PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter

Ivan Dan
06-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Thoughts?
I was really glad to see BJ Penn beat Pulver. I feel like Pulver was getting pretty damn cocky when he started talking about knocking out Penn's teeth. Penn looked like a whole different fighter than he did in his last couple fights with Hughes and St. Pierre.
Was also glad to Nate Diaz beat Gamburyan but not the I would (or anyone for that matter) would have liked to see it end.
How about the Meynard vs. Emerson fight? I kinda though Meynard got robbed in that fight a little because Emerson tapped out and the ref stopped it because of the tap.
Overall some decent fights to watch.

caroftheweek
06-23-2007, 11:13 PM
posting early this evening, aren't you? before midnight.:D
BTW, no sign yet. alot of people driving around too. missing them:sqeyes:

dmontzsta
06-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Great fights all around, except I wanted Pulver to win, I cannot stand the look or even the way BJ Penn talks.:) Inside, I knew BJ would win though.

AirtimeLavey
06-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I thought it was a good night of fights. Crazy how Meynard knocked himself out. That should be a good rematch. I was glad Penn won. He looked in better physical shape than I've seen him in a while. He's got crazy flexibility. Also, glad Diaz won, but hate to see it come that way. Gamburyan is a pitbull.
Hughes v. Serra as coaches in the next Ultimatefighter series. Should be cool.

Charley
06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Glad BJ got his redemption, I am not a huge Penn fan, Im a gsp fan but Bj looked in great shape, lean, focused and pretty much prefect in his performance..... Gamburion won the first round so I gotta say the way he won tuf5 was lame, honestly didnt care for his post fight parade either.... grey maynard should have been awarded that fight, if that was draw, or no contest, then so was Hughes vs Newton.... anyways... other than the main event "coaches" I'm glad it was free! :D

THOR
06-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Glad BJ got his redemption, I am not a huge Penn fan, Im a gsp fan but Bj looked in great shape, lean, focused and pretty much prefect in his performance..... Gamburion won the first round so I gotta say the way he won tuf5 was lame, honestly didnt care for his post fight parade either.... grey maynard should have been awarded that fight, if that was draw, or no contest, then so was Hughes vs Newton.... anyways... other than the main event "coaches" I'm glad it was free! :D
GSP?
Charley, Charley,
plenty of good "hometown" guys available for you to root for.

Charley
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
GSP?
Charley, Charley,
plenty of good "hometown" guys available for you to root for.
Hey Canada has at least one great fighter up there, unfortunately you have to look past the entire armed forces to find him :D

Newcastle
06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Overall the fights were decent. I agree, Maynard should have been awarded the victory. By watching the replay, the ref in the ring wasn't even watching Gray on the ground.
I wasn't a big fan of seeing all the losing fighters fight each other. But it was free so I can't complain.
I heard Manny G on Kevin and Bean last week. Seems like a good guy...even if he is Karl Parysian's (sp?) cousin.