PDA

View Full Version : Boat advise

Milton04
06-23-2007, 04:50 AM
I am a newbie here and have been looking for a performance boat for my family. We have 2 kids with a baby on the way and are very active, we really don't want to drop $40k on a boat until we see how much we truly enjoy it. While I would like a performance boat, I don't want to get beaten up on the lake either so we have been looking at 21'-24' open bows. I have been looking at Lavey Craft boats and Ultra's 21' open bow, does anyone have any other thoughts? I want something that is fast, yet stable and she wants something with an open bow. We live on Lake Allatoona which is fairly large and get's a bit rough on the weekends.
Any advice would be great.
Milton

Hotcobra270
06-23-2007, 08:00 AM
I agree that dropping alot of money on a boat to see if you like it doesnt make sense. Have you ever had a boat? do you have buddies have a boat?
You'll know if you are a boater or not.
Both the lavey and Ultra would be a great boat to get.
Get as much size and power you can afford as you'll be kicking yourself later when you want to go faster but you got less power..
Hope this help

Daytona100
06-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Bayliner.:D

Glamasu
06-24-2007, 08:02 PM
I am a newbie here and have been looking for a performance boat for my family. We have 2 kids with a baby on the way and are very active, we really don't want to drop $40k on a boat until we see how much we truly enjoy it. While I would like a performance boat, I don't want to get beaten up on the lake either so we have been looking at 21'-24' open bows. I have been looking at Lavey Craft boats and Ultra's 21' open bow, does anyone have any other thoughts? I want something that is fast, yet stable and she wants something with an open bow. We live on Lake Allatoona which is fairly large and get's a bit rough on the weekends.
Any advice would be great.
Milton
Do they allow "***boats" here

Milton04
06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree that dropping alot of money on a boat to see if you like it doesnt make sense. Have you ever had a boat? do you have buddies have a boat?
You'll know if you are a boater or not.
Both the lavey and Ultra would be a great boat to get.
Get as much size and power you can afford as you'll be kicking yourself later when you want to go faster but you got less power..
Hope this help
I have been around boats my whole life, when I was a teen, my dad had a 36' Cig with arenasin surface drives and I grew up on a 500 acre lake with several boats. Seems like now that I have a family of my own, I don't want to buy several boats to serve different occasions, I want a do it all boat that has some speed.
Thanks for your help,
Milton