PDA

View Full Version : I feel I was there

infotraker
06-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I missed CFW Fathers day cause we were In Alaska but reading the review of the weekend is great entertainment while on the road. Makes up for us missing it ! I love to be there for the great boat show in the water and out and talking to the people. I don't care if people race or not , just have fun with the event for what it is. These funny posts are the same year after year, thats part of the after event.

sixgunsam
06-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Jim, sorry you couldn't make it to Far West this year, I was finally able to get my boat wet and it ran pretty good [when I put John, the owner of the purple Wasabi boat, in it]. When do you get back? I'm going to try to make it out to Knights Landing for Labor Day, interested?

infotraker
06-25-2007, 05:48 AM
Its great that you finally got the boat running ! Will it run with only you in the boat ? What finally cleared up the heating prob ? I have a bug in mine, hopefully only carb problems to work out when I get home. Need to get it running for a week at eagle lake the end of the month. If it still has probs. I can get out my backup 68 schiada flat. Nice to have a second hot boat to use just in case. I'll try to go to the Labor day outing also.

infotraker
06-25-2007, 06:10 AM
I try to keep it a secret but - its above Susanville. We have been going since the 70's. Its at about 5000 feet and goodsized. It gets windy at times but flat also. Its know as a hot fishing lake with eagle lake trout getting to 5 lbs. We rent a family group site for a week and have about 40 friends and family. I occassionally get hassled by the sheriff but passed the noise gun last year. My bother and I ussually are the only hot boats on the lake. Mostly fishing boats and some family ski boats.