PDA

View Full Version : stuffer plate me

4604me
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
what exactley is it, and do i need one.if so,i must have one. can i make my own, i have seen them in hot boat, but not in detail,looks like a round piece of SS or aluminum with a hole in it. screwed to the inside of the bowl. has anybody made their own. im sure someone has. info on materials and any thing else i may need would be great.thanks.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-15-2006, 04:13 PM
They are a "filler" that occupies some of the space behind the impeller and in front of the bowl, For high-speed, race aplications thery help by "smoothing" the water flow and keeping it from swirling in the opening behind the impeller. In most lake-boat aplications, any improvement is minimal, if it is even noticable.

IMPATIENT 1
02-15-2006, 07:55 PM
what exactley is it, and do i need one.if so,i must have one. can i make my own, i have seen them in hot boat, but not in detail,looks like a round piece of SS or aluminum with a hole in it. screwed to the inside of the bowl. has anybody made their own. im sure someone has. info on materials and any thing else i may need would be great.thanks.
UNLESS YOUR BOAT'S A RACER,DON'T WASTE THE DOUGH.