PDA

View Full Version : ClassicBoatBeachBash.com!

hack job
03-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Okay everyone, after almost 7 months, we finally got around to getting online! The event that started as a get together for classic glass is now an annual event with its own Website and everything! Does that mean that it will become a hoity toity event with champange and huge entry fees? HELL NO. What it means is you can now go to one place to get the latest information on the Classic Boat Beach Bash and register for this year's event.
Along with event info and online registration, you can also check out photos from last year, get directions to the event, check out our sponsors and even order Softlines mooring, anchor and bumper lines at direct prices.
We welcome you to come by, check out the site and hopefully register for the event. If you ask anyone who attended last year, I'm sure you'll find that they all have great stories and experiences to share. While the event is centered around classic boats typically under 21', we welcome anyone who wishes to hang out and enjoy a great weekend with other Colorado River boaters.
If you have any questions, or want to find out how to become an event sponsor, please feel free to email us at cbbbadmin@classicboatbeachbash.com
Hope to see you at the Avi in August!

hack job
03-07-2003, 10:02 AM
ok guys there is one more feature i have to tell you about i got the message board working now. so yet anther place to go chat
http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/forums

hack job
03-12-2003, 09:55 AM
ok so it seems that most fo you v-drive guys arent too intrested in some thing like thins, shoot me some reasons why? and maybe we can get some of you out to attend. we had two last year and would love more. and did i say thins would be the time to lay down some whoopings on some jets and i/o s wink :D

superdave013
03-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Tyson, you know if my boats done I'll bring it.

roostwear
03-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Promise them higher water and no PWCs. I'd love to see the water high enough first thing in the morning to get a good glass run in!

hack job
03-12-2003, 05:43 PM
roostwear:
Promise them higher water and no PWCs. I'd love to see the water high enough first thing in the morning to get a good glass run in! its better at the eve right be for the sun gose down on sunday and the water will be yours. i wish i could control water flows, but i can not do that i would say by 1-2pm the water is up high enough for most of the v-drive guys . wink

hack job
03-12-2003, 05:44 PM
superdave013:
Tyson, you know if my boats done I'll bring it. and dave iam counting on that! :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Most of the flattbottom/hydro owners that I know,(including myself) arent real fond of chewed-up weekend water! Im sure the majority of the guys attending are probably sportin v-bottom jets I.O.s and outboards (with a few flattys thrown in). Correct me if Im wrong! Other than that seems like a good time. :)

hack job
03-12-2003, 07:03 PM
last year we had two FLAT bottom v-drives out there. and no i/o's and mostly jets . this year we will have some more flat bottoms and jets i/o and a wacker. so far. i would like to see more flat bottoms turn out .

old rigger
03-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey Hacker,
we'll be there with the '65 Howard.

hack job
03-13-2003, 11:25 AM
can't wait , i look forward to seeing you guys out there. :D

superdave013
03-13-2003, 12:13 PM
hack job:
i would say by 1-2pm the water is up high enough for most of the v-drive guys . wink That my friend is the answer to your question. Most of the v drive events take place during the week at spots that you don't have to wait until 1-2pm to run.

GofastRacer
03-13-2003, 12:28 PM
1 to 2 PM, that sucks!.. :rolleyes:

roostwear
03-13-2003, 12:57 PM
It's not as bad as some make it sound. The worst time and place for a flat is between 11 to 2 within a mile of the lagoon. The lice are heavy then, eek! but they don't travel too far upriver. If you stay south of Riverbend and a mile or so north of the lagoon, it's good water.
Rich, I look forward to seeing ya there. We may have to organize a little float!

hack job
03-13-2003, 02:34 PM
you see, most of you guys make it sound way worse that it seems. you can drive all day you just got to get up and launch your boat before 10 so you can get south enough till the water comes up . its not that bad if you are a compatent driver you should be fine. oh well. :confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Hope you guys have a great time! :p