PDA

View Full Version : driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ... sigh

FMluvswater
02-15-2006, 02:57 AM
so tired of that damn blue crashed again screen. :notam: I Googled. Just got more confused. What I could follow I checked to see if any of my devices are sharing an irq ... far as I can see ... nope. Read something about turning off hyperthreading ... no idea what that is or how to do it or if it would even help. Anybody have any suggestions? :idea: Okay other than get a new puter/send to shop? :D (I will send in for repairs soon but in the meantime that blue screen needs to stop interrupting me every half hour or so.) I'm sooo :notam: ; nope not amused at all. :yuk:
Thanks for any ideas.

mike37
02-15-2006, 07:47 AM
sound like the CPU is overheating and needs a new fan
and if you have already changed the fan the CPU may have been damaged and will never work right again
one other thing is any software that you have down loaded especially free beta versions can do cause this

probablecause
02-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Same thing with me. Did all of the IRQ checks, and downloaded tests, etc., but no luck. It was my motherboard that was going bad. Kept getting the blue screen of death. All of my other hardware was good. Just upgraded the motherboard and processor for 200.00 and it was like getting a whole new computer.

FMluvswater
02-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't feel competent to open the tower case to remove dust. :redface: Guess this is not a DIY for me. :squiggle: Repair shop it is.
Thanks guys. :smile: