PDA

View Full Version : Why bother with any further incarceration?

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM
You HAVE to see the picture of this retard.....
Link to story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/ap_on_re_us/medical_center_shooting)
SALT LAKE CITY - An inmate with tattoos covering his face and head stole gun from a corrections officer and shot him to death Monday when the prisoner was unshackled for a doctor's appointment, authorities said.
Curtis Allgier fled the University of Utah medical center on foot, carjacked a Ford Explorer and was captured miles away at an Arby's restaurant after a high-speed chase.
Allgier, who has a swastika and the words "skin head" tattooed on his forehead, was in an examination room at the campus orthopedic center around 7:45 a.m., university Police Chief Scott Folsom said.
"There was some sort of altercation. The inmate got hold of the weapon and shot the officer," he said.
Stephen Anderson, 60, a 22-year-veteran, was shot in the head, authorities said.
"This is one of the risks in the job we perform for the community," said Tom Patterson, director of the Utah Department of Corrections. "Unfortunately the risk sometimes is our very lives."
Police stopped Allgier's vehicle by placing spikes in the road near the Arby's.
Inside the restaurant, at least one person was "struck with some object" but was able to walk out, bloodied around the head, Salt Lake City police Sgt. Rich Brede said.
Allgier, 27, was not armed when he was captured inside the manager's office, Brede said.
The Utah Department of Corrections routinely transports prisoners to the university for medical appointments. Allgier was unshackled in a room for an MRI, said Tresha Kramer, spokeswoman for the orthopedic center.
Allgier had lower back pain and was taken to the orthopedic center for an MRI. The procedure requires an officer to replace metal restraints with a plastic "flex cuff," Patterson said.
"We do not know exactly what happened" in the room, Patterson said.
Allgier was in prison on a parole violation. His criminal record includes burglary, forgery and at least one weapons crime, according to records.
Police arrived at the Arby's just as Shirley Smiley, 57, was outside after breakfast with her husband and son. She didn't see Allgier but heard a "popping noise" inside that was a gunshot.
Police yelled "get down!" and the three of them dropped to the ground in the parking lot, Smiley said.
The university serves as a regional medical center for Utah and has two hospitals and other facilities, including the orthopedic center.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:54 AM
A 60 year old man....why?
I hope a policy changes soon, with no shackes, the guy didn't have a chance.
How unfortunate.
Should have shot that POS dead, sentence served.
Brian

SurfOnH20
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
What an unfortunate story. It shows you if you let your guard done for a minute this can happen. With the looks of this POS why didn't they have a least two officers present instead of one 60 yeat old man ?

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
What an unfortunate story. It shows you if you let your guard done for a minute this can happen. With the looks of this POS why didn't they have a least two officers present instead of one 60 yeat old man ?
That is what I was thinking.

YeLLowBoaT
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
wait I though if you had a bunch of tattos you could not have a MRI...

Fire Angler
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Nice! :rolleyes:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070625/capt.203a0c9964974f438160a5a352364147.aptopix_medi cal_center_shooting_slc101.jpg

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I would have shot him in the face....

ratso
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Why is this douchebag still alive? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

OGShocker
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Why is this douchebag still alive? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif
He'll have hero status back inside.:mad:

CarBizIndio
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Its shocking what people will do for an arbys melt.

Tom Brown
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I would have shot him in the face....
I'm sure that would improve his aesthetic.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Its shocking what people will do for an arbys melt.
You can't be serious.

Flyinbowtie
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Any history of violence would have netted him a two-man transport team in my dept.
Many medical facilities ask for minimal restraints during examinations, and some refuse to provide treatment to handcuffed or restrained, "patients". I've gone round and round with lots of hospital administrators helping them understand that "hospital rules" do not supercede state law. It is difficult for some of them to understand those concepts until/unless they've been spit on or otherwise assaulted by an arrestee.
A tragic shame for the officer's family, and it is unfortunate that the murderer didn't provide an opportunity for the application of deadly force by the officers during his re-capture.

Ziggy
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
WTH!!????? I want a refund on my taxes. He's got nice glasses. What happened to the standard issue Drew Carry black framed glasses???

CarBizIndio
06-25-2007, 11:49 AM
You can't be serious.
Well I've heard they were to die for but this situation puts a whole new spin on that expression, I've personally never really cared for them.

uvindex
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
The same worthless maggot was featured on the Smoking Gun in November 2006...
http://web1.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1103061allgier1.jpg

Run_em_Hard
06-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Wow, some peoples children:eek:
What would posess you to make yourself look like that and act like that? Death Penalty here we come:idea:

CarBizIndio
06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, some peoples children:eek:
What would posess you to make yourself look like that and act like that? Death Penalty here we come:idea:
Family history and drugs I bet.

superdave013
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I watched a show on the History channel about these guys just last night. Some mean dudes.

sea2lake
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
notice the F.U.N. on his chin,. Put him in a yard with the brotha's and see what happens.
No offense...

yopengo
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
notice the F.U.N. on his chin,. Put him in a yard with the brotha's and see what happens.
No offense...
Jooks like he is already Jolene's biatch.