PDA

View Full Version : Using someone's anchor/spike?

THOR
06-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Have you guys ever (on purpose) tied up to/or parked in front of somebodys anchor and/or sand spike? I was getting the kids out on the water for about 45 minutes, came back to Moabi and found some tool (in a red/black/gray Magic deck) in my spot in front of my EZ UP no less. Also, he was parked right next to my Dad's boat.
What goes through people's heads?

Ziggy
06-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Have you guys ever (on purpose) tied up to/or parked in front of somebodys anchor and/or sand spike? I was getting the kids out on the water for about 45 minutes, came back to Moabi and found some tool (in a red/black/gray Magic deck) in my spot in front of my EZ UP no less. Also, he was parked right next to my Dad's boat.
me, me ,me ,me ,me ,me and me.....:rolleyes:

THOR
06-25-2007, 08:09 AM
me, me ,me ,me ,me ,me and me.....:rolleyes:
You know what pissed my off the most Zig? It wasnt that the guy's wife was being a bitch, nor what it the fact that he didnt have a clue, it was that he was teaching his kids that this was okay to do. And, 15 years from now, his kids will be doing this to me AGAIN!

Cole Trickle
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
We had someone pull up to our spot in the nautical and use our spike a couple years back. It almost turned ugly when he said it was his spike and not mine....:confused: :mad: :)
It was a small wakeboard boat...worst thing was the lippy girls on the boat that were running there mouths.

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Is this kind of the same thing as RESERVE parking @ the Nautical?:D

MrsSigEpMock
06-25-2007, 08:12 AM
We had someone pull up to our spot in the nautical and use our spike a couple years back. It almost turned ugly when he said it was his spike and not mine....:confused: :mad: :)
Are you sure it wasn't his, you cheap bastard??? :eek: :D :D
j/k How was this weekend?

H20 Toie
yep last year at desert storm
used my spike and ez up :( and then left the boat there all night so i had to put my boat back on the trailer.

THOR
Is this kind of the same thing as RESERVE parking @ the Nautical?:D
Not really, my Dad left his boat there as we ran out to the open water with the kids. Again, we had ALL our stuff there: EZ UP, spike, Dad's boat, toys, etc. I am all for moving closer and sharing, but this was just outright ignorant.

Ziggy
06-25-2007, 08:13 AM
You know what pissed my off the most Zig? It wasnt that the guy's wife was being a bitch, nor what it the fact that he didnt have a clue, it was that he was teaching his kids that this was okay to do. And, 15 years from now, his kids will be doing this to me AGAIN!
exactly.............and they'll do it with even more attitude.
Selfishness is a learned disorder..

THOR
06-25-2007, 08:13 AM
yep last year at desert storm
used my spike and ez up :( and then left the boat there all night so i had to put my boat back on the trailer.
That is horrible. Karma is a powerful thing H2O Toie. Never forget that.

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Not really, my Dad left his boat there as we ran out to the open water with the kids. Again, we had ALL our stuff there: EZ UP, spike, Dad's boat, toys, etc. I am all for moving closer and sharing, but this was just outright ignorant.
I agree, but I do know there is no reserve parking on the beach. We use to stay there for many years camping in one of the Cabanas. We would come back and someone would be using my achor so I would just untie it and watch it float off into the middle of the lagoon or I would have the kids play next to it splashing the whole time. Usually the owner would come down and move it. I only had one time that almost went to blows until I had enough and stood up and he realized I had 50lbs on him.....lol:D besides, I'm a Lover NOT a fighter :idea:

THOR
06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
I agree, but I do know there is no reserve parking on the beach. We use to stay there for many years camping in one of the Cabanas. We would come back and someone would be using my achor so I would just untie it and watch it float off into the middle of the lagoon or I would have the kids play next to it splashing the whole time. Usually the owner would come down and move it. I only had one time that almost went to blows until I had enough and stood up and he realized I had 50lbs on him.....lol:D besides, I'm a Lover NOT a fighter :idea:
Agreed on the parking, but people cant be that ignorant can they? Also, I didnt take kindly to the dude 'almost' getting angry with my Dad. I rarely get confrontational anymore unless in involves my family. But, I restrained myself for the sole fact that my 4 year old and 2 year old were watching Dad. So, I decided to explain to them that these people werent nice and werent smart.
But, I did get a little closer to the boat when he was still jawing and told him that I am glad my spike wasnt a cheeseburger cuz if it were then his fast slob of a wife would have eaten it. ;) He knew then that I wasnt in the mood to hear him any longer.

MR.rvrluvr
06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
ran next to a big baller digital chevy PU on thurs, bear valley road in AV..was it you....? i was in a brown and red dump truck heading for the new apple valley plaza...central and BV road....next time slow down and wave a hand...:) :) :) not just one finger:D :D

Not So Fast
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Was it the graphics they (Magic) used in one of their ads in ***boat recently? if it was, the the guy dont tow any better than he parks cause I followed him yesterday on 95 and "slow lane luke" proceeded at about 35 mph in the fast lane, hard to figure?? NSF

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
It was probobly one of the Moabi locals, they think they own the beach and they control who gets to beach a boat there. They are real trailer park trash...:eek:

Cole Trickle
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Are you sure it wasn't his, you cheap bastard??? :eek: :D :D
j/k How was this weekend?
It was mine...I stole it 2 weeks earlier and wrote my name with a sharpie;):D
Weekend was great...nice and relaxing:) :)

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2007, 09:36 AM
ran next to a big baller digital chevy PU on thurs, bear valley road in AV..was it you....? i was in a brown and red dump truck heading for the new apple valley plaza...central and BV road....next time slow down and wave a hand...:) :) :) not just one finger:D :D
Yep, the one finger wave was me just saying "Hello" :D next time try covering your load so I dont have to race around you........:sqeyes: Lay on the horn next time to gain my attention...lol

RitcheyRch
06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Some people just have no freaking respect of others.