PDA

View Full Version : Welcome our newest family member

Jetboatguru
12-13-2002, 03:27 PM
I just want to welcome the newest member to the Canyon family. He is Dale Pinckney of Haterville. His new ride is solid and stable. Good luck Dale!!!!!!!!!
http://dragboats.com/gallery/images/01_04_NJBA_0028_464.jpg
[ December 13, 2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

Sangster
12-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Another Pinckney.. :confused: :confused: .. idea2 This may be the Little King..
[ December 13, 2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Jetboatguru
12-13-2002, 03:40 PM
Good point Snagster. That is a great call

boat030
12-13-2002, 03:53 PM
I hope he hangs on to that boat better than Cooper did

Bird Percher
12-13-2002, 04:03 PM
What a great call Billy Bob!! I mean Sangster!! eek!

Sangster
12-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Billy-who... :confused:
[ December 13, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Bird Percher
12-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Sangster:
Billy-who... :confused: Sangster we know who BILLYBOB is, your identity has doubled!!!!!! jawdrop
[ December 13, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Bird Percher ]

Waylen Metlar
12-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Who the hell is Dale Pinckney?

Infomaniac
12-13-2002, 05:10 PM
What a great pic.
I wonder what is throwing water around there at the strut barrel. A safety collar?

pgf127rt
12-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Dale, welcome to the Canyon family, Tony, there is no ride in the world like a Canyon walking on the prop,is there?

Sangster
12-13-2002, 06:01 PM
That looks like a safty collar to me...Do they make a tapered one..Of course if it's runnin' right, it shouldn't matter......

boat030
12-13-2002, 06:16 PM
there is no safety collar on there. it's just water coming out of the front of the strut barrell.

GofastRacer
12-13-2002, 07:09 PM
boat030:
there is no safety collar on there. it's just water coming out of the front of the strut barrell.Sorry for sounding dumb but, how can water come out the front of the strut??.. :confused:

boat030
12-13-2002, 07:23 PM
gofast, i don't know exactly how to answer your question but let me try and see if this makes sence. when the strut is under the water and the boat is moving water gets forced in when the strut comes out of the water as it did in that picture it releases pressure on the front of the strut barrell and some of the water will spray out. the real answer is that i've been under that boat more than once and there was no safety collar in front of the strut.

Infomaniac
12-13-2002, 07:33 PM
That is interesting. Not that it really matters but I like to try and figure out what causes those types of things to happen. Where is the safety collar? In front of the shaft log?
Check this out:
Dale Pinckney "Hang Strut"
[ December 13, 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

GofastRacer
12-13-2002, 07:40 PM
boat030:
gofast, i don't know exactly how to answer your question but let me try and see if this makes sence. when the strut is under the water and the boat is moving water gets forced in when the strut comes out of the water as it did in that picture it releases pressure on the front of the strut barrell and some of the water will spray out. the real answer is that i've been under that boat more than once and there was no safety collar in front of the strut.Ok, when water is forced in from the front, why is there pressure towards the front?, why wouldn't the water just go out the back of the tube??, I'm not saying that there is a collar in front!, just don't understand how the water can be forced forward???....

Bird Percher
12-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I think Hang strut fits the boat really well. Hope Dales ass fits the seat better than Cooper's did in those pictures on Dragboats.com :D wink

boat030
12-13-2002, 07:44 PM
Gofast, i really don't know how it is getting pushed out the front. maybe the spinning of the propshaft has something to do with it???

GofastRacer
12-13-2002, 07:53 PM
It just seems strange, I never seen that before?, I don't see it in this one??.....
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/8d39735d/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Miscelanious/__hr_TimHediricksBoat.jpg?BCs6q.9AEWd4Qhvz

Infomaniac
12-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Seems like there would be a low pressure area behind the strut from the waterflow across the prop. This would cause the water to be sucked out the back of the barrel.
At the same time suck air in the barrel and cause some mixed flow of air and water across the prop.

GofastRacer
12-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Infomaniac:
Seems like there would be a low pressure area behind the strut from the waterflow across the prop. This would cause the water to be sucked out the back of the barrel.
At the same time suck air in the barrel and cause some mixed flow of air and water across the prop.Exactly!!!.... wink

DaveA
12-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Strut, schmut
Collar, schmollar
The point of the photo is he's getting beat-
Run Dale! (WETHYA*) Run!
*WhoEverTheHellYouAre

Infomaniac
12-13-2002, 08:11 PM
I was watching a video of mine. The boat comes out of the water except for the plates. When the boat comes back in the water. Water is pushed forward and sprays out the side.
This could be happening in the strut also?

GofastRacer
12-14-2002, 05:05 AM
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong!, the boat comes out except for the plates!, since the plates are still in the water, there is no escape out the back so the water has no other path than to the front and sides??, even though the plates are in the water, that low pressure area behind the strut is still there!, does that make sense??.... :confused:

pgf127rt
12-14-2002, 05:35 AM
I would think that the centrifugal force of the spinning propshaft would create a vacuum from the rear to the front of the strut, which in effect is what lubes the bushings maybe?

Infomaniac
12-14-2002, 07:22 AM
GofastRacer:
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong!, the boat comes out except for the plates!, since the plates are still in the water, there is no escape out the back so the water has no other path than to the front and sides??, even though the plates are in the water, that low pressure area behind the strut is still there!, does that make sense??.... :confused: The prop can force the water past the plates.
On my situation - the weight of the boat coming down is what is causing the water to push forward and out the sides. I would imagine some goes out the back. Mine is a heavy lake beast and not a potato chip. I will attempt a slow motion video of it.
PGF127rt That is what I was thinking too.

GofastRacer
12-14-2002, 08:09 AM
Well, that makes sense to me!, guess this topic is solved!!... :D

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Torgy, that is a bad ass ride!!!!!!!!!! I can see why you got rid of the Canyon. Bye the way, I saw your old boat a couple days ago. The new paint is Freakin awesome. Not like,,,,, well you know, that ugly paint job you had. Your Eliminator is Way cool. Hope to get a ride in it sometime.

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 10:20 AM
http://dragboats.com/gallery/images/01_04_NJBA_0028_464.jpg[/QB][/QUOTE]
Right about now in the picture, the water you see at the front of the strut is actually piss that has traveled down his leg, over the side and down under the boat.

Infomaniac
12-14-2002, 11:12 AM
Better liquids than solids !!

boat030
12-14-2002, 03:06 PM
Jetgu, you're welcome to go for a ride whenever you want but you are NOT driving :p . I saw a picture of the new paint job on the canyon before it was finished it looked pretty nice. Has he started putting the capsule in it yet or did he change his mind again???

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 04:04 PM
He changed his mind and is gonna put a hopped up carbureted deal in it. The new game plan is .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .Let the wife shoe her jawdrop

mi pingue
12-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Excuse me, wouldn't I be the newest member to the Canyon Club. I just drove from Phx to Pecos Texas 22 hour round trip non-stop to pick up a fully rigged Alky Canyon with out motor. I am installing a Dan Nelson PSI BBC out of my Edge Stealth, yes my Jetboat, I have seen the light. At least I think I have. I will try to drink with Jesus after driving this thing. If anyone remembers the Bottled Hell boat from Kentucky, this is the one, It's a beatifully rigged boat w/Lenco. It's lake bound!! Hopefully by New years Day!

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Mi Pingue, that is a great boat. I think it was red with Yellow flames and a guy named Brad Craven owned it. It ran pretty hard with a Pontiac in it. Well come on out to CFW for New Years and welcome to the Canyon Family. Since we are family, can you send money?

mi pingue
12-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Sorry, I was gonna ask you the same think. Yes my boat was driven by Brad.

Sangster
12-14-2002, 04:35 PM
At least some BEER...

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Got any pics of the Boat? And what the hell is Mi Pingue?

boat030
12-14-2002, 04:41 PM
jetgu, let me see if i got this straight no more blown motor and now the wifes gonna drive?????? That's well uh interesting. you got a ride for next year yet?

mi pingue
12-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Mi Pingue stands for MY HARD ON! in Porta Rican. I have a spanish speaking gentlemen that used to work for me. He saw a girl one time on a job and said "that chick gives me a Pingue." I said what the hell does that mean. Hence the name Mi Pingue. I will try to get pics up this week. By the way I raced my Edge in April at Firebird for the first time ever with my old motor, I took that jet boat to the finals in Elim. Guess what? I got beat by a few tenths by Coyote Ugly. A Canyon V-drive!. Oh well now I own one but a hell of a lot quicker than my Edge was.

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Yes I do Torgy. Brand new Kevin Felkins Canyon. Have Walt Austin 565 but looking for a Brad5 or something with the name Brad attached. I really like your boat. Looks like a lot of fun

Jetboatguru
12-14-2002, 04:51 PM
mi pingue:
Mi Pingue stands for MY HARD ON! in Porta Rican. I have a spanish speaking gentlemen that used to work for me. He saw a girl one time on a job and said "that chick gives me a Pingue." I said what the hell does that mean. Hence the name Mi Pingue. I will try to get pics up this week. By the way I raced my Edge in April at Firebird for the first time ever with my old motor, I took that jet boat to the finals in Elim. Guess what? I got beat by a few tenths by Coyote Ugly. A Canyon V-drive!. Oh well now I own one but a hell of a lot quicker than my Edge was.That is the kiss of death. Getting beat by the Coyote. :(
Actually the Coyote is a buddy of mine and is stepping up in the racing world. He won the Championship this year and is my crew chief on the TAF. Well, not the crew chief but he knows our crew chief. If there is anything you need while you are getting that boat ready, let me know.

mi pingue
12-15-2002, 08:05 AM
I appreciate the help I may need it. Matt

Monkey Bung
12-15-2002, 04:19 PM
boat030:
Jetgu, you're welcome to go for a ride whenever you want but you are NOT driving :p . I saw a picture of the new paint job on the canyon before it was finished it looked pretty nice. Has he started putting the capsule in it yet or did he change his mind again???Is that Bass Lake?

12-15-2002, 04:39 PM
mi pingue:
Mi Pingue stands for MY HARD ON! in Porta Rican. I have a spanish speaking gentlemen that used to work for me. He saw a girl one time on a job and said "that chick gives me a Pingue." I said what the hell does that mean. Hence the name Mi Pingue. I will try to get pics up this week. You aren't going to post pics of "Mi Pingue" are you? If you are I'm outta here. eek! yuk

Sangster
12-15-2002, 05:40 PM
I hear ya' 058, I'm Outta' here too...

boat030
12-15-2002, 07:21 PM
monkey bung, that is bass lake.i guess i need to make my picture a little smaller it's takin' up the whole page.

Monkey Bung
12-15-2002, 08:48 PM
boat030:
monkey bung, that is bass lake.i guess i need to make my picture a little smaller it's takin' up the whole page.Kinda hard to get that boat up to speed there isnt it. :D

superdave013
12-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey boat030, WTF is that brand new boat doing up on the beach? You must not like that shinny gel coat much.

mi pingue
12-16-2002, 05:50 PM
I meant a pic of my boat, I didn't know V-drive guys have a sense of humor.

12-17-2002, 10:13 AM
mi pingue:
I meant a pic of my boat, I didn't know V-drive guys have a sense of humor.OOOhhhhh...Your boat...I was gettin skeeered you were gonna post sumpthin else eek! Hell yes we have a sense of humor...alot more than those jet guys, shhheeeeeshh, they can get so testy sometimes. argue but then again I guess I'd be testy after spendin' all that money to go that slow.... j/k:D :D

Sangerboy
12-17-2002, 07:07 PM
The jet boat guys usually get a bit "testy" because they know the V-drive guys have 'em by the balls eek! eek!