PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis/Colorado River Run

ratso
06-23-2007, 05:16 PM
We're having one next weekend, Saturday June 30th... Should be an even bigger turnout than the last. PM me if interested. This is one you don't wanna miss!:D

R.A.D.man
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Well I can't make it.
I'm headed to north Texas for the week. I go to Lake Bonham, have a place on the lake. Small lake, but so nice.
Have fun, and post again if you go again this year. If it's not during a holiday, I want to go.

ratso
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Well I can't make it.
I'm headed to north Texas for the week. I go to Lake Bonham, have a place on the lake. Small lake, but so nice.
Have fun, and post again if you go again this year. If it's not during a holiday, I want to go.
Yeah, we'll have another one later in the year I'm sure... and then Plowmans on Lake Whitney is in October again this year I believe.;)

R.A.D.man
06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Just a heads up,
You are going to want to check to see if the lake is open this weekend before you drive down, as far as I know, its still open now. Marble Falls received 19 inches of rain last night. Lake Travis expected to rise to 697-feet today from about 682 yesterday. 681-feet is full pool. There is going to be alot of debris floating in the river. At one point last night, Travis rose one foot in 20 minutes.:jawdrop:

ratso
06-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Just a heads up,
You are going to want to check to see if the lake is open this weekend before you drive down, as far as I know, its still open now. Marble Falls received 19 inches of rain last night. Lake Travis expected to rise to 690-feet today from about 682 yesterday. 681-feet is full pool. There is going to be alot of debris floating in the river. At one point last night, Travis rose one foot in 20 minutes.:jawdrop:
Yeah... over on byuboyz we already called it off. This rain has been unbelievable for almost two months now... flooding... it's a mess!

Havasu1986
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah... over on byuboyz we already called it off. This rain has been unbelievable for almost two months now... flooding... it's a mess!
They were showing it on the news today in L.A. What a mess for you guys. :( But isn't it filling up the lakes that have been down for along time. :confused:

R.A.D.man
06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
They were showing it on the news today in L.A. What a mess for you guys. :( But isn't it filling up the lakes that have been down for along time. :confused:
This is true, most lakes in Texas have really recovered from the recent drought. Travis itself has probably risen over 50-feet in just a few months with these recent floods included, now it's too full.
Too bad we can't send you guys the sloppy seconds from our Colorado River for Mead and Powell right now.

Screaming Pete
06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
This is true, most lakes in Texas have really recovered from the recent drought. Travis itself has probably risen over 50-feet in just a few months with these recent floods included, now it's too full.
Too bad we can't send you guys the sloppy seconds from our Colorado River for Mead and Powell right now.
WOW thanks for thinking of us out here in az and cali. we could really us some of the wet stuff, our rainiy season just ended and we only recived 1-4 inches in the last 6 months and the snow pack in the mountians was only 10 ft this year in tahoe instead of 30 ft. go figure texas and oak. the whole place is a river. wish you guys the best with the floods
pete