PDA

View Full Version : Moabi launch ramp follies..

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Oh the entrainment.....gonna add a sign under the one as you enter the "NO WAKE" to the Moabi channel saying "NO BRAINS".
The sights were as usual great to watch. The macho assholes that take up three lanes because they got a big 28 footer and they need all the room they can get, and then pull it out of the water a few feet and start to wipe it down, and after pissing off the other 20 people trying to get out of the water they move up to the back up lanes and start to spray it down and wax the boat, now they get three or four of their buddies along side of them and the whole fricken ramp is blocked off....
And then it happens, the big, bad tatted stud jumps off his big bad 15 foot twin engine Yamaha boat and gets his truck, backs it down the ramp, proceeds to turn the trailer 90 degrees and when everyone yells at him he stops, gives everyone his bad looks and pulls forward the backs in again. He wants to make sure hes in far enough, and this is what he ends up with.....
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/bajabigdog/Chris_Trailor_001.jpg
The truck dies, they pull him out, his girlfriend is pissed, we laugh...and again we sing..
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"
It was on the flatbed on Sunday morning with water still running out of it!!
BEER...its a good thing!!!:D :D

pixilatedpussy
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
:jawdrop: :D :D :D :D :D Gotta love it!

Nord
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I like to see people's faces when they see the concrete dividers they have for each lane there.................classic

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Classic, alot of good memories at that ramp. Were you ther prior to the improvement of the launch ramp (5 lane with curbs?)"

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I like to see people's faces when they see the concrete dividers they have for each lane there.................classic
Those curbs are gone, all new launch ramp, 7 lanes and different approach

Old Texan
06-25-2007, 09:45 AM
"Got them old launch ramp, can't back a trailer down Bluezzzzzzzzzzzz........."
Ya gotta love 'em. Get that trailer DEEP!!!!!!:devil: :D

Not So Fast
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Hate to say it but that is whats needed at Windsor. It never fails that some guy thinks he can stuff his 9' wide trailer into an 8' opening, happens all the time. :( :( NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
06-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Launched at Moabi for the first time this last Friday, that's a really good launch ramp.....

HM
06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Launched at Moabi for the first time this last Friday, that's a really good launch ramp.....
Don't walk on it barefoot!!!! Them ridges is sharp!!!

Nord
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
They took those out!!!!! What a shame :(

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh yea...there is a trailer on the back of the truck!!!:D

thumbs
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
How does this even happen? Forget to put the truck into park or just plain stupid and backs it in that deep.
The wife and I will be spending a week at Moabi in August. I guess we will have to check out the antics one or two nights.

thumbs
06-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Baja Big Dog - Your avitar freaks me out.

Tequila-John
06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!

LAFD
06-25-2007, 10:38 AM
was he trying to put the boat in the bed of his truck? geez.

HalletDave
06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I think it freaks a lot of folks out.:eek: What breed of dog is it?:confused:

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Its one of those "only a mother" things!!!:D

Havasu_Dreamin
06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
How does this even happen? Forget to put the truck into park or just plain stupid and backs it in that deep.
I think it's lack of common sense or paying attention. While retrieving at Cottonwood on Saturday afternoon this guy next to me in a Ford Explorer is trying to retrieve to Yamaha Waverunners. He proceeds to back the little Zieman PWC trailer all the way until the rear bumper of the Explorer is submegred, as is the entire rear wheel. To top things off they had trouble getting the waverunners on the trailer.....

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
The wife and I will be spending a week at Moabi in August. I guess we will have to check out the antics one or two nights.
No...he drove it in, the only thing he forgot was to not drink the last six pack!:D

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
UGLY...with a dash of chop!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Not sure of the breed, but it was picked out by my ex girfriend!!!!
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/bajabigdog/Blonde.jpg

Coach
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I got to witness one of the dumbest launches of all time at Moabi. A guy backs his brand new truck (can't remember the make right now) with his jet ski in the back. He backs is way down so the tires and bed is in the water. He bounces the ski off and after that the back end of his truck starts to lift up and the truck sides down into the river and sinks. A huge crane had to come to remove the truck. The guy said he had 500 miles on the truck!
New ridges are sharp!
The thing I hate there is how many guys clean their boat blocking the lanes to get out :mad: I always drive over by the showers and do my clean up there.

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I got to witness one of the dumbest launches of all time at Moabi. A guy backs his brand new truck (can't remember the make right now) with his jet ski in the back. He backs is way down so the tires and bed is in the water. He bounces the ski off and after that the back end of his truck starts to lift up and the truck sides down into the river and sinks. A huge crane had to come to remove the truck. The guy said he had 500 miles on the truck!
New ridges are sharp!
The thing I hate there is how many guys clean their boat blocking the lanes to get out :mad: I always drive over by the showers and do my clean up there.
It was a Chevy, and he was pissed when I sang "Like a rock". The guy was an asshole, and one wanted to help him..
He was also pissed when someone mentioned that his lights were still on under 5 feet of water!!
The old ramp, thanks for the memories!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I always drive over by the showers and do my clean up there.
That's the one thing I was unsure of, where the wipe down area was as there is no obvious area. So I just pulled it around and went to an open spot in the trailer parking area.....

KineticoH20
06-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I usually only launch at Moabi as I am a 1 man crew at the ramp as the wife is useless. It is a great ramp well made. I have never seen much mayhem there.

Old Texan
06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I usually only launch at Moabi as I am a 1 man crew at the ramp as the wife is useless. It is a great ramp well made. I have never seen much mayhem there.
I don't imagine she visits here to often either....:D Tell us how you found this out for certain????? I suspect there's astory or 2 involved.:devil:
My wife has gotten real good at pulling the trailer out and straight in parking and pulling the boat out after I load. Other than that she is best left out of any "strategic movement".;)
I have an observation, why is it that most novices and especially lake lice pilots think you have to have the trailer completely submerged anyway???? This is a very common problem and if they just look around at others efficiently moving in and out of the water you'd think that little light bulb in their head would go off?????:confused:

MADDOG355
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I am lucky, My wife has gotten pretty good at backing down the ramp. She even has to back a buddies trailer down for him half the time. :D

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
The real sight Sat on the ramp was the six seat Frieghtliner with the 38 foot Formula trailer on it, she picked up the truck from the overflow parking lot drove it over and backed it down the ramp like a pro, she got a standing "O" from the ramp monkeys watching the show.

havaduner
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Coach;2638289]I got to witness one of the dumbest launches of all time at Moabi. A guy backs his brand new truck (can't remember the make right now) with his jet ski in the back. He backs is way down so the tires and bed is in the water. He bounces the ski off and after that the back end of his truck starts to lift up and the truck sides down into the river and sinks. A huge crane had to come to remove the truck. The guy said he had 500 miles on the truck!
I think I can top that one. At Havasu Landing, we have two ramps, one in the marina, and one outside the marina (still in the park) that can be used when the water is at normal level. A couple months or so, the water was a bit down, and our ramp isnt very steep, so you gotta back the truck into the water just a bit to get the trailer deep enough. Well I guess it was a struggle for this guy to load his boat back on the trailer, so after dinner (and I think several more beers than he needed) he cruises down the other ramp, in the dark, front end first. As soon as the front wheels hit wet concrete, he slides the truck in, off the end of the ramp which prolly has a 18" drop. He and his passenger open the doors, and fill that cab with a couple feet or so of water. It took two four wheel drives strapped together to drag him out. Saw the truck on a wrecker next morning being towed somewhere.

gramps
06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I always thought there was a rule that the first time a wife and the boat came in contact with each other launch lessons were mandatory.

Xlration Marine
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
water in the diff. water in the diff. hi ho the darry-o, water in the diff.
:confused: :confused: is that how it goes?

WishIknew
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh the entrainment.....gonna add a sign under the one as you enter the "NO WAKE" to the Moabi channel saying "NO BRAINS".
The sights were as usual great to watch. The macho assholes that take up three lanes because they got a big 28 footer and they need all the room they can get, and then pull it out of the water a few feet and start to wipe it down, and after pissing off the other 20 people trying to get out of the water they move up to the back up lanes and start to spray it down and wax the boat, now they get three or four of their buddies along side of them and the whole fricken ramp is blocked off....
And then it happens, the big, bad tatted stud jumps off his big bad 15 foot twin engine Yamaha boat and gets his truck, backs it down the ramp, proceeds to turn the trailer 90 degrees and when everyone yells at him he stops, gives everyone his bad looks and pulls forward the backs in again. He wants to make sure hes in far enough, and this is what he ends up with.....
The truck dies, they pull him out, his girlfriend is pissed, we laugh...and again we sing..
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"
Buddy of Captain Ron?????:jawdrop:

LEADFOOTjosh
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHA.. you guys must of had a feild day with that guy.. I am sure the MAYOR OF MOABI (aka stokerboy) had some great comments LOL:D :D

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 08:13 AM
A lot of people had some comments about this little trick....not many complementary one though!!

stoker22405
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
HAHAHAHA.. you guys must of had a feild day with that guy.. I am sure the MAYOR OF MOABI (aka stokerboy) had some great comments LOL:D :D
Stokerboy....Lockerboy.....You seem to have a thing for the term "Boy"........

Kiddunot
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Should of just let the truck roll the rest of the way down the ramp....ITS A FORD. Oh the entrainment.....gonna add a sign under the one as you enter the "NO WAKE" to the Moabi channel saying "NO BRAINS".
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"

WishIknew
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"
BEER...its a good thing!!!:D :D GET RED JEEP AND PULL IT OUT!!!!!:sqeyes:

PaPaG
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
GET RED JEEP AND PULL IT OUT!!!!!:sqeyes:
Or bring broken white jeep back and see if he gets stuck doing it :eek: :D

PaPaG
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
You forgot Cracker Boy....:D

LEADFOOTjosh
06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
got to love them crakers.. LOL

LEADFOOTjosh
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
call em.. how I see 'em

stoker22405
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
You forgot Cracker Boy....:D
Who's crackerboy..?

meaniam
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
hah waiting for the lake elisnore post to show this years ass

PaPaG
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Who's crackerboy..?
Leadfoot's other nickname: Given by someone on ***boat that he got into it with a while back :D :)

stoker22405
06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Leadfoot's other nickname: Given by someone on ***boat that he got into it with a while back :D :)
That makes sense....

LEADFOOTjosh
06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
That makes sense....
nothin here makes any sence LOL

PaPaG
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
nothin here makes any sence LOL
Hey trouble maker, where are you hiding? :D :D