PDA

View Full Version : pump ? any one on here tonight?

bead
06-22-2007, 10:36 PM
took it out to the lake after putting everything back together . i had a small but noticable leak around the bowl . now i think its because i didnt apply enough silicon around the bowl and the transome adaptor,but its hard to determin where the leak is coming from . my ? is , is it possiable to have it leak at the bowl and the suction pump ?

watergun4u
06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes it is possible to have a leak at the bowl and suction housing, if you did not get it tight enough or, use a thin coat of silocone, but it is also you could have a leak from the bowl and transom housing, not sure what pump you have but if you have a berkley, and the o-ring did not seal, it could be coming from there, also check you packings and make sure the water is not coming from there, if so tighten it up a 1/4 turn at a time on each side!Again make sure it's not coming from any cables coming through the back of the transom,and dripping down on the bowl. just a few things to check out!:)

wmitchell
06-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey Bead, other than the leak, how did it run?

bead
06-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Yes it is possible to have a leak at the bowl and suction housing, if you did not get it tight enough or, use a thin coat of silocone, but it is also you could have a leak from the bowl and transom housing, not sure what pump you have but if you have a berkley, and the o-ring did not seal, it could be coming from there, also check you packings and make sure the water is not coming from there, if so tighten it up a 1/4 turn at a time on each side!Again make sure it's not coming from any cables coming through the back of the transom,and dripping down on the bowl. just a few things to check out!:)i had it on the trailer in the water for about five minutes checking for leaks . none noticed .went for a little ride , shut it down, checked it again little exhaust leak nothing to worry about . went for another ride , stopped a little water in the bilge. no big deal thought it was from the pipes . went for another ride warmed everything up real well ,started to put back on the trailer and noticed water leaking in around the bowl . so im not sure , but i think i jus didnt put enough of silicon around the area . ill retry tomorrow or should i say today and take it out on sunday .

bead
06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey Bead, other than the leak, how did it run?SWEEEET , sure did miss my boat

wmitchell
06-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I can relate was happy to get mine going as well... as far as the pump leak I used acetone on all sufaces prior to final assembly and pay special attention to the bottom of the transom adapter also I like give it the finger around the bowl and transom adaptor just to make sure there are no bubbles or voids you can't see and lots of light during assembly... but check all the easy stuff first just to make sure, you might try to put in the drain plug jack up the front of the boat and put some water in the hull and see where it comes out just my 2 cents