PDA

View Full Version : Flushing Fuel Tanks Question

BlueNun
06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Whats up everyone... When I bought my Tahiti the previous owner told me he had just flushed the fuel tanks. It has been sitting in my garage for about 4 months now and I just looked in the tanks and they are full of funny smelling gas and water mix. So what should I use to flush these out?? Is there a certain chemical or fuel chemical mix I should use and what do you guys do to pump the crap out of em.
Thanks
Jason

OverKill
06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I use an old electric fuel pump to get out old gas. Let me tell you this you might want to start running 100LL AV gas. Reason being you can let it sit for up to 5years and never have that bad gas problem again. Also what is your tank make of?? If fiberglass the ethonal will eat away at the tanks.

BlueNun
06-23-2007, 07:39 PM
They are aluminum Imco tanks. I dont think I have an electric fuel pump laying around but thats a good idea. I guess I can go buy a cheap one. Where do you buy that fuel??

Xlration Marine
06-23-2007, 07:45 PM
You can also use a fuel bulb. Run the line from the bulb out of the drain plug hole. Line from tank to bulb, line from bulb through drain hole into gas can. Then keep the fuel bulb, get gass out of any truck in the parking lot. FOR FREE. And it's quite too. No battery to drain.

OverKill
06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Do you have a local airport near by? You want the small airports that small aircraft fly into. Example, singal engine cessna. I run it and feel it's the best thing all around for your motor, tank, lines, carb,. Also you know your gonna get top of the line FAA approved fuel. Think about it if you had bad gas in an airplane and contributed to engine failure, you don't want an airplane falling from 15,000 feet from bad gas.

OUTLAW HALLETT
06-23-2007, 08:56 PM
when i get water in my tank i get out the air hose, disconnect the fuel line by the engine somewere wrap a towel arround the air nozzle stick it in the filler neck use the towel like a gasket and just blow the gas and water out through the fuel line, the water will come out first

beerjet
06-24-2007, 10:23 AM
when i get water in my tank i get out the air hose, disconnect the fuel line by the engine somewere wrap a towel arround the air nozzle stick it in the filler neck use the towel like a gasket and just blow the gas and water out through the fuel line, the water will come out first
ditto.
-beerjet-