PDA

View Full Version : Carb Fuel inlet gasket

Taylorman
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Holley Dominator, the metal gaskets for the fuel inlets. Mine was leaking today. I removed one of the inlet fittings the other day, replaced it now it leaks. Do these gaskets need to be changed when you removed the fitting? Yes it was tight. Just wondering if they go bad. Never leaked before. I have 2 gaskets on each inlet fitting.

IMPATIENT 1
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Holley Dominator, the metal gaskets for the fuel inlets. Mine was leaking today. I removed one of the inlet fittings the other day, replaced it now it leaks. Do these gaskets need to be changed when you removed the fitting? Yes it was tight. Just wondering if they go bad. Never leaked before. I have 2 gaskets on each inlet fitting.
i busted the threads outta 1 of my bowls sat fighting the same issue kevin. i bought shiat fuel logs and when i was trying to tighten the shit outta em to the inlet, i turned the inlet and pulled threads out of the bowl:mad: :mad:
after i bead blasted and built another bowl, i put the metal gaskets on the inlets and wrapped the threads and metal gasket with teflon tape;) , when i stuck em all back in, i got a good positive seal with no leaks.

Taylorman
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I see they make nylon gaskets, are these more leak proof than the metal ones?

Bobbo541
06-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I use the nylon ones and never had a leak.