PDA

View Full Version : Speeding In Parker.

32sunrkt
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Need some Jurisdicational advise...
JUST PAY IT or DO THE TRAFFIC SCHOOL DEALIO... ??
- Does AZ report this to CA DMV ??
- Will I get that point in CA ??
** Gotta the ticket in parker... was speeding, so i guess i deserve it fair and square..Came accross teh brindge and BAM... got'me.... ( 50mph in a 35mph ).
LET ME KNOW....
- R :)

Mr. Crusader 83
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
If it was on indian land you only pay a $15-25 excesive fuel consumption charge. No points on your record.

CarBizIndio
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Fight the ticket and buy a radar detector.
http://www.speedtrap.org/ticket/index.html

RaceFace
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes, Arizona AND Nevada report to California. I learned that the hard way. :rolleyes:
Do the traffic school thing and save yourself from the insurance hike. It sucks but your wallet will be better off.

Cole Trickle
06-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Like stated if it was on Crit land by the Crit police I am pretty sure it is just a fine.
If it was Parker Police it will find it's way to the CA DMV and effect your Insurance rates.:)
I think you will qualify for online traffic school.(Eazy)

Boatcop
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Arizona reports to ALL other States. Not just CA and NV.
Take traffic school. It's erased off the AZ record, so there's nothing to report.
If it was on indian land you only pay a $15-25 excesive fuel consumption charge. No points on your record.
Don't know where this came from. There's no such provision.
If you get a ticket from CRIT Police, and you're cited into the Tribal Court (rather than City Municipal or County Justice Court) there is a fine only. No reports to the State or Insurance, and no suspended license if you blow it off. However, they will enter it as a valid civil debt, and send you to collections and ding your Credit Reports.
If CRIT cites you into City or County courts, then it's a CRIMINAL citation, meaning you must appear or otherwise take care of the ticket, or the court will suspend your license, issue an arrest warrant, AND ding your credit report.

IDRPSTF
06-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I drive that route 2 times per week. I NEVER speed through it. I tell friends driving to my house not to speed. I tell clients coming to the showroom not to speed. Well this past Thursday night I was driving a car back to the dealership and wasnt paying attention... you guessed it... the red and blue light disco lit up the back window. The officer explained he was running Drug Interdiction and just wanted to see my Lic and Reg to see if I was a known bad guy. He walks away and I realized I had dealer plates on the car.
"Step out of the car and up to the rail".
I couldnt help but to start laughing. I asked him if he ran the plate and gotthe name of the dealership. He couldnt keep a straigh face either.
What are the odds that the first car Drug Interdiction pulls over during the sting turns out to be the owner of SmugglersInc.????
The officer turned out to be a really nice guy and I could even hear people laughing over his radio.
DONT SPEED IN PARKER!!!

Riverdog1
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes, Arizona AND Nevada report to California. I learned that the hard way. :rolleyes:
Do the traffic school thing and save yourself from the insurance hike. It sucks but your wallet will be better off.
Just wondering then. I had a DUI in CA and when I moved here, my AZ license is clean.:confused:

Ziggy
06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
See the Po-Po sitting there all the time, just waiting(which never is long) for the next patient :D :D
25 is a bit slow going by the weigh station, and I have people climbing up the ass end off my truck but so be it, its a set speed for a reason. They really like to catch the peeps leaving AZ roaring down the slight hill past Parker Oils.

zudnic
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Both AZ and CA are members of the non-resident violator compact. Under this agreement both jurisdiction have agreed to the following:
non-resident violator compact say'sa) When issuing a citation for a traffic violation or infraction, a police officer shall issue the citation to a motorist who possesses a driver's license issued by a party jurisdiction and shall not, subject to the exceptions noted in paragraph (b) of this article, require the motorist to post collateral to secure appearance, if the officer receives the motorist's personal recognizance that he or she will comply with the terms of the citation.
(b) Personal recognizance is acceptable only if not prohibited by law. If mandatory appearance is required, it must take place immediately following issuance of the citation.
(c) Upon failure of a motorist to comply with the terms of a traffic citation, the appropriate official shall report the failure to comply to the licensing authority of the jurisdiction in which the traffic citation was issued. The report shall be made in accordance with procedures specified by the issuing jurisdiction and insofar as practical shall contain information as specified in the compact manual as minimum requirements for effective processing by the home jurisdiction.
(d) Upon receipt of the report, the licensing authority of the issuing jurisdiction shall transmit to the licensing authority in the home jurisdiction of the motorist the information in a form and content substantially conforming to the compact manual.
(e) The licensing authority of the issuing jurisdiction may not suspend the privilege of a motorist for whom a report has been transmitted.
(f) The licensing authority of the issuing jurisdiction shall not transmit a report on any violation if the date of transmission is more than six months after the date on which the traffic citation was issued.
(g) The licensing authority of the issuing jurisdiction shall not transmit a report on any violation where the date of issuance of the citation predates the most recent of the effective dates of entry for the two jurisdictions affected.
Article IV -- Procedure for Home Jurisdiction
(a) Upon receipt of a report of a failure to comply from the licensing authority of the issuing jurisdiction, the licensing authority of the home jurisdiction shall notify the motorist and initiate a suspension action, in accordance with the home jurisdiction's procedures, to suspend the motorist's driver's license until satisfactory evidence of compliance with the terms of the traffic citation has been furnished to the home jurisdiction licensing authority. Due process safeguards will be accorded.
(b) The licensing authority of the home jurisdiction shall maintain a record of actions taken and make reports to issuing jurisdictions as provided in the compact manual.
Article V -- Applicability of Other Laws
Except as expressly required by provisions of this compact, nothing contained herein shall be construed to affect the right of any party jurisdiction to apply any of its other laws relating to licenses to drive to any person or circumstance, or to invalidate or prevent any driver license agreement or other cooperative arrangement between a party jurisdiction and a nonparty jurisdiction.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm helping my Brother fight the department of licensing in Washington State, also a compact member. With my Brother I'm arguing that his home jurisdiction: "Provide for the fair and impartial treatment of traffic violators operating within party jurisdictions in recognition of the motorist's right of due process and the sovereign status of a party jurisdiction."
Washington creates a license for this state for non-residents and takes action against that license. So I'm arguing the sovereign status of my Bro's licensing jurisdiction and his right to due process against his "foreign" license is being denied.
Check with a lawyer they maybe able to help you and work this compact in your favor...... :idea:

Mr. Crusader 83
06-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Arizona reports to ALL other States. Not just CA and NV.
Take traffic school. It's erased off the AZ record, so there's nothing to report.
Don't know where this came from. There's no such provision.
If you get a ticket from CRIT Police, and you're cited into the Tribal Court (rather than City Municipal or County Justice Court) there is a fine only. No reports to the State or Insurance, and no suspended license if you blow it off. However, they will enter it as a valid civil debt, and send you to collections and ding your Credit Reports.
If CRIT cites you into City or County courts, then it's a CRIMINAL citation, meaning you must appear or otherwise take care of the ticket, or the court will suspend your license, issue an arrest warrant, AND ding your credit report.
I got pulled over by a CRIT Cop. (indian cop) and I was told that up to 15mph over the speed limit is a $15 excesive fuel consumption ticket. I got the bill in the mail. And sure as sh*t it was only $15.

Cole Trickle
06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I got pulled over by a CRIT Cop. (indian cop) and I was told that up to 15mph over the speed limit is a $15 excesive fuel consumption ticket. I got the bill in the mail. And sure as sh*t it was only $15.
How much is 50 over?:D;)

78DiMarco
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
All I can say is damn. I got a speeding ticket about two weeks ago from the local Parker PD. It was Saturday moring and he and a buddy were hiding on both ends of AZ 95 in Parker. One catching them one direction and the other going the other direction. I turned off of Califorina north towards the market and in a few seconds I had the lights and the siren going. I guess it was a bid deal as I was going 46 in a 35. The nice police officer even laughed at me when I said I noticed I was speeding a little late. I just paid it hoping it wouldn't make the CA DMV.... Oh well :mad:
I think Parker must need the money to pay for the steet inprovements...

zudnic
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
then it's a CRIMINAL citation, meaning you must appear or otherwise take care of the ticket, or the court will suspend your license, issue an arrest warrant, AND ding your credit report.
Under the non-resident violator compact AZ must:
(b) Personal recognizance is acceptable only if not prohibited by law. If mandatory appearance is required, it must take place immediately following issuance of the citation.
Short of it the Interstate Commerce Clause creates rights of non-residents secured by the Constitution. AZ pretty much has to follow the non-resident violator compact.
Arizona Revised Statutes http://www.azleg.gov/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?LinkType=doc&Title=28 Article 4 Nonresident Violator Compact
28-1871 Definitions
28-1872 Adoption of compact
28-1873 Documents; duties
28-1874 Compensation and expenses of administrator
Basic example: A california driver is convicted of reckless driving in Arizona. If California does not have a sim statute no action is taken.

Mr. Crusader 83
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
How much is 50 over?:D;)
More then I wanna know!!! :D

Boatcop
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Both AZ and CA are members of the non-resident violator compact.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm helping my Brother fight the department of licensing in Washington State, also a compact member. With my Brother I'm arguing that his home jurisdiction: "Provide for the fair and impartial treatment of traffic violators operating within party jurisdictions in recognition of the motorist's right of due process and the sovereign status of a party jurisdiction."
Washington creates a license for this state for non-residents and takes action against that license. So I'm arguing the sovereign status of my Bro's licensing jurisdiction and his right to due process against his "foreign" license is being denied.
Check with a lawyer they maybe able to help you and work this compact in your favor...... :idea:
Arizona does the same thing for what's called "Major Violations". These are things like FTAs, (Which suspends an out of state driver's privilege to drive in AZ) DUIs, Suspended License, no proof of insurance, racing on the highway, etc.
This is done, because there are different violations for 2nd or subsequent offenses.
We also record any OUIs on Driver's Records. This carries no additional penalty provisions, nor affects AZ drivers license "points", or insurance rates. It's only a place to record previous convictions, so we can retrieve the information if someone's caught OUI a 2nd or 3 time. A record is created for those who aren't licensed in AZ.

Havasu Carrera
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
\YEP/

RiverRatMike
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Need some Jurisdicational advise...
JUST PAY IT or DO THE TRAFFIC SCHOOL DEALIO... ??
- Does AZ report this to CA DMV ??
- Will I get that point in CA ??
** Gotta the ticket in parker... was speeding, so i guess i deserve it fair and square..Came accross teh brindge and BAM... got'me.... ( 50mph in a 35mph ).
LET ME KNOW....
- R :)
my radar detector saves me everytime through there

DILLIGAF
06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
We got pulled over Friday night coming back from River Rats bar. We were in Norms truck (the owner of the bar) Our driver did not have one drink but they still gave him a drunk test. We were in the car for about 20 minutes or so and it was hot. Come to find out our DD had an outstanding ticket for running a red light in Havasu 20 years ago :(. They gave him a notice to appear and we were on our way to Norm's house.
By the way...If you get a chance visit River Rats and if Norm is there tell him Tom sent you. He is going to start up a free shuttle service for his customers which is an excellant idea. All you have to do is tip the driver. Pretty good deal.

zudnic
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Arizona does the same thing for what's called "Major Violations". These are things like FTAs, (Which suspends an out of state driver's privilege to drive in AZ) DUIs, Suspended License, no proof of insurance, racing on the highway, etc.
For "major violations" the whole public safety the state does have a right to protect their citizens from dangerous driver's. Forget the case The United States Supreme Court ruled a driver's license as significant private property worthy of due process. "Major Violations" court cases are considered sufficient due process to take the "property".
Should point out my Brother's ticket he as a non-resident was excempt from the law he was cited for non-moving over weight. WA also has a law that technicaly non-residents cant fail to appear for court. The attorney general by law is appointed to represent non-residents for traffic citations. Kind of rubber stamping the expectation that non-residents are just passing through and will not return; this makes it sorta legal for non-resident to skip on court for non-criminal traffic offenses.
All but three states use the non-resident violator compact, so they all have pretty much the same laws. Their courts most likely will interrept those laws differently though.
In WA for my Brother's I'm allowd to represent him because it's a licensing review not court.. Found a state supreme court case where a guy moved to California and never re-instated his suspended Washington license. He got busted for driving while suspended while "visiting" WA with his "new" Cali license.
state supreme court said1] AUTOMOBILES - LICENSE AND REGULATION or OPERATORS - SUSPENSION OF LICENSE - APPLICATION. RCW 46.20.350, whiCh makes the operation of a motor vehicle upon the public highways by a person whose operator's license has been suspended, a gross misdemeanor, is applicable only to resident operators.
[2] SAME - NONRESIDENT OPERATORS - STATUTORY PROVISIONS-APPLICATION. RCW 46.20.080 grants a nonresident the privilege of operating a motor vehicle upon the highways of this state if he is over the age of sixteen years and has a valid operator's license issued in his home state, and there are no other requirements for the full exercise of this privilege by a nonresident.
[3] SAME - FORMER RESIDENTS. A nonresident who had in his possession a valid operator's license issued by his home state was entitled to operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of this state, notwithstanding that he was a former resident of this state, and that prior to moving from this state his Washington driver's license had been suspended and never reinstated, since RCW 46.20.350 was no longer applicable to him, and as long as he retained his nonresident status, there was no statutory duty to reinstate his resident license.
[4] STATUTES - CONSTRUCTION - STATUTES RELATING TO SAME SUBJECT. Statutes dealing with the same subject matter will, if possible, be construed so as to preserve the integrity of the statutes involved.