PDA

View Full Version : Sea doo problems, Need a Mechanic

CB1
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
My buddy gave me a 1992 Sea Doo I quess the "stater" when out.. I need a mechanic in Havasu to fix it if anyone has one to recommend I would apprieciate it. and if anyone has an idea how much it's going to cost please let me know...Thanks bros....

mbroome
06-24-2007, 10:21 AM
u sure it's the starter? They are VERY easy to replace. Is the battery charged?If not, REPLACE it. do you get and beeps or tones when you put the lanyard on? If not it COULD be your mprem,(you SHOULD get two short tones) your lanyard or the wiring, fuses, etc. You can get a starter for under 100.00 on ebay and change it out yourself in under 30 mins. Its very easy. Remove the exhaust, undo two bolts, remove and replace and yer set! All you need is a metric allen wrench set, a screwdriver and a 13mm wrench.......

ahhell
06-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Theres a guy up here in Fort Mohave, 5 star boat repair, he fixed a buddies sea doo and wanted him to make sure it was right before paying him:eek:
side note about the lanyard tones...dont think they made any sounds back then, my 93 didnt...

MADDOG355
06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I would check the solinoid (sp) I don't know if they are seperate from the starter like other models but I would try it first.

ratso
06-24-2007, 10:37 AM
My buddy gave me a 1992 Sea Doo I quess the "stater" when out.. I need a mechanic in Havasu to fix it if anyone has one to recommend I would apprieciate it. and if anyone has an idea how much it's going to cost please let me know...Thanks bros....
Stator or Starter???

Throttle
06-24-2007, 10:40 AM
pull the motor, fill the engine compartment with concrete and let her sink.
sorry I am just sick of these on the lake, surrounded us yesterday, they never keep a straight line and you can just never predict what they will do next... thanks for letting me vent, I feel better.:D

ratso
06-24-2007, 10:44 AM
sorry I am just sick of these on the lake, surrounded us yesterday, they never keep a straight line and you can just never predict what they will do next... thanks for letting me vent, I feel better.:D
I was wondering how long that would take...:D

MADDOG355
06-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Stator or Starter???
Opps Good catch.

Throttle
06-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I was wondering how long that would take...:D
i waited, but could not wait any longer...

phebus
06-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Hater. :D

3 daytona`s
06-24-2007, 06:25 PM
But the old saying It`s not the gun that kills it`s the :idea:

CB1
06-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Stator, not the starter..

RiverRatMike
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree bombardier suck! If it where a Yamaha I'd save it.

Glamasu
06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
What you need is a sledge hammer