PDA

View Full Version : New owner, new winner...

steelcomp
06-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, I have to congratulate Mitch Selby for his first win, in his first race in my old Bahner. He took delivery Fri. afternoon, and drove all the way back to Oregon, right to the track, and proceeded to clean house this weekend in the 10.0 bracket in the CDBA, in a boat that untill Friday, he'd never even seen in person.
Way to go, Mitch. :D

BrendellaJet
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Good for him. That boat was badass & you did a hell of a job putting it together so Im not surprised that all went well for him.

steelcomp
06-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks Brendella...we'l see how he does. There's some pretty sharp guys in that class, both in the CDBA, and IHBA Division races. Lots of good competition.

Rattle Can Lou
06-25-2007, 03:48 AM
It's a freking jet boat for God's sake. Get in, stab the gas and go!!!. Grow some sack and buy a v-drive next time!!!!:D. Congrats by the way.

hotbo
06-25-2007, 05:11 AM
well cograts to him and you.:D you must be proud to have set a boat up that good for a person that has never drove it to win like that.bet it was anice boat i like the bahners:D

Cs19
06-25-2007, 05:36 AM
It's a freking jet boat for God's sake. Get in, stab the gas and go!!!. Grow some sack and buy a v-drive next time!!!!:D. Congrats by the way.
:confused:

Cs19
06-25-2007, 05:37 AM
congrats to the new owner although its sad to see it go.

steelcomp
06-25-2007, 05:54 AM
It's a freking jet boat for God's sake. Get in, stab the gas and go!!!. Grow some sack and buy a v-drive next time!!!!:D. Congrats by the way.I already have a v-drive you homo.:D
"Get on your bad little scooter and ride"...LOL
Thanks Lou.

steelcomp
06-25-2007, 05:57 AM
well cograts to him and you.:D you must be proud to have set a boat up that good for a person that has never drove it to win like that.bet it was anice boat i like the bahners:D
Thanks hotbo.

hotbo
06-25-2007, 06:04 AM
your welcome.do you have any pics i could see.like i said i have always been fond of the bahners.

steelcomp
06-25-2007, 06:17 AM
your welcome.do you have any pics i could see.like i said i have always been fond of the bahners.
There's a thread about 5 pages back "Sold the Bahner"...there are a few pics there. You can also search my screen name for threads I've started. Plenty of pics there.

jetboatperformance
06-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Good Job steelcomp I remember the boat well plus all the years of work and experimenting you did to get it there !! Tom

steelcomp
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Amazing what can happen when you actually take a boat off the trailer eh Lou...
How did your sack run while sitting on the trailer in the parking lot?
Congrats to the new owner Scott
Hey, Lou...he's talkin to you. :idea:
I'll pass along ther congrats. :D

steelcomp
06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Good Job steelcomp I remember the boat well plus all the years of work and experimenting you did to get it there !! Tom
Thanks Tom. Yeah, you're one of the few that saw it way back. I got some good advice from you when I first started. In fact, I think I still owe you for a classified???:jawdrop:

hellman2u
06-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Mitch is a very accomplished driver with many championships to prove it,and one of the most competitive racers I have ever known. I was very proud to be there with him on his first win in the new boat and first win in the 10.00 sec class, first win in any class in the CDBA means you get wet at awards ceremony. So we got to see Mitch go for a swim. I also had a good weekend winning the 11.00s . Steelcomp , it was great talking to you on the phone. The boat was very nice and your efforts will not go unoticed. The ford boys noticed right away that Mitch was now running a Chev. Too funny. Congratulations Mitch and Debbie !! Jim Deboard CDBA "HOWLER#439"

Mr. Lucky
06-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks Scott for the awesome Hot Rod. The pictures didn't do it justice. It's a very nice Piece, that's for sure. Thanks for the congrats from the other folks on our "right out of the box" win. Way more than I expected. All I was looking for was some seat time. Special thanks to Jim & Michelle (Howler 439) for the entire weekend. I didn't even take my pit. Jim had it all set up for me. as we drove straight to the track, after picking up the boat. Scott, I hope to see you at a CDBA race this summer. Mitch Selby

bottom feeder
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey blind man Lou. I will drive your V-drive three pedal having sob. If you will drive my jet at the next race in the digs @ Marsing.:D Its just a freaking jet for gods sake, stab the gas and go!!!:eek:
I will be down to your place next week to eyeball your projects.
Mr Lucky,
Congrats on the new purchase and the win first trip out. Along with welcome to the boards.

steelcomp
06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Mitch is a very accomplished driver with many championships to prove it,and one of the most competitive racers I have ever known. I was very proud to be there with him on his first win in the new boat and first win in the 10.00 sec class, first win in any class in the CDBA means you get wet at awards ceremony. So we got to see Mitch go for a swim. I also had a good weekend winning the 11.00s . Steelcomp , it was great talking to you on the phone. The boat was very nice and your efforts will not go unoticed. The ford boys noticed right away that Mitch was now running a Chev. Too funny. Congratulations Mitch and Debbie !! Jim Deboard CDBA "HOWLER#439"
Hey Jim, Thanks for the compliments. It was good talking with you as well. It puts me at ease knowing that between you and Mitch, the boat's in good hands. You sound like a pretty sharp guy, and I know that the boat will be well taken care of. Congrats on your 11.0 win!

steelcomp
06-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks Scott for the awesome Hot Rod. The pictures didn't do it justice. It's a very nice Piece, that's for sure. Thanks for the congrats from the other folks on our "right out of the box" win. Way more than I expected. All I was looking for was some seat time. Special thanks to Jim & Michelle (Howler 439) for the entire weekend. I didn't even take my pit. Jim had it all set up for me. as we drove straight to the track, after picking up the boat. Scott, I hope to see you at a CDBA race this summer. Mitch Selby MItch, I don't know how often I'll be able to get up there to see you run, but I'm going to sure try. You just keep cutting those "oh" lights, and the rest will fall into place. :D I've got a feeling you've taken a swat at a hornets nest with that win, though. Can you say "fresh meat" in the ME class! Good luck, 'cause there's a big bull's eye on your back, now.:sqeyes:

hellman2u
06-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Welcome to the boards "MR. LUCKY" !! Thanks Steelcomp, hope to meet you this season. Jim