutch because reg. price would have been $400!! Just added 2 yrs to contract used primary phone upgrade and that divided the phone price in half, not bad (I guess)
Watch CNET Review. (http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/lg-vx8700/4505-6454_7-32429932.html)
Good Luck
Brad

Kachina26
07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
OK, I'm clueless here. What does unlocking a phone do exactly?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-03-2007, 06:00 AM
I would definatley call Mike. He hooked me up with an incredible deal!! Thanks Mike.

brad22
07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I would definatley call Mike. He hooked me up with an incredible deal!! Thanks Mike.
Yep hes got the hookup, I am placing another order with him today! Hope he is around. :D
Brad

Kachina26
07-09-2007, 06:32 AM
OK, I'm clueless here. What does unlocking a phone do exactly?
Anybody??????

BoneDaddy
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone know how to get hold of frdvschvy (Mike)? I am in need of a phone deal and I hear he is the man.:D

frdvschvy
07-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone know how to get hold of frdvschvy (Mike)? I am in need of a phone deal and I hear he is the man.:D
Back from 10 days in Havasu and trying to get re-adjusted to reality.
Replied to your email at 1:08pm :D
For anybody else who is interested, email is the easiest way to reach me. My email address is michael.ehrle@verizonwireless.com.

brad22
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Back from 10 days in Havasu and trying to get re-adjusted to reality.
For anybody else who is interested, email is the easiest way to reach me. My email address is michael.ehrle@verizonwireless.com.
Thanks again for your help today with my other order. Cant wait til I get my chit tomorrow. I love new phones. :D You're the man Mike!
Brad :)

Kachina26
07-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Seriously guys, what the fock does unlocking a phone do?