PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Tundra Engine Problems

FreshTracks
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Check it out.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/AUTO01/705310379/1148

pw_Tony
06-25-2007, 10:54 AM
They need to learn to leave the strong V8 stuff to the American Boys:devil: :devil: :devil: pieces of shiznat

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Doesn't say WHAT caused the failure though.
Interesting.
I guess the didn't copy the design good enough.
Brian

RitcheyRch
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Thought read where was only limited to ones built during a two month period. Either way is still a bunch of trucks.
Think they are having broken camshaft issues.
Doesn't say WHAT caused the failure though.
Interesting.
I guess the didn't copy the design good enough.
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Thought read where was only limited to ones built during a two month period. Either way is still a bunch of trucks.
Think they are having broken camshaft issues.
Wow, bummer. Sucks to be them.
Brian

RitcheyRch
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Definitely. Think they now have the bugs worked out and could be a very good truck. I love my 2002 Tundra and it tows my boat very good but partly because it doesnt weigh much.
Wow, bummer. Sucks to be them.
Brian

warlock
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Glad I don't own one of those POS! Serves 'em right for buyin' Jap Crap!:D

BajaMike
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
""It's really tough," said Karl Brauer, editor of Edmunds.com, an automotive research Web site. "Engine failure kills a car's ability to run and it's not a simple thing to fix.""
da....oh really......:confused:
""But the engine problem is more damaging and could slow the vehicle's brisk sales momentum.
Company spokesman Bill Kwong said Toyota realized in February that there was a problem with the camshafts delivered by a supplier for the 5.7-liter engine, and the automaker ordered the necessary changes to production.""
I think it's kinda ugly too......
http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20070531&Category=AUTO01&ArtNo=705310379&Ref=V2&Profile=1148Q=100&MaxW=500
:idea:

YeLLowBoaT
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I would not buy the 1st model year of any car/truck/ boat/ bike/ just about anything. I don't care who made it.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Looks like the Dodge.
http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20070531&Category=AUTO01&ArtNo=705310379&Ref=V2&Profile=1148Q=100&MaxW=500
:idea:

Stoneman
06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
At least Toyota will recall and fix the problem without the government making them do it.
Just had my Trundra (05) recalled for a possibly scratched balljoint that may cause steering noise in the future. Would GM,Ford, or Dodge do that? My guess is only if people we're getting killed.

RitcheyRch
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Had the same recall done on my '02 last year. While was there they noticed that my exhaust manifold were leaking and they also replaced those under the emissions warranty.
At least Toyota will recall and fix the problem without the government making them do it.
Just had my Trundra (05) recalled for a possibly scratched balljoint that may cause steering noise in the future. Would GM,Ford, or Dodge do that? My guess is only if people we're getting killed.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Possibly scratched?

Stoneman
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Possibly scratched?
yes, they found some scratched balljoints so they recalled them all. The recall was not to inspect and replace if needed, it was to replace it reguardless of condition.
if I was a big fan of the big three, I wouldn't bring up the recall subject.

AZJD
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I got one word. Three syllables..................
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/IMG_0541.jpg

centerhill condor
06-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I would not buy the 1st model year of any car/truck/ boat/ bike/ just about anything. I don't care who made it.
me neither!
these are American trucks with American suppliers. Toyota is already committed to not building any more new plants in the U.S.
Bet the QC guys are gonna get an ass chewin' on this one!

EXTRMBT
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
"Company spokesman Bill Kwong said Toyota realized in February that there was a problem with the camshafts delivered by a supplier for the 5.7-liter engine, and the automaker ordered the necessary changes to production."
The real question is
Who is the supplier?:confused:
Toyota's probably not going to throw them under the BUS.
Any guesses?:D

Riverdog1
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think GM has to worry about many recalls.:D

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Piece Of Shit???
Thats three right?:D
Crackin myself up!!!!:eek:

TAF
06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Glad I don't own one of those POS! Serves 'em right for buyin' Jap Crap!:D
the trucks were built in TX, probably w/ American made parts. So if they weren't bought American jobs would be lost.

Stoneman
06-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think GM has to worry about many recalls.:D
I want some of what your smoking! :confused:

warlock
06-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I want some of what your smoking! :confused:
Didn't realize there were so many Jap truck lovers on this board!!!
I want what yer smokin if ya bought one! :D

squirt'nmyload
06-25-2007, 12:47 PM
big ass bumper??? :D :D

warlock
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
:idea: Could this be why their Nascars are soooo painfully slow?? :D :D

dc96819
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
They learn by there mistakes,give them a few more years.
Like everything elese:D

Stoneman
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
:idea: Could this be why their Nascars are soooo painfully slow?? :D :D
If I recall correctly, Toyota NASCAR Trucks were pretty slow their first year.
How are they doing now? :confused:

dc96819
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
They learn by there mistakes,give them a few more years.
Like everything elese:D
I like GM only because of the endless mods that can be done.

warlock
06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Again...Maybe this is why only one or two Toyota's qualify each Nascar race...And then don't finish...Thanks GOD they don't put 'em in boats..:eek:

warlock
06-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Guess they shoulda stuck with Nastrucks or whatever they are called...:D

YeLLowBoaT
06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Other then some cosmetic stuff and the name slaped on the side of the truck... tell me what is stock about a NASCAR truck( or car)...

warlock
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Other then some cosmetic stuff and the name slaped on the side of the truck... tell me what is stock about a NASCAR truck( or car)...
Well I'll tell ya!!!! Ahhhh....:idea: Ummmm....:idea: I know the answer just give me a minute......Ahhhh......Nothin'! :D

YeLLowBoaT
06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Well I'll tell ya!!!! Ahhhh....:idea: Ummmm....:idea: I know the answer just give me a minute......Ahhhh......Nothin'! :D
exactly... so what every the fook happens on some roundy round track means nothing when you go drive that car( or truck) off the lot.

warlock
06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
exactly... so what every the fook happens on some roundy round track means nothing when you go drive that car( or truck) off the lot.
Thank You Captain Obvious! :rolleyes: Your right...not only do their truck v-8's suck so do their Nascar v-8's.. And they have nothin' ta' do with each other... :D

squirt'nmyload
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
tell me what is stock about a NASCAR truck( or car)...
ain't nothin stock about a stock car :D :D " I'm going to give you an engine low to the ground. An extra-big oil pan that'll cut the wind underneath you. That'll give you 20 more horsepower. I'll give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'll shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. When I get you primed, painted and weighed. ...you're going to be ready to go out on that racetrack.
You're going to be perfect."

Stoneman
06-25-2007, 02:51 PM
This is nothing but a waste of time. They're sheep, that's all blind sheep.

laveycrafter
06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
My post from awhile back......
Those Onstar people and myself were on a first name basis after my 5th Allison tranny went out. Truck ended up being lemon-ed. Turns out it was built the day after superbowl by a hungover monkey. So many more problems, but not enough give a shitzu to write about it, but the Onstar worked every time! Made my move to the dark side and am Rolling a TUNDRA! No onstar, but at least the trans wont go out every 3k miles!
I went to GM after my Ford Powerstroke, and to Ford from Dodge, So far the Toyota is the best built truck I have owned!
:D Oh did I mention that I pulled a guys Chevy out of the water at Catail a couple of weeks ago, no 4wd with a big Eliminator, bed filled with water, and truck wouldnt move, good thing that Japanese POS thats built in Indiana was there to save the day!:D

pw_Tony
06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
My post from awhile back......
Those Onstar people and myself were on a first name basis after my 5th Allison tranny went out. Truck ended up being lemon-ed. Turns out it was built the day after superbowl by a hungover monkey. So many more problems, but not enough give a shitzu to write about it, but the Onstar worked every time! Made my move to the dark side and am Rolling a TUNDRA! No onstar, but at least the trans wont go out every 3k miles!
I went to GM after my Ford Powerstroke, and to Ford from Dodge, So far the Toyota is the best built truck I have owned!
:D Oh did I mention that I pulled a guys Chevy out of the water at Catail a couple of weeks ago, no 4wd with a big Eliminator, bed filled with water, and truck wouldnt move, good thing that Japanese POS thats built in Indiana was there to save the day!:D
You're saying how reliable Toyota's are in a thread that's about how much of a piece of shiznat there engines are?:devil: :devil:
p.s. just givin yah shit:D :D

Xlration Marine
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
"It's really tough," said Karl Brauer, editor of Edmunds.com, an automotive research Web site. "Engine failure kills a car's ability to run and it's not a simple thing to fix."
Wow, this guy is smart. I love him in the gieco comercials. I would have never thought to look under the hood and see if the belts were spinning around, cuz thats how you know if the motor is running, right. Yup he's right if the engine fails the truck won't run. WOW, how did I make it through grade school without knowing this.
"Engine failure kills a car's ability to run and it's not a simple thing to fix."
Karl for Presedent, Karl for pesedent!! WOW!!!!