PDA

View Full Version : Lake Oroville Trip July 20, 21

Obsessive Compulsive
06-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Going to Oroville, staying at Lime saddle campground, I have a group of about 8-10 boater going already, anyone who is intersted. There is also camping at bidwell, loffer creek, as well as floating and boat in camps.:sqeyes:

GGR
06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Going to Oroville, staying at Lime saddle campground, I have a group of about 8-10 boater going already, anyone who is intersted. There is also camping at bidwell, loffer creek, as well as floating and boat in camps.:sqeyes:
Was just up there 2 weeks ago for the weekend, camped @ BC & had a great time. Allthough the water patrol took an unreasonable amount of people and boats to jail that weekend. Stay Safe.

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks, we always have a great time up there. Whats with the extra water patrol?

acatitude
06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
hey OC got a map of where you guys are staying and launch close. ? may cruise up for the day ...........

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 10:38 AM
That would be great. What day are you thinking of?

acatitude
06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
you going fri and sat? or sat and sun?? looks like hiway 70 to pentz rd. to lime saddle?? 20 & 21 is fri sat?

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 11:00 AM
70 to Pentz Rd. to lime saddle is correct. I am getting there thursday late afternoon, to be and meet on the water Friday at about 1:00 pm, at the first bridge you come in one of the coves, leaving lime saddle marina, as well as Saturday.

707dog
06-25-2007, 11:48 AM
is this a open invite??

GGR
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks, we always have a great time up there. Whats with the extra water patrol?
I have no idea why they were soooo deep, it was a non holiday weekend for Pete's sake. We pulled out of the ramp, and they had a dude, who was royally pissed about the whole thing. And when we pulled in two hours later, they had two other dudes handcuffed, waiting on a transport vehicle, while their boat and truck were towed. I went back to their campsite for them to tell their wives and family that they won't be back for a while. That part pretty much bummed me out. This was all at BC.

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Any one that wants to be boating on lake Oroville that weekend is more than welcome.

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I have no idea why they were soooo deep, it was a non holiday weekend for Pete's sake. We pulled out of the ramp, and they had a dude, who was royally pissed about the whole thing. And when we pulled in two hours later, they had two other dudes handcuffed, waiting on a transport vehicle, while their boat and truck were towed. I went back to their campsite for them to tell their wives and family that they won't be back for a while. That part pretty much bummed me out. This was all at BC.
That's one of the resons I go to lime saddle or the spillway to launch. I am assuming BC is bidwell Campground.
If your up in the area come on out and play.

acatitude
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
may try for friday, if not saturday for sure.. you staying over sat. night and leaving sunday???just dont want to go on the day everyone is leaving...

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
may try for friday, if not saturday for sure.. you staying over sat. night and leaving sunday???just dont want to go on the day everyone is leaving...
Leaving sunday morning. Let me know when you know what day so we can have a meeting area.

DAVEO
06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
OH Damn it looks like Ill be at this one. Be up friday eve. sometime.

Kindsvater Flat
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Watch for the road construction on 70.

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Watch for the road construction on 70.
Where about on 70 is the construction at and do you think it will be there weekend of July 20th?
OH Damn it looks like Ill be at this one. Be up friday eve. sometime.
OH yes you will. :D

Kindsvater Flat
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
North of Oroville near the 149 exit. They are working on that big interchange. You should be ok and the road isn't torn up but you never know of delays. The same goes if you took 99 to the Butte College turn off. Oh and that market thats been closed forever at the 4 way stop where you turn left to head to limesaddle will be opening up finally this summer. Suppose to be in a couple of weeks. But then again they've said that before.

Obsessive Compulsive
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
North of Oroville near the 149 exit. They are working on that big interchange. You should be ok and the road isn't torn up but you never know of delays. The same goes if you took 99 to the Butte College turn off. Oh and that market thats been closed forever at the 4 way stop where you turn left to head to limesaddle will be opening up finally this summer. Suppose to be in a couple of weeks. But then again they've said that before.
Thanks for all the info. I love that area, I grew up in Chico, went to Chico high, had one hell of a great time doing so.:eek:

Kindsvater Flat
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I live about 15 west of the afterbay near the sac river. Only time I travel 70 is we are going south with the sprint car. 99 Sucks and avoid it at all costs. From what I understand some dude slammed into the sherriffs boat up there the other day and it was parked. So watch out, there is some real talent up there. I launched the flat at limesaddle once and drove all the way out to the cove that has the 5 mph zone with shear cliffs on both sides. I swear I will never take that boat out there again. Just to much big water for it and you have to watch out for the 3 level bayliners. 4' wakes suck.
For those that are new to the lake make sure you bring sleeping bag stakes. Not to many flat areas there.:D

Obsessive Compulsive
06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
What part of the lake did the accident happen at, Bidwell or limesaddle end? Wonder if that is what GGR was talking about.

TUNNEL T
06-26-2007, 05:00 PM
do they allow the koolaid up there !

Obsessive Compulsive
06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Of corse. :idea:

acatitude
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
long as you mix it with a little gray goose:D :D

Kindsvater Flat
06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
What part of the lake did the accident happen at, Bidwell or limesaddle end? Wonder if that is what GGR was talking about.
Not sure on that one. I just heard about it.

TUNNEL T
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
long as you mix it with a little gray goose:D :D
will kettle one work i'm on a budget ! T

acatitude
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
will kettle one work i'm on a budget ! T
hell for a kool aid guy Ill bring the goose... fock the budget:D :D . its also 91 octane lol

TUNNEL T
06-28-2007, 07:48 PM
PERFECT ,that was the answer i was lookin for !

Obsessive Compulsive
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
hell for a kool aid guy Ill bring the goose... fock the budget:D :D . its also 91 octane lol
PERFECT ,that was the answer i was lookin for !
So does that mean that you guys are going? :idea:
I may need some octane.:jawdrop:

acatitude
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
plannin on saturday OC,, if I can keep the rig together 2 more weekends;)

Obsessive Compulsive
07-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Cool, :eek: just for the day or sleeping over?

acatitude
07-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Cool, :eek: just for the day or sleeping over?
Now why do you wanta know that homo??????????? :D :D .. prolly just the day less i have to much goose...

Obsessive Compulsive
07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Was just going to hook you up with plastic freind of mine called bubba.:)

acatitude
07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
lmao......:eek:

DAVEO
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Anyone need a giligan? Im going to be boatless.

acatitude
07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
WTF dave. both rides down???? If I'm there saturday you got a seat buddy . no sweat

Robbie Racer
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Dave, I will have room for you since it will just be Maggie and me in my junk. We should get there around 2 or so on Friday afternoon. Let me know. :)

Obsessive Compulsive
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Dude, sorry to hear that.:( Sounds like you are good to with Keith.
Dave, I will have room for you since it will just be Maggie and me in my junk. We should get there around 2 or so on Friday afternoon. Let me know. :)
Don't you mean 1 on the water. Right!:D

DAVEO
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks all I will be there friday night. I have osha training that whole week. Stoker is possably sold and I need to tare down the motor in the other. So I will bring food and drink so keep a light on for me.:D

acatitude
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
so whats up with the oroville trip???? who's going and when?

Obsessive Compulsive
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't have my list with me, but off the top of my head.
1. O.C.
2. Hull shot
3. 2 nasty
4. Robbie Racer and 2 other freinds with boats
5. Rocket J
6. Hammer
7. Pinky
8. Fox Trot
9. Sanger Dan and freind
And who ever I am forgetting.
I'm going to get there thursday night, Most of the rest is comming friday morning.

acatitude
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
kool will be there saturday morning as of now

Robbie Racer
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Don't you mean 1 on the water. Right!:D
Yeah, that's what I meant. I just got off the phone with Jeff at Smooth as Glass and he thinks that I can pick my junk up at 8:00 on Friday morning so we should be there by noon if all goes well. :)
Ken, see you on Saturday morning.

Obsessive Compulsive
07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
What! You don't pick boat up on day you going boating, it might not be done or what ever.
That's cool, it should work pretty good for you, trafifc wise.
Just get the old lady up a little earlier. Good luck.

TUNNEL T
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
have a good weekend guys ! see ya on the next one TUNNEL T

acatitude
07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
well shiat T, I had the goose chilin :(

DCBob
07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Have fun be safe ;) :)

Badburn
07-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I grew up in Chico, went to Chico high, had one hell of a great time doing so.:eek:
That explains a lot:D
I'm still not sure if I am coming OC, my wife won't commit.

hulshot
07-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I will be up friday morning around 10-10:30 ish. I still have to put my junk together with some broken shit around the gayrage. I think if I start fri morning I whould be ther on time. Did I hear O.C is buying the first round for everyone????:D

hulshot
07-17-2007, 07:27 AM
badburn, bring up the bad boy and show it off.:) I have seen O.C's junk too much, its time for some new junk to see........lol

Robbie Racer
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
What! You don't pick boat up on day you going boating, it might not be done or what ever.
That's cool, it should work pretty good for you, trafifc wise.
Just get the old lady up a little earlier. Good luck.
I'm not worried. Jeff said that even if he isn't completely done, it will still be water tight and as long as my bilge pumps are working, it shouldn't sink. :D
If I remember correctly, we take a the 70 to Pentz Road (left turn) and then go to Lime Saddle Road and turn right. Will that get us there?

acatitude
07-17-2007, 07:32 AM
That explains a lot:D
I'm still not sure if I am coming OC, my wife won't commit.
well if the wife won't committ bring the girlfriend:eek: :rolleyes:
thats the route Keith

acatitude
07-17-2007, 07:40 AM
are there any hotels close to there??

Obsessive Compulsive
07-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Hull Shot, first round is for thursday night dinner. :idea:
Badburn, now you understand. Chico. :)
R.R. 70 to Pentz rd. Tell Jeff to get his junk running. :eek:
DCBob, thanks, we catch you on the next one. :D
B.C. good Idea with grilfreind, we all need new meat to look at. Did I say that out loud. :sqeyes:
B.C. I'm sure they have hotel's in paradice, about 10 min. up the road. Keith used to stay in Oroville some where.
Just so we are clear, fri, and sat, to meet on the water, leaving from lime saddle marina go under big bridge, second cove (inlet) on right or left side, depennding on water level at 1:00ish, will wait for awhile while having a cold one. Friday to go up the, I think it's called the north fork. Saturday to go to, I think the middle fork where the Fether falls is at, if we can get that far, and then maybe to Bridge bay for cocktail.

Robbie Racer
07-17-2007, 08:28 AM
are there any hotels close to there??
Ken, The AAA website says there are 4 hotels in Paradise and there are several in Oroville as well. See you on Saturday.:)

acatitude
07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
do you guys now if oroville or paradise is closer to lime saddle??? I may try to come friday and stay over if its not to far of a drive to a hotel??

Robbie Racer
07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
and then maybe to Bridge bay for cocktail.
That may take awhile to get to Bridge Bay. Maybe we can go to Bidwell for a cocktail since it's closer. :D :D

Robbie Racer
07-17-2007, 08:35 AM
do you guys now if oroville or paradise is closer to lime saddle??? I may try to come friday and stay over if its not to far of a drive to a hotel??
Paradise is a little closer but both are within an easy driving distance.

acatitude
07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks Keith and yea I agree I may not have enough gas to get to bridge bay, lol

Obsessive Compulsive
07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
That may take awhile to get to Bridge Bay. Maybe we can go to Bidwell for a cocktail since it's closer. :D :D
Thanks Keith and yea I agree I may not have enough gas to get to bridge bay, lol
Boy, talk about a brain fart.:confused:

acatitude
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
WTF, well now I am up in the air about saturday as I just noticed im dripping water from my intake gasket on my truck,,,, so it goes in thursday and if its done by friday, the grocery getter will appear. damn trucks...only boats are suppossed to break

Obsessive Compulsive
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
That sucks, why don't you tear into now.
Just put a can of bars leak into it.:D

acatitude
07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I dont want to just band aid it and have it blow when im in the middle of nowheres.... plus Im working on my tbird also. they both crapped out in last 24 hours.... and here I thought they would last forever, can you believe that 215k on my truck and over 160 on that POS tbird and they break... whats this world coming to damn...tbird is almost done

Obsessive Compulsive
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
As we know all shiz breaks. Hope you get all together.

fastsanger
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
hey guys glad to hear your coming to lime saddle again the water is gettin low but not out of control yet for you guys looking for hotels in paradise there are like 5-6 motel,hotels and paradise is closer than orovile i wont be bringing the black daytona out but bringing the family cruiser and come have a cocktail with ya if anybody breaks down dont hessitate to call me so no one sits out for the weekend (alternator bracket etc.)530-864-0015 see ya shawn

Obsessive Compulsive
07-17-2007, 04:23 PM
It will be good to see you again, I used to have that blue and white sanger min cruiser. That guy you helped with the alt. bracket is not going to be able to make it, but he was very thankful. What does the family cruiser look like, so we can keep an eye open for you, then again we are not that hard to find with our kind of boats. Talk to you soon.

TUNNEL T
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
well shiat T, I had the goose chilin :(
KEN ,you don't go giving that stuff away ye here . we still need to hook up in sac .remember !!!!
aug 4th

Rocket-J
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I am ready. I have about 50lbs of extra parts with we to avoid the long tow I had last time. Which only means that I will have lots of extra parts for everyone else and no parts for my next failure. Murphy's Law! :D Al

Boatmaster
07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Have fun this weekend FOCKERS! I will make this trip some year! Take pics!

acatitude
07-17-2007, 08:47 PM
KEN ,you don't go giving that stuff away ye here . we still need to hook up in sac .remember !!!!
aug 4th
Its on ice T;)

Obsessive Compulsive
07-18-2007, 05:58 AM
Its on ice T;)
That's how I like my goose.:D

Robbie Racer
07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks all I will be there friday night. I have osha training that whole week. Stoker is possably sold and I need to tare down the motor in the other. So I will bring food and drink so keep a light on for me.:D
Hey Dave, are you still on for gilligan duty on Saturday at Oroville? I talked to Jeff today and he said my junk is better than new now. Yeah!! :) Your job will be to make sure I don't run over any more rocks on Saturday. :(

DAVEO
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Dave, are you still on for gilligan duty on Saturday at Oroville? I talked to Jeff today and he said my junk is better than new now. Yeah!! :) Your job will be to make sure I don't run over any more rocks on Saturday. :(
It doesnt look good. This OSHA is kicken my ass. I leave my house at 430 am and get home around 730pm so far this week. Looks like friday is going to be later. I wish I could. If some thing changes Ill let you know. But as for know Im not going to make another one. FOOOCKEN-:mad:

twowheeledfish
07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Looks like there's gonna be some nice hardware at the 'ville this weekend, instead of the normal regatta of cookie-cutter rollbar plow boats. I might have to head to limesaddle to meet a few peeps and check out the floatilla.

Obsessive Compulsive
07-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Sounds good. Come over and have a cold one.

Badburn
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey OC, I dont want to read through al these posts............where can you camp up there? I'm still trying to put this together...........Right now I think I wil be coming up friday for the day and maybe stay the night if there is a spot.

Obsessive Compulsive
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
We should have room for you in our group site at lime saddle campground.

acatitude
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Looks like we may be showing up friday morning...............

TUNNEL T
07-22-2007, 07:48 AM
hope everones junk ran great . picked a great weekend weather wise ! TUNNEL T

Robbie Racer
07-22-2007, 02:37 PM
We just got back home after a wonderful weekend at Oroville. The weather was perfect. It was great to see everyone again. Thanks Pierre for hosting this annual event. :)

acatitude
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Great weekend thanks OC. great seeing everyone. see ya all around campus next time:D

Obsessive Compulsive
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks to all who came. It was a mellow great weekend. Hope to see some pic. soon.:D Badburn, nice looking boat. BC, hope you get your truck running soon. Hulshot, At least you didn't have a tent problem. :eek: 2-Nasty, keep your wife under control. :D Pinki-4-U, thanks for hauling the bar around for my wife and Fox trot. :) Rocket-J, 250 Hr. on drive, you can't complain. :( R.R. your woman is to funny with her stories about backing up your trailer. :)

DCBob
07-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks to all who came. It was a mellow great weekend. Hope to see some pic. soon.:D Badburn, nice looking boat. BC, hope you get your truck running soon. Hulshot, At least you didn't have a tent problem. :eek: 2-Nasty, keep your wife under control. :D Pinki-4-U, thanks for hauling the bar around for my wife and Fox trot. :) Rocket-J, 250 Hr. on drive, you can't complain. :( R.R. your woman is to funny with her stories about backing up your trailer. :)
Sounds like ya all had a great trip! Glad yer all back safe and without too much carnage. See ya at the river;) :)

Kindsvater Flat
07-31-2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/view.jpg
Two 3000 pound steel beams collapsed this morning at 7:15. Construction crews are still on the scene trying to stabilize the structure so they can re-open traffic on Highway 149.
Crews scrambled to rescue Robert Sylvester of Chico. He sat trapped in his crumpled Fed-Ex truck for two and a half hours, trapped in by fallen steel beams.
“Given the time of day this happened, we’re very fortunate it was only one vehicle that was involved. A lot of people use this road to commute between Chico and Oroville,” commented CHP officer Justin Maxey. Scaffolding on a temporary bridge collapsed at the overpass construction site at Highway 149 and Highway 70.
Another person, construction worker Jeffrey Doll of Olivehurst, was on top of the bridge when it came crashing down. He broke a few bones, including his pelvis.
“We understand one of our workers was actually on top of the beam when it came down,” said Caltrans spokesperson Mark Dinger, “Somehow he incredibly rode that beam fifty feet to the ground.”
Caltrans tried to stop traffic after the collapse. That is when a third victim slammed her car into a Caltrans vehicle. That victim, Carrie Underwood of Oroville, suffered two broken legs.
Now investigators are trying to find out what caused the collapse. “We don’t have any ideas as of yet. Typically this false work (scaffolding) supports just tons and tons of weight,” Dinger told Action News.
Flatiron Construction out of Benecia, California, is the subcontractor working on the overpass. Kurt Wells, the general contractor told Action News, “I just really want to assure everyone, safety is our top priority. We are very concerned about the incident that happened this morning.”
Officials say the wreckage has to be removed before the highway can re-open. They expect the highway to reopen tomorrow. Go Back
Second article
CHP officers and Cal Fire workers said that the outcome of Tuesday’s scaffolding accident was a miracle. Even the injuries, given the magnitude of the collapse, are relatively few and minor. Both of the men involved in the collapse are very fortunate.
“The beam was on my lap, I just saw a picture of the whole thing and I guess the back of my truck got it just as bad but I wasn’t really aware of anything. I just say there and saw the big beam and they were trying to get it off,” FedEx driver Robert Sylvester, pictured, recalled.
Sylvester’s wife, Carol, is also stunned and thankful at her husband’s condition, “He’s doing well. He’s got some cuts and a sprained ankle. They can’t find any reason to keep him here, so we were incredibly lucky.”
Jeffrey Doll, the construction worker who fell 50 feet from the collapsed scaffolding, was unable to speak on camera. His wife, Robin cannot believe Jeffrey suffered only a broken rib and elbow as well as a fractured pelvis.
“He doesn’t look like he has a scratch on him. He looks fine to me, he just has bumps,” Robin Doll explained, “The elbow has a pretty big gash in it so there’s just that but he doesn’t have a scratch on his face, on his chest.”
Another victim, Carrie Underwood, drove her car into a CalTrans vehicle after the accident. She suffered two broken legs and is at Oroville Hospital. Go Back