PDA

View Full Version : UPS Question on Lost Package

C-2
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I think we had a package go south on some used oil coolers I bought from a guy on OSO. I understand things like this happen, just another speedbump in life (thus the origin of my siggy). So I'm not all pissy - disappointed, but not mad.
Anyhow, we think mayne the shipping label fell off. The package had an arrival scan in Anaheim, then to Vernon, where the trail stopped.
They are trying to locate the package, but indicate they have to resolve the issue within 8 days. The coolers are an essential part of my new motor - and I really, really would like them. My primary concern is getting the coolers, even if I have to wait weeks.
So do I sit tight, or is there something I can do on my end? The 8 days part scares me - I want the parts (which are no longer made), but am worried they will insurance this thing out and the coolers will end up in a black hole somewhere. Yes, my money will be refunded, but I really want/need the parts.
????:(

uLtRADeNniS
06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
I ordered Crutchfield Electronics last week. My order was $550. Well I only received $100 worth of products. I called them and they insisted it was in the package. They instructed me to call UPS and file a claim before they send a new one. So I called UPS and they are sending someone out to inspect my box. :confused:
UPS didnt understand why the package was only insured by Crutchfield for $200 if there was over $500 of electronics in there. Just doesnt make since. So I went to Circuit City over the weekend and bought the same head unit that was missing So I can get my install complete. So now Im out $800:(.
I dont know what to do but wait for UPS to come out and do their investigation.
...I know this didnt answer your question, but I had to vent too. :)

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Bummer deal C-2.
Any package that leaves SB Products has shipping tape OVER the label.
Always has, for that very reason.
Brian

C-2
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
-- UPDATE --
Yup, the oil coolers just arrived. FREAKIN YEAH!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems UltraDennis - I hope it works out favorably for you too.
--------------
wsuwrhr
Got the trailer back, it's nice and red. I still have to do the bunks and get new tires, but getting close. :)
Thanks again for your help :)

uLtRADeNniS
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
-- UPDATE --
Yup, the oil coolers just arrived. FREAKIN YEAH!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems UltraDennis - I hope it works out favorably for you too.
--------------
wsuwrhr
Got the trailer back, it's nice and red. I still have to do the bunks and get new tires, but getting close. :)
Thanks. Im glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Tom Brown
06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I ordered Crutchfield Electronics last week. My order was $550. Well I only received $100 worth of products. I called them and they insisted it was in the package. They instructed me to call UPS and file a claim before they send a new one. So I called UPS and they are sending someone out to inspect my box. :confused:
UPS didnt understand why the package was only insured by Crutchfield for $200 if there was over $500 of electronics in there. Just doesnt make since. So I went to Circuit City over the weekend and bought the same head unit that was missing So I can get my install complete. So now Im out $800:(.
I dont know what to do but wait for UPS to come out and do their investigation.
...I know this didnt answer your question, but I had to vent too. :)
It's time to escallate with Crutchfield. Call and make sure you speak with someone who is above the front lines. They've got something going on in their shop they need to know about.

voodoomedman
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Glad it worked out for you. Next time send me the tracking # and I'll see what I can do to help. I can't promise anything other than doing everything in my power to help. Sometimes doesn't fix things but I have a little more authority than the peeps at the 800 number.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
wsuwrhr
Cool deal,
You are welcome
Post up some pictures.

C-2
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Glad it worked out for you. Next time send me the tracking # and I'll see what I can do to help. I can't promise anything other than doing everything in my power to help. Sometimes doesn't fix things but I have a little more authority than the peeps at the 800 number.
Thanks Voodoomedman - I appreciate your willigness to help. Thanks too for your donation to Desert Storm/Troops Now & Tomorrow - I still owe ya one. :)

voodoomedman
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks Voodoomedman - I appreciate your willigness to help. Thanks too for your donation to Desert Storm/Troops Now & Tomorrow - I still owe ya one. :)
No problem. And it's more like we owe our troops one. We have our freedom and our safe at home enjoying life and raising families because they give up these things to fight so that we may have it.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
No problem. And it's more like we owe our troops one. We have our freedom and our safe at home enjoying life and raising families because they give up these things to fight so that we may have it.
Well said sir.

voodoomedman
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Not to mention the fact that UPS doesn't actually pay claims. They'll pay $100. I have about $2500 worth of valid six year old claims that I'll never see a dime on.
Incorrect. Everything is automatically insured up to $100. If you want more insurance then you pay 55 cents per 100 dollars of value declared. The declared value claims are administered by Crawford. Whether or not they pay is a different story depending on the investigation..........
You are correct though about the losses. You have to determine if your business model determines if you need insurance. Personally if I had a high value shipment here or there I would insure but if I ship 20 packages a day that are worth one thousand dollars I would need to have a claim once every two weeks just to break even on what I'm paying for insurance. It's simple mathematics.

Xlration Marine
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Lost on another door step. These guys are jackoffs. Last tuesday my wife was leaving the house. She drives past our mail box (20 to a box). She is heading up the street and notices a package on another mail box, kinda looks like her meds. She stops to look at it and sure enough it's her perscription medication. Sitting on top of a mail box. What kind of IDIOT puts stuff on the top and at the wrong one. If a kid was to get ahold of those, and die. The chit would have hit the FAN. I did have UPS drop a big box at my house, I wheeled it down to the nieghbor.

uLtRADeNniS
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
It's time to escallate with Crutchfield. Call and make sure you speak with someone who is above the front lines. They've got something going on in their shop they need to know about.
I will call them and speak to a manager today.
Ups called and is picking up the empty box tomorrow.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I will call them and speak to a manager today.
Ups called and is picking up the empty box tomorrow.
Also check the shipping weight of the box you recieved. If the weight is under what it should have weighed with your "complete" order, you could mention that to Crutchfield.
Stereo or entertainment components are usually quite heavy, missing a couple items could very well add POUNDS to the package, otherwise as you well know, it is their word against yours.
Brian

uLtRADeNniS
06-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Just thought I would let you guys know that Cruthfield is shipping me my new head unit. They were very easy to deal with. They didn't try to hassle me one bit. I would recommend anyone to buy products from them.

sponger_2
06-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Just thought I would let you guys know that Cruthfield is shipping me my new head unit. They were very easy to deal with. They didn't try to hassle me one bit. I would recommend anyone to buy products from them.
i always order from them. good products and also since i work at UPS i get a nice discount!

voodoomedman
06-30-2007, 11:16 AM
That doesn't sound right. My wife get her prescription meds via FedEx and they have to be signed for by an adult. The FedEx guy will let my kid sign for stuff, but not the meds.
I'll have to check the actual regs but I think it depends on the medication. I get my mail order stuff obviously UPS and we don't have to sign but that is for vitamins and creams and stuff. I'm sure that Vicodin or something like that would have to be signed for. Regardless though if we don't know what's in the box then how can we determine that or not. It is up to the shipper to check the adult signature required box. Same as with wine. Now if we catch them following improper practices then we get to have a little talk and they face account suspension.

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 11:24 AM
That doesn't sound right. My wife get her prescription meds via FedEx and they have to be signed for by an adult. The FedEx guy will let my kid sign for stuff, but not the meds.
Ive got Vicodin from Kaiser, and I am sure they had to be singed for.

voodoomedman
06-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Ive got Vicodin from Kaiser, and I sure they had to be singed for.
And regardless, whether it was allowed to be driver released or not a mailbox is not the place to do so. Not only is it visible for everyone to see but mailboxes belong to the USPS not us. Driver release needs to be at a house out of sight out of weather. If the driver left it there he screwed up big time. Call the local center manager and talk to him. Actually do two things. Call the 800 # so corporate has record and it goes against the center's #'s and call the manager directly so the driver gets an a$$ chewing. We can't keep doing this crap. If you need the # then PM me so I can figure out what center delivers to you.

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
And regardless, whether it was allowed to be driver released or not a mailbox is not the place to do so. Not only is it visible for everyone to see but mailboxes belong to the USPS not us. Driver release needs to be at a house out of sight out of weather. If the driver left it there he screwed up big time. Call the local center manager and talk to him. Actually do two things. Call the 800 # so corporate has record and it goes against the center's #'s and call the manager directly so the driver gets an a$$ chewing. We can't keep doing this crap. If you need the # then PM me so I can figure out what center delivers to you.
Voodoo...What is the criteria for leaving a package on your porch? Does it depend on the value? Ive had some expensive stuff left, (Never had a problem with theft) on the porch.

voodoomedman
06-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Voodoo...What is the criteria for leaving a package on your porch? Does it depend on the value? Ive had some expensive stuff left, (Never had a problem with theft) on the porch.
Same stuff I just said basically. We don't know if it's something expensive in it. If it's some seriously high value stuff then they are supposed to let us know and it is handled accordingly. On the other hand even if it's not super expensive it depends on a few things. For instance, a dell box in that cow packaging. Obviously a computer you can see from the street so unless you have someplace to leave it out of sight and somewhat secure it stays on the truck.

Rexone
07-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Same stuff I just said basically. We don't know if it's something expensive in it. If it's some seriously high value stuff then they are supposed to let us know and it is handled accordingly. On the other hand even if it's not super expensive it depends on a few things. For instance, a dell box in that cow packaging. Obviously a computer you can see from the street so unless you have someplace to leave it out of sight and somewhat secure it stays on the truck.
So Gateway bought Dell. I hadn't heard. :D

voodoomedman
07-01-2007, 06:23 AM
So Gateway bought Dell. I hadn't heard. :D
No I was just checking to see if you'd catch that. :D