PDA

View Full Version : Security Systems - Someone broke into my truck

HPBoats83
06-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Does anybody in here do home security like ADT with video survellance? Somebody broke into my truck and stole about $800 worth of stuff. Someone also broke into the Tahoe not to long ago as well so I'm sick of it.

Havasu1986
06-23-2007, 02:54 PM
P.M. Riveratz...He is in Chino Hills and he has a link in his sig line. ;)

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2007, 02:56 PM
effectivly reduces break in attempts. (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fi-Shock-Super-Shock-Electrice-Fence-Charger-20-Mile_W0QQitemZ260131244671QQihZ016QQcategoryZ66898 QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) :D
also I have a motion detection program for the computer webcam that wont cost you a thing.. PM me for info and I'll hook ya up.
C.T. :wink:

Mountainstone
06-23-2007, 04:52 PM
GM trucks are notoriously easy to break into. One easy fix is to remove the door handle/lock combo and replace with a factory door handle without the lock cylinder (order from eBay or GMpartsdirect.com). Cheaper is to remove the door lock actuator rod from the lock cylinder in the door handle. With either method you won't be able to unlock the door with the key, but how often do you do that anyway?

RitcheyRch
06-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Just hope your battery never goes dead in either the remote or the truck.
GM trucks are notoriously easy to break into. One easy fix is to remove the door handle/lock combo and replace with a factory door handle without the lock cylinder (order from eBay or GMpartsdirect.com). Cheaper is to remove the door lock actuator rod from the lock cylinder in the door handle. With either method you won't be able to unlock the door with the key, but how often do you do that anyway?

Riveratz
06-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Does anybody in here do home security like ADT with video survellance? Somebody broke into my truck and stole about $800 worth of stuff. Someone also broke into the Tahoe not to long ago as well so I'm sick of it.
Besides the "HavasuWiring" Company I also run another company in California that does Cameras...ect. All the same work.
Give me a call 1-888-480-2255 Ext.102
or send an email and I can give you some California Demo Sites to see the night cameras.
Lorne@mtinstalls.com
Lorne