PDA

View Full Version : Oh Baby! Lakers in trade talks to get KG...

AirtimeLavey
06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
It's official...... that they're talking about a 3 to 4 team deal to get KG. Hate to say anything and jinx it, but you can't help feeling hyped about the real possiblity. I'm a Kobe fan, but the love is starting fade with all his talk. Let's get KG in here, and move on. If Kobe leaves later, I'm good w/KG. :D

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
:confused: :confused: Where did you get this info from ??????

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
more like losing odom bynum and brown with a poss pick but there has to be 3 teams involved for this happen no way a striaght across trade.

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Any move that brings KG to LA will likely include Kobe.
I don't think KG would want to come to LA then.

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
more like losing odom bynum and brown with a poss pick but there has to be 3 teams involved for this happen no way a striaght across trade.
It is suppose to be a 4 team trade.

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
havent seen one of them type of trades in a few years.

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I would think that minny wouldnt do a trade in western conf you could end up shooting yourself in the foot

jdogginla
06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Kobe is a bitch.......nuff said
Go Clipps!

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
If Minnesota won't take Marion and a pick or pick and player from the Suns, why in the world would they take Odom and Bynum and a pick?
I thought Kobe said he would never play another game for the Lakers?
Odom and Bynums contrac are longer and Marion said he would opt out next year if traded. Anyway, the suppose trade rumor is
Lakers send LO, Bynum, 19th pick + filler to Indy
Indy sends O'neal to the Celtics
Celtics send out the 5th pick, Jefferson, Ratliff and filler to Minny
Minny sends KG and Hudson to LA.
There is also money involved and like I said, filler which means other low salary/short contract players.
The last time a 4 team deal was done, was when the Lakers got Horace Grant from Seattle.

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:36 PM
GO CLIPPS :D :D :D :D :D Yeah good luck on that!!

riverratrob
06-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Odom and Bynums contrac are longer and Marion said he would opt out next year if traded. Anyway, the suppose trade rumor is
Lakers send LO, Bynum, 19th pick + filler to Indy
Indy sends O'neal to the Celtics
Celtics send out the 5th pick, Jefferson, Ratliff and filler to Minny
Minny sends KG and Hudson to LA.
There is also money involved and like I said, filler which means other low salary/short contract players.
The last time a 4 team deal was done, was when the Lakers got Horace Grant from Seattle.KG and HUDSON sounds like a deal to me

AirtimeLavey
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
:confused: :confused: Where did you get this info from ??????
Here. :D
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers26jun26,1,6107504.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

STLRFAN
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
The last I heard KG wanted to play for the Suns...
But I would love to see him play with Kobe......

AirtimeLavey
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Kobe and KG are buds, and KG already has a place in Malibu. :D I don't think Lakers will trade Kobe, so if the KG thing doesn't go down, it'll be interesting to see how Kobe responds in Oct. Geez, I hate the off season. At least Clipper fan can watch the Sparks and not really miss anything.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers26jun26,1,6107504.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
Kobe met with the Lakers FO on Friday, supposedly to start smoothing things over.
The Lakers have said they will not trade Kobe.

AirtimeLavey
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
The last I heard KG wanted to play for the Suns...
But I would love to see him play with Kobe......
Yep, I heard that, too.

AZJD
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
The trade talk here in Phoenix is, Marion, Banks and Kurt Thomas to Minn. for KG. I am not sure KG is a fit here. Not that I wouldn't want his abilities, where Marion came up short thsi season during playoffs. I just don't think you can have 3 superstars on one team.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Yep, I heard that, too.
He actually said "a warmer climate", which leaves things wide open.
Who knows what will happen, I JUST WISH SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN!
If the Lakers get KG, and can muster up a PG, they are going to make a serious run.

AZJD
06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Minn already said they would only trade KG to Phoenix for Stoudamire. Are you Phoenix's version of DMonsta? Let's see, Thomas, Boris Diaw, the Phoenix Gorilla and the 29th pick for KG. :D
Nope, I don't make excuses. :eek:

UltraStealth
06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
They said that in the talks, Buss was willing to work out a contract extension for Garnett. This is what Garnett is looking for.

STLRFAN
06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Lakers, Wolves reportedly in talks regarding Garnett
ESPN.com news services
Updated: June 25, 2007, 5:37 PM ET
If the Lakers are trying to get Kobe Bryant to change his mind about leaving, they're off to a good start.
Garnett
The Los Angeles Times cited league sources on Monday saying that the Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves are in discussions that could bring Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles.
Trade discussions have involved the Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and possibly a fourth team. The report says that the Lakers would get Garnett, while the Pacers would land Los Angeles forward Lamar Odom and center Andrew Bynum. The Wolves would likely acquire a lottery pick and young players. Another team would also have to be involved to make the deal work financially.
Sources told ESPN and ESPN.com that the fourth team at this point is the Celtics, who would get Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers.
Wolves hungry?
The Timberwolves will have to get enough in return to make this deal work, ESPN Insider's Chad Ford writes. He offers some possible scenarios. Blog
According to the Times, Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Wolves owner Glen Taylor spoke on the phone for about 20 minutes on Friday. Buss then suggested that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale carry on the discussions on Monday.
Bryant has repeatedly asked for a trade over the past month, saying that he doesn't feel that the Lakers are trying hard enough to improve. After losing in the NBA Finals four years ago, the Lakers missed the playoffs in 2004-05 and were out of the postseason in the first round the past two years.
Garnett has never publicly requested a trade despite the fact that the Wolves have struggled to remain competitive in recent years. Minnesota finished with a 32-50 record last season. The Wolves haven't been to the playoffs since 2004.
With Garnett able to opt out of his contract after next season, the time might be right for the Wolves to pull the trigger on a deal. McHale said last week that he has not been actively shopping his star, but that was a bit of a departure from previous statements in which he said he would not trade Garnett.
The 12-year veteran is owed $22 million next season and $23 million in 2008-09, the final year of his contract. He has requested an extension and the Times is reporting that Buss has told Taylor he would be willing to do that.
Garnett averaged 22.4 points, 12.8 rebounds and 4.1 assists last season. He is a 10-time All-Star.
Bynum's name has come up often in any trade talks concerning the Lakers recently. He averaged 7.8 points and 5.9 rebounds last season but is only 19 years old and 7 feet tall.
Odom averaged 15.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season, but he did miss 26 games because of injuries. He has shoulder surgery in May but is expected to return for next season.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I noticed Bresnahan updated the article. A 4-team trade is highly unlikely as if all four GM’s don’t agree, nothing happens. However, I don’t see this happening - L.A. overpays for KG and Minny gets a nice little package - but is it better than the #5 in the draft and fillers? Hmmmm… Don’t like this one too much:
L.A. Times: The Times first reported the talks as a multi-player negotiation involving the Lakers, Minnesota, Indiana and possibly a fourth team. Sources now say the Lakers are dealing directly with Minnesota and disagree about the involvement of the Pacers and a fourth team.
The Lakers are reportedly offering the Timberwolves Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown for Garnett.
DO IT MITCH! :) you pussy.

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
The trade talk here in Phoenix is, Marion, Banks and Kurt Thomas to Minn. for KG. I am not sure KG is a fit here. Not that I wouldn't want his abilities, where Marion came up short thsi season during playoffs. I just don't think you can have 3 superstars on one team.
Why not? The Lakers did it in the 60's (and early 70s) and the 80's. But KG added to Nash would only give the Suns 2 anyways..;)

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
If I am Minnesota I would straight up laugh at that offer. Banks? :) and Kurt Thomas? and a sketchy Marion?
or.
Odom, Young Bynum and Brown.

totenhosen
06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
If I am Minnesota I would straight up laugh at that offer. Banks? :) and Kurt Thomas? and a sketchy Marion?
or.
But the key is that Kurt Thomas and Banks I believe have soon to be expiring contracts so that allows the Wolves to go after free agents.
Either way it looks like Minny is getting boned.

bignet
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
It's official...... that they're talking about a 3 to 4 team deal to get KG. Hate to say anything and jinx it, but you can't help feeling hyped about the real possiblity. I'm a Kobe fan, but the love is starting fade with all his talk. Let's get KG in here, and move on. If Kobe leaves later, I'm good w/KG. :D
Not one to stir the pot, but it is all over the internet and ESPN....God I hope this goes through! Bring on the KG/ Kobi Era! Do I hear at least 3 championships? :idea:
:devil:
bignet

acatitude
06-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I think Laker fans are delusional. I don't see the addition by subtraction of this trade. The Lakers are going to trade their, admittedly, not great 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players and get another clear out offensive player? He's not a banger, don't even dare compare his to Shaq. He's a terrific weak side defender and rebounder and a great away from the basket scorer. He's not a banger and he's not an inside presence. He's a 2" taller version of Lamar Odom. Good luck.
Gotta agree with swb on this one. garnett doesnt improve your defense when you minus what the lakers are losing, and he likes to play outside as oppossed to a banger. now yu have a second guy making big bucks and wanting the ball. wonder how long KG will like watching Kobe take 45 shots a game...:D

bignet
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I think Laker fans are delusional. I don't see the addition by subtraction of this trade. The Lakers are going to trade their, admittedly, not great 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players and get another clear out offensive player? He's not a banger, don't even dare compare his to Shaq. He's a terrific weak side defender and rebounder and a great away from the basket scorer. He's not a banger and he's not an inside presence. He's a 2" taller version of Lamar Odom. Good luck.
I agree with you, but you've got to admit that a player like KG demands so much respect offensively that it would allow Kobi to, pretty much, carve up any defense thrown at him. He was doing that without a go to guy. And please don't compare Odom to KG as a "Go-to-guy". I liked Odom, but he is NO KG. He is not a banger, but I beg to differ he is a really crafty player and has some how found a way to be a consecutive all-star player. He's kinda good I think. :D

GAME TIME
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM
It is going to be a fun week until draft day. Make it happen Lakers!!!

acatitude
06-25-2007, 05:01 PM
regardless of the outcome if im the lakers and can sign KG to a longer contract I think you gotta do it.. At least you bring excitement back and wont lose Jack as a fan, lol.... and you can always find a few fill in bangers.... guess waltons scoring ave shrinks as he wont ever touch the ball less he gets a rebound and goes end to end............:D
and there goes the triangle offense...

bignet
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I love KG, I just don't think he's a good fit with the Lakers. His best seasons were with Sam Cassell, which tells me that he excels in a point guard based offense. I just don't see a team with him and Kobe taking turns running the clear out as being productive. Maybe I'm wrong.
U obviously know your BBall. As a fan, I'm just looking for anything. I also think that if this trade doesn't happen, maybe dishing Kobe is the right thing to do? :idea: We'll see.
bignet

acatitude
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I think the fan frenzy that a signing would create is what they're hoping for. It's basically either Garnett or Paris Hilton. :D
well if they got Paris... theres the banger they need so to speak;)

AZJD
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Why not? The Lakers did it in the 60's (and early 70s) and the 80's. But KG added to Nash would only give the Suns 2 anyways..;)
First off let me throw Amare in to super star status. The guy is brutal when he goes to the rim. Lets remember he has had 3 great seasons already and has succesfully come back from a serious injury.
Rookie of the year out of highschool, aswell as sophmore of the year.
He has run up a few points along the way aswell.
You also cannot compare this sport, or any other to the sports teams of the past. The players are different. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the all mighty dollar dictates player attitudes, and KOBE has proven ego rules..........
Nash makes players great. KG is a great player, I just personally believe he will bring too much ego to the team. Ego creates laziness. (Lakers a few years ago)

AZJD
06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
or.
You just came up with the second most rediculous post of this thread.
Marion is better than ODOM, Bynum and Young! The guy had how many double doubles? Marion choked in the playoffs.....PLAIN and SIMPLE, however he did show up all season long, and should be credited with attributing to the great season the Suns had.
Banks is a starting point guard on alot NBA teams. Hasn't been given the chance to play.
Kurt Thomas is a solid defensive player off the bench with ability to start or fill the center spot with his ability to hang with big guys.
I would take proven players over the injured reserve any day.

AZJD
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Very unfair. KG is probably the least egotistical guy making $25m/year in the entire world.
So who gets the ball then? Who plays in the paint? I am asking because I don't know, but is KG effective with a fade away? I am not sure another power forward is the answer for the suns. I think they need another 3pt shooter to pull the defense out of the lane and free up Amare.
Nash can put the ball anywhere he wants, and we know the Suns have a great back up PG in Barbosa when Nash is being doubled and trapped. I think we need a good perimeter threat, or a player like Ginobli who can hit from anywhere.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I like the little bit of hate in this thread. :)
KG and Kobe on the same team would NOT be easy to defend.
You have to double team both of them, since each of them could punish any team.
The Lakers would not stop at KG. The Cook/Vujacic for Head/Wells trade is still on the table + Jerry Buss has said he is not afraid to pay the luxury tax and spinkle some of that poker money into the Lakers to get back to contention. I think the Lakers have struggled enough and the haters have had their fun with them, now it is time to get back to contending.:devil:

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:34 PM
and there goes the triangle offense...
Not necessarily, the triangle has been missing a big man who can pass on the inside and hit the open jumper. That and a PG that can play strong D and hit the 3, that is key.

AZJD
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Not necessarily, the triangle has been missing a big man who can pass on the inside and hit the open jumper. That and a PG that can play strong D and hit the 3, that is key.
You guys can have banks!:devil:

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
You just came up with the second most rediculous post of this thread.
Marion is better than ODOM, Bynum and Young! The guy had how many double doubles? Marion choked in the playoffs.....PLAIN and SIMPLE, however he did show up all season long, and should be credited with attributing to the great season the Suns had.
Banks is a starting point guard on alot NBA teams. Hasn't been given the chance to play.
Kurt Thomas is a solid defensive player off the bench with ability to start or fill the center spot with his ability to hang with big guys.
I would take proven players over the injured reserve any day.
I think Odom and Marion are pretty close. The problem Odom has is he cannot seem to work together with Kobe, their styles conflict. Odom was starting to do very well in Miami, before he was traded.
Then comes Banks, who has not proven anything yet, is over payed, signed until 2011 at 4mill per year. He is a contender for Smush Parker. :D
Kurt Thomas is old and makes 8 million per year! and is a good center off the bench.
Kevin McHale has said he wants young talent.
I bet any team in the league right now would take Bynum over Thomas and not just because of salaries. ;)
I know phoenix is trying to get a better draft pick, but they have said they DO NOT want to pay the luxury tax, which is why they need to get rid of Stoudamire or Marion in the first place, KG would hurt their payroll.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
You guys can have banks!:devil:
haha, I KNOW phoenix wants to lose him...bad. I somehow get the feeling they signed him to steal him from the Lakers (who were interested in him), what a mistake that was. You have to give phoenix credit for all of their other players, BUT Banks...I am curious to see what Kerr does with the team now.:jawdrop:

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
The triangle really only works if you pass. KG and Kobe are both a little black holeish. ;)
Kobe is a great passer, it just does not show up in the stats cause his teammates cant shoot that ball! :D Either that, or they are in shock that he actually passed it. ;)

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
If only they gave assists for passing into the basket. ;)
Chauncey Billups is now officially available. Maybe you should redo your lineup, I hear he has a house in LA.
If I was in charge...
Trade Kobe for B. Wallace, K. Hinrich and B. Gordon.
Trade Odom and Bynum for K. Garnett.
2007/2008 World Champion Los Angeles Lakers
B. Gordon
K. Hinrich
L. Walton
K. Garnett
B. Wallace
:D

acatitude
06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
If I was in charge...
Trade Kobe for B. Wallace, K. Hinrich and B. Gordon.
Trade Odom and Bynum for K. Garnett.
2007/2008 World Champion Los Angeles Lakers
B. Gordon
K. Hinrich
L. Walton
K. Garnett
B. Wallace
you playin fantasie BB?... ok ill trade bibby for billups and miller and shariff for kg and artest for b wallace lmao yea im sure all the gms would love to trade with you...
and I dont see any hate here.. I just see facts but then its Don again doing the stirring lol

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Boston supposedly backed out of the deal, so don't get your hopes up yet Laker fans.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
you playin fantasie BB?... ok ill trade bibby for billups and miller and shariff for kg and artest for b wallace lmao yea im sure all the gms would love to trade with you...
and I dont see any hate here.. I just see facts but then its Don again doing the stirring lol
How is that fantasy? haha. The Bulls said that is who they were going to offer for Kobe.
The KG for Odom/Bynum is in the works now! :)

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I rather the Lakers trade for O'neal with out giving up Odom like it has been rumored between Indy and LA. I much rather have KB, LO and O'neal than just have KB and KG.

Old Texan
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
How is that fantasy? haha. The Bulls said that is who they were going to offer for Kobe.
The KG for Odom/Bynum is in the works now! :)
I believe you are quite misguided as to thinking a lot of teams want Kobe. Plus your trade scenarios are so pro Lakers you'd need to find some reallllllyyyy dimwit GM's to pull most of them off. :D
Kobe ain't going anywhere, he just needs some attention. $.02;)
Of course I'd like to see Kupchak and McHale go 1 on 1 to decide the players to throw into a deal. Talk about "flying elbows" from 2 no jumping ugly white guys.......ooooowwww!!!!! A pauchy Lurch vs. Fred Munster type thing....:devil:

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
That would be a much more potent lineup, but could they get O'Neal without giving up Odom, moneywise?
Yes they could, it was a package around Brown, Bynum the 19th pick and filler because Indy also wants cap space, but then they changed there mind and wanted LO instead of Brown.

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
I honestly don't see this trade happening. Kevin McHale absolutely hates Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers more than life itself. There has been bad blood between McHale and Kupchak for 15 years.
Yeah, Mchale hates the Lakers, he screwed the Lakers before with the Tom Gugliata deal. Glenn Taylor has supposedly ordered Mchale to make it work though, so who knows. I still prefer the O'neal, LO and KB line up better.

Old Texan
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I honestly don't see this trade happening. Kevin McHale absolutely hates Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers more than life itself. There has been bad blood between McHale and Kupchak for 15 years.
McHale is lucky to have a job. He's done some pretty bad moves to disarm what was once a pretty decent team. He's about as inept as Isiah Thomas in my opinion.
I can't help but feel Garnett's a little "slow" and it's caused him not to ask for a trade and kinda just be stuck there. I just don't see MN getting better and WHY would Kobe want to play there????? Makes no sense and I absolutely agree about McHale not sending KG to LA, at least the Lakers. If he trades KG it's to an East Conference team but who knows, Kevin isn't exactly a logical thinker.

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey, did you see the latest mock with the Clips getting Julian Wright at 14? He would be a steal at 14. I'm high on Nick Young, but Wright would be a bonus at 14 because I've seen mocks with him as high as 9.
Yes, I have seen that, I like Nick Young and he would be a good pickup. Now they just have to look for a point guard.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
JB from Celticsstuff Live (a very prestigious Celtics podcast) has just reported (via Eric Pincus) that this is a done deal. Garnett to LA, for Odom, Bynum, and another contract to make the numbers work.
Whats next Mitch? There is still the Cook/Vujacic for Head/Wells deal. And he needs to get back to work on Brown for Artest.
Mitch Kupcake said this is the busiest the phones have been since he took over as GM, it is unbelievably crazy right now.

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
JB from Celticsstuff Live (a very prestigious Celtics podcast) has just reported (via Eric Pincus) that this is a done deal. Garnett to LA, for Odom, Bynum, and another contract to make the numbers work.
Whats next Mitch? There is still the Cook/Vujacic for Head/Wells deal. And he needs to get back to work on Brown for Artest.
Mitch Kupcake said this is the busiest the phones have been since he took over as GM, it is unbelievably crazy right now.
I will believe it when it is in the front page of ESPN or some other credible media site. Sorry Don, nothing againts you, I have just seen trades fall apart minutes before signing.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I will believe it when it is in the front page of ESPN or some other credible media site. Sorry Don, nothing againts you, I have just seen trades fall apart minutes before signing.
I am with you on that one. IE: B. Davis, R. Artest, J. Kidd...
I am just reporting what I read. :)

Jyruiz
06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I am with you on that one. IE: B. Davis, R. Artest, J. Kidd...
I am just reporting what I read. :)
I hear you bro, lets hope something comes out of it soon.

dmontzsta
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mgNGTzwc6Vg&mode=related&search=
You have to love KG, he has that same 100 percent attitude, just like Kobe...Kobe hates when people do not give it their all.

Old Texan
06-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Kevin Garnett fashions himself the ultimate team player/superstar. He's never asked for a trade, never held out, never pulled any of that superstar BS. As for him being a little "slow", I've never heard that about him. Seems like a really solid guy, never been in trouble, works hard every night, never missed more than 6 games in a season.
I'm not questioning his integrity or work ethic. He's a top of the line true star. Just curious why he doesn't seem to "crave" a winning support cast. Guess it taints one's view listening to the rest of the stars who voice their "lack of support" from management to produce rhetoric.

a catered life
06-26-2007, 06:29 AM
He actually said "a warmer climate", which leaves things wide open.
Who knows what will happen, I JUST WISH SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN!
If the Lakers get KG, and can muster up a PG, they are going to make a serious run.
agreed:D

King on the River
06-26-2007, 06:36 AM
I saw Jerry Buss on Sunday in Vegas (at WSOP) and he said that they were 60/40 in favor of getting rid of Kobe. Straight from the horses mouth!

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 06:57 AM
I saw Jerry Buss on Sunday in Vegas (at WSOP) and he said that they were 60/40 in favor of getting rid of Kobe. Straight from the horses mouth!
Thats funny, some guy on another site said he asked Jerry Buss the same exact thing at WSOP and Jerry told him "No way, we have Kobe problems, but those will be fixed, but we will never trade Kobe".

King on the River
06-26-2007, 07:01 AM
He was standing right next to our table watching the 50k horse event and some people at out table saw him and started saying "Dump Kobe" he turns around and a guy says "Get rid of Kobe, he's just a cancer if he doesnt want to be here" thats when the Dr. said its prob 60/40.

Jyruiz
06-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Heard on ESPN radio this morning that KG was trying to talk to KB to see if he was going to stay in LA. If KB stays, KG is a done deal.

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Heard on ESPN radio this morning that KG was trying to talk to KB to see if he was going to stay in LA. If KB stays, KG is a done deal.
Yup, KG must know all about the deal and just wants that final seal.

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 07:23 AM
He was standing right next to our table watching the 50k horse event and some people at out table saw him and started saying "Dump Kobe" he turns around and a guy says "Get rid of Kobe, he's just a cancer if he doesnt want to be here" thats when the Dr. said its prob 60/40.
Its just funny cause another guy said he spoke directly to Buss. IMO: why would Buss talk to anyone about it? he has not even commented to the papers? it is unprofessional to talk to a bunch of Vegas drunks at a poker tournament. Maybe he was telling someone to order his drink and told them use a 60/40 mix? lol.

a catered life
06-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I saw Smush Parker at band camp and he said "no way."
LMAO

a catered life
06-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Its just funny cause another guy said he spoke directly to Buss. IMO: why would Buss talk to anyone about it? he has not even commented to the papers? it is unprofessional to talk to a bunch of Vegas drunks at a poker tournament. Maybe he was telling someone to order his drink and told them use a 60/40 mix? lol.
lol 60/40 mix

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I honestly hope you guys get him. Then we can all sit around and laugh when they win 45 games and get bounced from the playoffs in the first round. You can't build a team with a bunch of superstars. Ask the US Olympic basketball teams.
Or the Lakers who had a half washed up all star line up with Payton, Malone, O'Neal and Bryant. :D
How can you predict? It is all about waiting and seeing what happens. You cannot double team both of them. Right now teams shut down Kobe and they win.

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
First off let me throw Amare in to super star status. The guy is brutal when he goes to the rim. Lets remember he has had 3 great seasons already and has succesfully come back from a serious injury.
Rookie of the year out of highschool, aswell as sophmore of the year.
He has run up a few points along the way aswell.
You also cannot compare this sport, or any other to the sports teams of the past. The players are different. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the all mighty dollar dictates player attitudes, and KOBE has proven ego rules..........
Nash makes players great. KG is a great player, I just personally believe he will bring too much ego to the team. Ego creates laziness. (Lakers a few years ago)
You simply have a lower threshold for "superstardom than I have"..I'm not saying he could never be one, but he does not curretly play well enough for me to call him that. But who knows?? He might improve, but he has a ways to go before I would call him a superstar, esp in this age of weak centers.

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
You can play zone defense in the NBA now. You defend them like you'd defend a college team with two star perimeter players and nothing else. They're going to win games, just not playoff games.
Look, teams found a way to defend Pippen and Jordan, and when they did, the other guys would beat you. The Lakers don't have those other guys. As their roster would stand now, it would be 5 on 3 for the other team on defense. You don't think NBA coaches can devise a game plan to play you 5 on 3?
There is always going to be a way to beat someone, that is what makes the game. There is never going to be a team that wins 82 games. I was listening to ESPN radio and they made a good point. If you have Kobe and KG you have the biggest one-two punch in the game today. All you have to do is add players around them and Free Agents are going to want to sign with you, because you have Kobe and KG.
We will see how it goes, I dont get my hopes up anymore. :)

AirtimeLavey
06-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I honestly hope you guys get him. Then we can all sit around and laugh when they win 45 games and get bounced from the playoffs in the first round. You can't build a team with a bunch of superstars. Ask the US Olympic basketball teams.
Lol...true of the recent USA teams, but when it's KB & KG, you've got two hard workers. His work ethic alone (KG"S) will be a refreshing boost to the Lakers. It's a dynamic change that will definitely make the team significantly better.
They made the playoffs this year, so saying they'll just be a playoff team again, I think is an understatement. There's still some holes to fill though, such as pg and center. Hopefully, Mihm will be back, but he's been away for so long, he will take a while to develop back to form.
For me, it would be nice to see guys with heart out there, that want to win and play with some consistency. :D

AirtimeLavey
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
There is always going to be a way to beat someone, that is what makes the game. There is never going to be a team that wins 82 games. I was listening to ESPN radio and they made a good point. If you have Kobe and KG you have the biggest one-two punch in the game today. All you have to do is add players around them and Free Agents are going to want to sign with you, because you have Kobe and KG.
We will see how it goes, I dont get my hopes up anymore. :)
This is why the whole potential deal is so exciting. If Mitch (& Buss) can pull this off, he goes from zero to hero. Otherwise, he's the guy that got rid of Shaq and Kobe. :eek:

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm not questioning his integrity or work ethic. He's a top of the line true star. Just curious why he doesn't seem to "crave" a winning support cast. Guess it taints one's view listening to the rest of the stars who voice their "lack of support" from management to produce rhetoric.
Perhaps he just has enough class (or sense) to realize that is the GMs job. Plus, there is no way for him to publicly express such feelings (or cravings) without insulting his teamates and screwing up any positive working relationship he has with them.

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
ESPN Radio just reported that KG and KB have been talking and KB told KG if he lands in LA he is staying 100%. The kicker? Apparently Buss told KG that he would sign Chauncey Billups? no matter how far in the luxury tax he goes.
Hopefully Buss isnt going off the deep end here...

Tige' 24v
06-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I have heard all the rumors as well about KG and that might happen. But the Lakers can not sign Chauncey because he will be asking for 18 plus million a year. The Lakers are already over the cap that means if they sign a player that is not on there team they can only offer him the league average which is like 6 million for the NBA. I highly doubt that he will take 10 plus million a year less to come play for the Lakers.

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you.
He wouldn't take his already crappy contract to play for his own team. Wait, I'm sure Don will be reporting that the Lakers are close to sign and trades with Duncan and TMac too.
There gonna be soooo good next year!!!!
Clips don't stand a chance with that line up;):D

Tige' 24v
06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Thank you.
He wouldn't take his already crappy contract to play for his own team. Wait, I'm sure Don will be reporting that the Lakers are close to sign and trades with Duncan and TMac too.
I would love to see it as I am a Laker fan but I would rather live in reality then fantasy:)

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 01:02 PM
You can play zone defense in the NBA now. You defend them like you'd defend a college team with two star perimeter players and nothing else. They're going to win games, just not playoff games.
Look, teams found a way to defend Pippen and Jordan, and when they did, the other guys would beat you. The Lakers don't have those other guys. As their roster would stand now, it would be 5 on 3 for the other team on defense. You don't think NBA coaches can devise a game plan to play you 5 on 3?
This is true..... for those few teams that still bother to play any defense, like Detroit, Cleveland, Utah, and S.A.;)

Old Texan
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you.
Next he will have them trading Walton to Portland for the rights to Oden and Smushy P to Seattle for Durant......Poor guy's keyboard is gonna short out from all the salivating for the new "Laker Dream Team".:D :D :D :D :devil:

Old Texan
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Garnett, a 10-time All-Star, has told the Wolves that he wants to play for a warm weather team that has a legitimate chance to win the championship.
So much for the Lakers. :D

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I just got back in, been away all day trying to stay up on things.
I get most of my info from the Lakers forums (I let them do the leg work). ;)
I am off to read all of the sites now, looks like the trade has been tabled? Lakers better offer something else, maybe a Mitch Kupchek BJ? to K. McHale? If KG goes to the suns, he will be done in 2-3 years, with all sorts of problems, big men do not like to run much, which is why Phoenix doesnt really have many.

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I was just reading all the different sites, funny how everyone has a different opinion or "rumor". I can say at this point, it is just frustrating, SOMETHING needs to have, some move. I am with Kobe in the fact I have no faith in Kupcake, what has he done? traded Butler for Kwame? who got boned on that one? Traded Shaq for Grant, Odom and Bulter? another boning. Sure he has two championships under his belt, but that is riding the end of the Jerry West wave. If Mitch does not make something happen, I feel the Lakers are going to be in serious trouble! I am always a fan, but I see where Kobe is coming from now.
I am off to eat some ice cream, enough of this shit for now, sick of trying to play catch up only to not see anything solid, rumors here and there...

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I just got back in, been away all day trying to stay up on things.
If KG goes to the suns, he will be done in 2-3 years, with all sorts of problems, big men do not like to run much, which is why Phoenix doesnt really have many.
Hmm, I guess if the 1980s Lakers wern't the best running team in NBA history, Kareem would have played until he was 60..;)
Now before you fire up the flame throwers I do know, that as a center, Kareem didn't have to run as fast or quite as much as the other guys. But it sure was fun to watch when he did.:D :D

Old Texan
06-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Hmm, I guess if the 1980s Lakers wern't the best running team in NBA history, Kareem would have played until he was 60..;)
Now before you fire up the flame throwers I do know, that as a center, Kareem didn't have to run as fast or quite as much as the other guys. But it sure was fun to watch when he did.:D :D
Odd how on the list of best teams in NBA history (ESPN), the Magic/Kareem and Wilt/West teams are listed in the top 10 but not the Shaq/Kobe teams.
I saw all 3 teams and ESPN has it right. There were a lot of running big men back then.......Wilt was the fastest player in the NBA, NCAA track and field certified:D

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 07:02 AM
LA Times is reporting the Lakers have went back to grinding on O'Neal. Larry Bird has also confirmed talks. The Lakers are trying to work the deal without giving up Odom and Bynum at the same time.

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 07:32 AM
LA Times is reporting the Lakers have went back to grinding on O'Neal. Larry Bird has also confirmed talks. The Lakers are trying to work the deal without giving up Odom and Bynum at the same time.
Good, I hope they try to get JO with out giving up LO. An LO, JO, KB combo would be better than a KG, KB combo IMHO.
Damn, it seem like I am texting with all those abbreviations.:D

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Good, I hope they try to get JO with out giving up LO. An LO, JO, KB combo would be better than a KG, KB combo IMHO.
Damn, it seem like I am texting with all those abbreviations.:D
I completely agree with you (again, damn it is weird). :)
LO and JO would be a the biggest rebounding duo in the NBA.
Unfortunately, I think Indiana really wants Odom, although hopefully his contract would scare them away.
I was also just reading about the Lakers working on a last minute deal with Atlanta for their #5 pick. I think they are doing this cause the Suns are working on the KG deal too. Although, some site I was just on said the suns are going to have to throw out Stoudamire to the T-Wolves to get it done and Marion would have to go to Boston for their pick.

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 07:52 AM
I completely agree with you (again, damn it is weird). :)
LO and JO would be a the biggest rebounding duo in the NBA.
Unfortunately, I think Indiana really wants Odom, although hopefully his contract would scare them away.
I was also just reading about the Lakers working on a last minute deal with Atlanta for their #5 pick. I think they are doing this cause the Suns are working on the KG deal too. Although, some site I was just on said the suns are going to have to throw out Stoudamire to the T-Wolves to get it done and Marion would have to go to Boston for their pick.
Yeah, I have read about all that, but Atlanta does not have the #5 pick, the Celtics do, ATL has the #3 pick.

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Odd how on the list of best teams in NBA history (ESPN), the Magic/Kareem and Wilt/West teams are listed in the top 10 but not the Shaq/Kobe teams.
I saw all 3 teams and ESPN has it right. There were a lot of running big men back then.......Wilt was the fastest player in the NBA, NCAA track and field certified:D
Wilt was and still is the fastest man over 7 ft ever. He was also very strong as well. His HS and College marks are still pretty good marks today.
As a HS runner he ran the 440 in 49.0 and the 880 in well under 2 min. He also was a very good triple jumper (the most explosive event in all of sports), a 3 time college conf champ in the high jump, and a 57 ft shot putter. If not for the pole vault he could have been a world class decathelete.
I remember seeing him walking around with his camera at the Mt Sac Relays every year while I was running track. He used to say that basketball was what he did for a living, vollyball was what he played for recreation, but track and field was his passion and the only sport he was a fan of. He said that track and field was the only sport that he ever had or ever would pay to watch

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I have read about all that, but Atlanta does not have the #5 pick, the Celtics do, ATL has the #3 pick.
#3 my bad. :)
Here is what I was JUST reading from LakersGround, some of it is from ESPN. Sounds like a battle between the Suns and Lakers. This is like a huge card game really...
Some reports say Marion is now ok with going to Boston and signing an extention, other reports say that Boston is not interested in Marion and will not include Jefferson while Minny says if AL isn't in, Boston is out....
So with Boston not interested in JO and Marrion (after they both said they are not interested in Boston) we are left with Phoenix ready to use Amare as a last resort to get KG but are trying to move up (Atlanta, Charlotte, Bucks) using Marrion.....
Lakers should be contacting those very same teams offering Odom to move up....
BOTTOM LINE: Lakers and Suns are trying to move up but Phoenix holds the trump card with Amare.... I call their bluff......they won't trade a 24 year Amare for a 31 KG and then assume the financial burden of resigning KG when they have made it clear that they don't want to pay serious luxury tax....
Plus: if they do get KG for Amare, they will dump Marrion for picks and expirings to minimize their cap HELL!! so it will be KG & Nash not KG, Nash and Marrion and not KG, Nash and Amare.....
Would it be a big improvement? who knows...

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 08:09 AM
You need to stop reading the homer forums and getting your hopes up. You are not getting O'Neal without Odom in the deal. Indiana could get much better value elsewhere. Come to grips that the Lakers don't have anybody that anybody wants besides Kobe and maybe Odom.
You have good points about O'Neal, but nobody is offering anything better than the Lakers for him. Bynum has been regarded as going #3 if he was in this years draft, Brown would be in the deal because Indy also wants cap relief and Brown gives them that, Indy also does not have a pick in the 1st round and is looking to get one which the Lakers would send theirs.
Now all of this does not mean it will happen, but teams are just not lining up and making offers for O'Neal like they are for KG.

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 08:10 AM
You need to stop reading the homer forums and getting your hopes up. You are not getting O'Neal without Odom in the deal. Indiana could get much better value elsewhere. Come to grips that the Lakers don't have anybody that anybody wants besides Kobe and maybe Odom.
Bynum and Farmar have a lot of future value. A lot of teams want Bynum.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 08:10 AM
You need to stop making assumptions of me. I have not got my hopes up on anything, this is Mitch Kupchek we are working with you.
The Lakers do have pieces other teams are interested in, or else there would not be talks.
BTW: Where are your clippers? :D I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday and they were jabbing the shit out of them. Saying nobody cares about them and would rather see a Lakers team that is burning. lol

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah, the Clippers will end up with Julian Wright or Nick Young and I'll be just fine with either. The Clippers underachieved last year due to injuries, yet were in the playoff hunt until the last day of the season. They'll be back this year.
Injuries? haha, is that an excuse? :) Cause I was hammered for using that on the Lakers and come to think of it, the Lakers were hit with the injury bug FAR FAR FAR worse than the clippers.:devil:

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, far worse? Did the Lakers lose both their point guards for 130 games?
If you want to combine games, then did the clippers lose their starting line up for OVER 200 games? ;)

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 08:51 AM
The Clippers only lost Clippers, but the Lakers lost members of the team with the most Conf championships and the second most NBA championships in NBA history.:D :D :D :D ;)

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't get it. :confused:
If you are a Clipper fan you most likley never will..:D :D :D ;)
Pay no attention, I'm just engaging in some silly a$$ fan shi# here.:)

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Probably. But, the Lakers starting five is not as good as the Clipper's starting five, so the Lakers had the extra pieces in place to run five guys just as good as long as they had Kobe.
I dont know how you come to that conclusion, since the Lakers were without their core for most of the season and still came out with a better record and a spot in the playoffs. :)

Old Texan
06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Why would any team have more than marginal interest in Jermaine O'Neal???? He's on the downside of a mediocre career and isn't exactly a model citizen. He's no one to build a future on at this point.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Why would any team have more than marginal interest in Jermaine O'Neal???? He's on the downside of a mediocre career and isn't exactly a model citizen. He's no one to build a future on at this point.
Who else would you trade for? that is available? Can you think of any other available players that can help?

acatitude
06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Who else would you trade for? that is available? Can you think of any other available players that can help?
sure artest miller and bibby for kobe. now you have a real team and kObe likes the hamburgers made in sac lol

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't think JO is on a decline, he is only 28 years old and has played a lot less games than Kobe and KG. Plus, the Lakers are not looking to build a team around him, they are looking to get Kobe some help. But the Lakers only bring in JO if LO stays.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 10:12 AM
sure artest miller and bibby for kobe. now you have a real team and kObe likes the hamburgers made in sac lol
Best trade ever, Mitch should jump all over this. Oh yeah, he should drive Kobe up to Sacramento too. Oh god how I would love Miller and his contract! :)

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 10:24 AM
If you are looking to make a trade simply for the sake of making a trade he wouldn't hurt. But I don't see him hepling much either. The lakers have lots of slightly above avg big men. A really good one like KG would help a lot, but J O'Neal does not seem to be enough of an upgrade to be worth what it would take ot get him...

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
If you are looking to make a trade simply for the sake of making a trade he wouldn't hurt. But I don't see him hepling much either. The lakers have lots of slightly above avg big men. A really good one like KG would help a lot, but J O'Neal does not seem to be enough of an upgrade to be worth what it would take ot get him...
Thats why it is only worth getting JO if we are able to keep LO, otherwise, keep our current roster and trade Kobe and start rebuilding. This of course if the Lakers are unable to get KG.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Thats why it is only worth getting JO if we are able to keep LO, otherwise, keep our current roster and trade Kobe and start rebuilding. This of course if the Lakers are unable to get KG.
+1 Give Kobe to Chicago so he can try and out-do Jordan on his own team. Bring in Ben Wallace, Ben Gordon and Filler.

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
+1 Give Kobe to Chicago so he can try and out-do Jordan on his own team. Bring in Ben Wallace, Ben Gordon and Filler.
If Minn is demanding so much for KG, Kobe would bring in a lot more. Chicago would have to throw in more than that and the Lakers would not want to take on that horrible contract Wallace has. Now Wallace is on the decline and is overpaid for being one dimensional IMHO.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Addressing the KG buzz
And we go 'round and 'round.
Arizona Central
Quote:
The latest Kevin Garnett rumors have come full cycle to repeat the original rumor of Boston being in a three-way deal. Now, Atlanta comes up in reports.
One thing has not changed. Sources closely tied to the situation on multiple fronts have all said that Phoenix is not willing to part with Amare Stoudemire, a 24-year-old, first team All-NBA player with quite a playoff pedigree thus far.
In fact, one source said Minnesota does not want Stoudemire. If teams try to make the deal work with Shawn Marion instead, Minnesota and Atlanta would each squash that because neither team wants Marion. Boston would like him but he does not want to go there unless they dangled an extension before him but his 2008-09 number is already at $17.8 million. How much would an extension take?
As far as the possibility of Atlanta, there is the Stoudemire-Johnson dynamic to consider as well. Those two denied any rift but Stoudemire's blow-up at Johnson in Miami back in 2005 irked JJ, who would have to give up his status as the franchise player in Atlanta if Stoudemire arrived. How would Atlanta and Minnesota react if they heard Stoudemire did not want to go to either team? Stoudemire called the talk "nonsense" last time I saw him.
And let's not forget the mountainous contract of Garnett, paying him $22 million this season and $23 million in 2008-09 if he does not take his option to terminate it early. Plus, a trade kicker could make his salary $28.5 million this season unless he waives a portion, which he can only do if it makes the trade work. There may be language in the contract that can keep the kicker spread over two years if a deal is done prior to July 1.
Bottom line: the Suns' biggest deal tomorrow may be sending Kurt Thomas somewhere to cut down the payroll.
What will Minni do now? go back to the Lakers and realize their deal isnt half that bad? of maybe have the Lakers get involved in a three team trade with Atlanta, sending Odom for their #3 pick and Bynum/Brown + #3 to Minni? after all, that is what they wanted was young talent. Bynum is a hot prospect, you can do damage with the #3 pick and drop $10 mill off your cap next year when Browns contract is up. The Lakers could also clear up some cap space to sign a few vets.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't get it. It's not like the Suns are a lottery team. They made it to the WCF. There one of the elite teams come next year without KG. Why make a dramatic change? Is this Steve Kerr's little man complex coming in and trying to do big things? Or is it the suns jealousy and hate for the Lakers that they are afraid of what the Lakers can do with KG?
I don't think Steve Kerr is this stupid. Trading away the future of your franchise for a minimal upgrade at best? Yes, KG will be a minimal upgrade at best. Better defense, but I think Amare is better suited on offense for Phoenix's style of play. In the end it's pretty much a crapshoot and certainly not worth mortgaging your future for.
Let's look at this rationally, none of these Phoenix deals are making the least bit of sense. Over on some of the Suns' forums they are talking about burning down buildings if Amare gets traded.

acatitude
06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
kinda agree with ya Don. Im not sure i give up amare for KG ...guess they are going for broke the next 3 years before starting over. the suns have a great team w/o KG

Jyruiz
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
kinda agree with ya Don. Im not sure i give up amare for KG ...guess they are going for broke the next 3 years before starting over. the suns have a great team w/o KG
Cause the Suns just want to cockblock. No way would I give up Amare either, plus, it has been the Suns plans to cut salaries so they don't pay the tax, bringing in KG would put them even more over the cap unless they gave up Marion and Amare at the same time.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Some are saying Kerr might work on this deal all the way up til the last minute, then pull out of it. Making any picks the Lakers might try to lure Minni with useless.
I have a feeling no trades will get done and the draft will go down with the teams holding their picks steady.
This really makes me dislike the suns even more, if this is true. I am already not a big fan cause of their poor attitudes towards their competitors.

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I've got a nutty idea. How about the Lakers draft the best young player they can, replace Smush with the best player that money alone can buy, get their team healthy, have Bynum improve as much this year as he did last year, let them get used to playing together to improve their offense a bit, and TEACH THEM TO PLAY SOME D!!!
If the Lakers could do that they would be a contender.
The Suns would be nuts to change their roster. All they need to do is play defense all season long (so they can adjust to playing D without losing there focus on offense) instead of waiting until the playoffs to suddenly start to try and play any and they will get that ring.
I've said it before and I'll say it again last year's regular season Suns had the best offense and the worst defense I have seen since Alex English was on the Nuggets. That will get them a lot of wins in the regular season in todays no-defense playing league. Put when they get to the playoffs they will get beat by the teams that are used to playing both O and D all year long (like S.A.)...

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
From a rumor site:
It is believed that Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor issued a mandate before he left for his honeymoon this week, which was to move Kevin Garnett.
If the rumored three-team deal with the Suns and Hawks falls through, don't expect the Wolves to sit tight on KG. It's become clear that the Wolves are ready to lose the centerpiece of the franchise and start over, so it sounds very doubtful that KG will play another game for the team. The only problem is that his contract is so big that moving him is easier said than done.
Ric Bucher ESPN News:
ESPN News talks to Bucher again...
Bucher: Has heard two different versions of the 3 way deal. 3rd & 11th to Minny or 3rd & Shelden Williams to Minny. His gut is that KG will be playing for the Suns. It's where he wants to go and they have interest. He's been told they will be willing to move Amare under the right conditions. KG would have to waive his trade kicker. As of right now, it's not nearly as done as people around the league are talking about it.
Suns have also been talking to a couple of teams about getting into the top 10 in the draft.
Another rumor: JO to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom. Lakers haven't signed off, according to the Pacers.
If Hawks keep the 3rd, it's Yi or Horford.
Fox 9 News:
The Suns are doing everything in their power to hold on to Stoudemire. They are trying to keep him as part of the deal.
It's amazing how this deal was pronounced done a few hours ago, and now it seems to be slowly unraveling.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
I've got a nutty idea. How about the Lakers draft the best young player they can, replace Smush with the best player that money alone can buy, get their team healthy, have Bynum improve as much this year as he did last year, let them get used to playing together to improve their offense a bit, and TEACH THEM TO PLAY SOME D!!!
The Suns would be nuts to change their roster. All they need to do is play defense all season long (so they can adjust to playing D without losing there focus on offense) instead of waiting until the playoffs and they will get that ring.
That sounds good to me and they can get a MLE replacement for Smush, no problem. The only problem? Kobe is crying and wants changes. Everyone forgets what this team did early on without injuries, they are not too far off.
It has been reported several times that Andrew Bynum has been training at Lakers headquarters every single day and they say next year could be huge for him. It is tough, if Minni turns him down, it could prove to be a huge mistake, the kid is only going to be 20! and played no college ball. It took Kobe and LeBron a few years to come around, but look at him now. Bird is no fool, that is why he wants Bynum and Odom who is a triple double a night potentially.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Jermaine O'Neal's agent reported the JO will opt out of his contract after this coming season, regardless of what team he is playing for.
This is a big risk for the Lakers if so, but it might free up $15-$20 million in cap after one year of having him, the could also let him explore the market and realize he is not going to get paid the same and them pay him a lower amount, especially if he is comfortable in LA.
The bad thing is Bynum and Odom would still be gone.

AirtimeLavey
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
The Suns would be nuts to change their roster. All they need to do is play defense all season long (so they can adjust to playing D without losing there focus on offense) instead of waiting until the playoffs to suddenly start to try and play any and they will get that ring.
I've said it before and I'll say it again last year's regular season Suns had the best offense and the worst defense I have seen since Alex English was on the Nuggets. That will get them a lot of wins in the regular season in todays no-defense playing league. Put when they get to the playoffs they will get beat by the teams that are used to playing both O and D all year long (like S.A.)...
Yep, except for the Kobe tude. Otherwise, if PJ could instill some heart into these guys and get more consistency, then they did have a grreat start this past season. Mihm should be back and who knows, maybe after they heal, Odom & Kwame may show some flashes of their potential.
That sounds good to me and they can get a MLE replacement for Smush, no problem. The only problem? Kobe is crying and wants changes. Everyone forgets what this team did early on without injuries, they are not too far off.
It has been reported several times that Andrew Bynum has been training at Lakers headquarters every single day and they say next year could be huge for him. It is tough, if Minni turns him down, it could prove to be a huge mistake, the kid is only going to be 20! and played no college ball. It took Kobe and LeBron a few years to come around, but look at him now. Bird is no fool, that is why he wants Bynum and Odom who is a triple double a night potentially.
I agree.
Jermaine O'Neal's agent reported the JO will opt out of his contract after this coming season, regardless of what team he is playing for.
This is a big risk for the Lakers if so, but it might free up $15-$20 million in cap after one year of having him, the could also let him explore the market and realize he is not going to get paid the same and them pay him a lower amount, especially if he is comfortable in LA.
The bad thing is Bynum and Odom would still be gone.
I'm not as convinced the JO will be a huge improvement, since he's been star.....only in the East.
I'm ready for this shiat to be over. Watch, it will go down like most of the time.....a lot of talk, no action. Kobe's tude is what stresses everyone out at this point. I would hate to see him go, but how much of his shiat can Buss take. Hope we get some real answers tomorrow.

DILLIGAF
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Ho Hum!

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 05:27 PM
ESPN's Jim Gray has contacted the Suns front office. They have officially told him the KG to Suns trade is off of their radar and they have no plans to trade Amare.

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
The Lakers reportedly are going beyond U.S. borders in their search for a new backcourt starter.
With Smush Parker out the door and Farmar having played only one NBA season, the Lakers have offered a multi-year contract to 30-year-old guard Theodoros Papaloukas, according to Eleftheros Tipos, a newspaper in Greece. The report said Papaloukas had confirmed the offer and was pondering it among a handful from NBA teams. Lakers officials declined to comment.
Papaloukas, a Greek native who is listed at 6 feet 7, was the Euroleague player of the year last season with CSKA Moscow, and is widely thought to be the best point guard in Europe.
He signed a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow in June 2006, a contract that could require a substantial buy-out price. The Lakers probably would have to use most or all of their mid-level exception — five years and about $30 million — to sign him. The mid-level exception is given to teams that are over the salary cap and can be divvied up to sign more than one free agent.
Papaloukas had 12 assists to lead Greece to an upset of the U.S. in the semifinals of the 2006 world championships. He had 10 points and nine assists for CSKA Moscow in a 94-75 exhibition victory over the Clippers last October, an effort that prompted Clippers forward Elton Brand to tell the Associated Press that he "definitely [had] flashbacks of Papaloukas," from the U.S. semifinal loss.

dmontzsta
06-28-2007, 09:10 AM
The Heat have also made a run at him, to which he said he really wasn't interested. He's a good passer and a below average shooter. And, he's 30. Seems like a stretch to me.
I dont know much about him, but I know they are weak at the PG and need a good passer.
PacersDigest is reporting the Lakers completed the deal with the Rockets.
Luther Head & #26 for Brian Cook & #19
If this is true, I REALLY REALLY like this deal, cause Cook cannot play defense and his contract is bad. Head offers an immediate starting PG who can hit the open jumper.

eliminatedsprinter
06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I would absolutly ignore Kobe's attitude. He is locked in by his contract for the time being. Kobe is like a big kid. If the Lakers get this guy from Greece, Bynum improves again this year, they stay healthy, and play some better D they will win enough games to make him happy and shut him up.:idea:
P.S. I would only trade to get J.O. if it was for the purpose of using him as part of a deal to get K.G. or someone really good. He is definatly not worth L.O. and Bynum or even Bynum alone for that matter.
P.P.S. The one exception I would make in my ignoring of Kobe's attitude, would be if I was Phil Jackson and if Kobe brought it to the court in either practice or games. Then I would send him to the showers just like I would any other player.

Old Texan
06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I dont know much about him, but I know they are weak at the PG and need a good passer.
PacersDigest is reporting the Lakers completed the deal with the Rockets.
Luther Head & #26 for Brian Cook & #19
If this is true, I REALLY REALLY like this deal, cause Cook cannot play defense and his contract is bad. Head offers an immediate starting PG who can hit the open jumper.
You apparently didn't see the Luther Head that played for the Rockets in this year's playoffs. That Luther Head couldn't start in the CBA. Can you spell
A I R B A L L?

dmontzsta
06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
You apparently didn't see the Luther Head that played for the Rockets in this year's playoffs. That Luther Head couldn't start in the CBA. Can you spell
A I R B A L L?
No, I did not see him in the playoffs. But wasn't that his rookie year? I don't think many rookies break out in the playoffs their first year.
I see he averages 11 points, 3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1 steal, shoots 44% from the floor, in 28 minutes, seems better than Smush Parker and this guy is in his rookie season. :) Also looks like he already had a 30 point game in his first year, 11 assists one game and 4 steals in another.
BTW: If the trade is for real and the Rockets want Cook for Head? If you are the Lakers you take Head and run to the hills with him before they realize who they have. :D

Old Texan
06-29-2007, 05:03 AM
No, I did not see him in the playoffs. But wasn't that his rookie year? I don't think many rookies break out in the playoffs their first year.
I see he averages 11 points, 3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1 steal, shoots 44% from the floor, in 28 minutes, seems better than Smush Parker and this guy is in his rookie season. :) Also looks like he already had a 30 point game in his first year, 11 assists one game and 4 steals in another.
BTW: If the trade is for real and the Rockets want Cook for Head? If you are the Lakers you take Head and run to the hills with him before they realize who they have. :D
He's 2nd year and shot 6-23 from 3 point land against Utah. Completely disappeared in the playoffs. He's decent off the bench in regular season, but I can't see him ever being a starting PG.
The trade would be irrelevant to the big picture for either team. Far bigger concerns need to be addressed than 2 role players.

acatitude
06-29-2007, 05:31 AM
dont you guys ever sleep:D

Old Texan
06-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Wasn't he a 2 at Illinois? He couldn't even play point in college.
Correct. He's deadly shooting on the backside with no one in his face. Never be a point guard.

dmontzsta
06-30-2007, 10:05 AM
The Lakers turned down an offer for Shawn Marion for Lamar Odom this week. :)
http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_30.4051b40.html
I dont blame the Lakers, they are basically the same player except LO's passing is MUCH better than Marions. The suns know that too, which is probably whey they tried to steal him away.
How did you know the suns were going to do that? do you know Kerr personally? why wouldnt the just shit Marion there? why go jumping through hoops.

dmontzsta
06-30-2007, 02:06 PM
The deal was a 2 for 1 for Marion, not straight up. Odom was then going to be repackaged, with a pick, by the Suns for a draft choice to either Boston or Atlanta.
Odom is not better than Marion. Marion is a better shooter and scorer and a much better defender in a smaller, faster, more athletic package. You'll say anything to make yourself feel better about the Lakers. ;)
Stats don't lie.

cc322
06-30-2007, 02:15 PM
The days are over when all players wanted to be a Celtic or a Laker

dmontzsta
06-30-2007, 03:29 PM
The days are over when all players wanted to be a Celtic or a Laker
celtics, yes. Lakers, no. All of the young players coming in say they want to play for the Lakers.

dmontzsta
07-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Lakers reached an agreement with Luke Walton. Mitch Kupchek called Walton and his agent one minute after midnite, which is the soonest free agents could be contacted. The deal is 6 years and $30mill. Which is not overpaying and well deserved for Luke, he is a great team player.

dmontzsta
07-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow, did they overpay.
$5 mill per year? not really, he earned it and showed they need him. He has a great inside jumper he has really improved on and we all know he looks for his teammates. :)

AZJD
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
$5 mill per year? not really, he earned it and showed they need him. He has a great inside jumper he has really improved on and we all know he looks for his teammates. :)
Let's call it like it really is..... Luke is the only player that can run the triangle effectively on that team.

dmontzsta
07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Let's call it like it really is..... Luke is the only player that can run the triangle effectively on that team.
This is true, he knows the triangle. :) Luke plays smart, which is what most players lack, he has great court vision. I just read that it is only 4 million per year. Also, if you guys remember he led the league in 3 point percentage for the first quarter of the year, but fell off with his injury. If you go to 82games.com and compare him with other small forwards, his stats are some of the top in the league. The Lakers went on a huge losing streak without him, then started winning once he game back, I forget the numbers of wins and losses with him missing, but it was huge.
Lakers are said to of offered their MLE to Steve Blake.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers2jul02,1,7649675.story?track=rss

AZJD
07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
This is true, he knows the triangle. :) Luke plays smart, which is what most players lack, he has great court vision. I just read that it is only 4 million per year. Also, if you guys remember he led the league in 3 point percentage for the first quarter of the year, but fell off with his injury. If you go to 82games.com and compare him with other small forwards, his stats are some of the top in the league. The Lakers went on a huge losing streak without him, then started winning once he game back, I forget the numbers of wins and losses with him missing, but it was huge.
Lakers are said to of offered their MLE to Steve Blake.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers2jul02,1,7649675.story?track=rss
I like Luke. He was a great player at the Uof A. He seems to be a little gun shy at times. At UofA he was a great perimeter shooter and I think he was a great draft choice due to his unselfishness.

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Just giving you a hard time. ;)
Please dont get me going. :)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6978156

Jyruiz
07-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Please dont get me going. :)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6978156
Rosen is and has always been a Phil jocker. How can KG not be a good passer in the Suns system but a good passer in Phils system.
It is even going to be harder to trade KG now that his trade kicker went up after July 1st. If KG does not wave his trade kicker, than any team trading for him is going to have to send at least 22 mil Minnys way. Before July 1st it could have just been 17.5 mil.
I am all for a Jo, LO, KB treo, Mitch just need to get it done.

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I am all for a Jo, LO, KB treo, Mitch just need to get it done.
Yes! BUT. I am hearing Mr.Bynum has been in the gym every day in the off season (atleast 4-6 hours a day). Lamar Odom was at a club in Newport over the weekend and told a guy that Bynum is looking sick, he said he is gaining lots of muscle and has worked very hard on his hook shot. He said look for a different Bynum next year. This could be scary if they lose him.

Jyruiz
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes! BUT. I am hearing Mr.Bynum has been in the gym every day in the off season (atleast 4-6 hours a day). Lamar Odom was at a club in Newport over the weekend and told a guy that Bynum is looking sick, he said he is gaining lots of muscle and has worked very hard on his hook shot. He said look for a different Bynum next year. This could be scary if they lose him.
I have heard the same, but if Bynum stays, Kobe leaves, so either trade and bring talent around Kobe, or trade Kobe and start the rebuilding process and keep Bynum.

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
I have heard the same, but if Bynum stays, Kobe leaves.
Why? Isn't Kobe's contracted through the next season?? If Bynum has a breakout year, do you think Kobe will leave because of him???

acatitude
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
***boat/nbabydon/allthebreakingnewstheythinktheyknowthatchangesever y36minutes.com:D :D

Jyruiz
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Why? Isn't Kobe's contracted through the next season?? If Bynum has a breakout year, do you think Kobe will leave because of him???
Kobe is under contract for two more seasons, then he can opt out. I am just not a fan of keeping a disgruntel employee on board. Kobe has shown his immature side again, and who konws how he would play if he was not happy.

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Kobe is under contract for two more seasons, then he can opt out. I am just not a fan of keeping a disgruntel employee on board. Kobe has shown his immature side again, and who konws how he would play if he was not happy.
Last season we saw exactly that. We reportedly saw him unhappy when he played with Shaq as well. Did he play that bad? If he plays crappy, because he is unhappy the person he hurts the most is himself. He is a bit of a baby, but I don't see him lowering his own stock to make a point with the Lakers. Lots of great players have had to suck it up and play where they didn't want. I think both Kobe and the Lakers need to butch up and build the best team they can (as if they ever wern't trying to:rolleyes: ) and play the best they can. If they stay healthy and get used to playing together, they may get very good results and then Kobe will be all smiles (esp if he thinks he led them to good results).

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I have heard the same, but if Bynum stays, Kobe leaves, so either trade and bring talent around Kobe, or trade Kobe and start the rebuilding process and keep Bynum.
Kobe needs to stop whining. :)
Bynum's trade value is not high right now, but if he comes in stronger they can get alot more for him.:(

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Kobe needs to stop whining. :)
Bynum's trade value is not high right now, but if he comes in stronger they can get alot more for him.:(
If he comes in stronger, they won't need to trade him.:D

GAME TIME
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I ran into Jerry Buss at an Applebee's in Rancho Cucamonga and he said Bynum was looking very good this offseason. He also suggested I try the Riblets platters w/ cole slaw.
Oh yeah, well I saw Kobe on the freeway the other night and he had a Suns sticker on his bumper...:D :D
JK, if I'd really seen that I'd ran him off the road.:devil: :devil:

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I ran into Jerry Buss at an Applebee's in Rancho Cucamonga and he said Bynum was looking very good this offseason. He also suggested I try the Riblets platters w/ cole slaw.
I saw Elton Brand coming out of a psychiatrists, he said he cannot wait until he can opt out and go to a team that has actually accomplished something. :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
They put a good team around Brand. If he's not winning, I really don't know who else to point the blame at besides Brand.
Yes it must be Brand's fault. After all, the Clips have such a proud winning history and none of their players ever went on to do better things with other teams...:D ;)

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
They put a good team around Brand. If he's not winning, I really don't know who else to point the blame at besides Brand.
Put Brand on the Lakers, they will win a championship, even with the current roster.
Take Brand off the clippers, they fall to the back of the pack.
I do not think the clippers team is that great.

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Press Enterprise:
Quote:
They hope they can re-sign center Chris Mihm and a veteran guard.
Mihm's agent, Jeff Austin, told the Lakers his client is looking for the mid-level exception of $5.5 million.
The Lakers think that is too much to pay for Mihm, who missed all of last season recovering from right ankle surgery and still was paid his $4.2 million salary.
Mihm has been working out with Andrew Bynum at the team's practice facility in El Segundo, but the Lakers want to make sure he is healthy.
Mihm played in just 59 games during the 2005-06 season and averaged a career-high 10.2 points. He was injured March 12, 2006, against Seattle and played in just one game after that, playing 14 minutes in the season finale.
http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers02.3e4273b.html
See ya Chris... :) ...unless you want to take a 2 mill/per year for 2 years?
I really do not think any team would pay Mihm their MLE, no matter how badly they need a center.

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
The Clippers might not be great, but they're better than the Lakers. Last season was an abhoration, the Clippers won't play that poorly again and the Lakers won't play that good.
Could you also tell me the winning numbers for this weeks lotto? thanks. :)

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 01:27 PM
The Clippers might not be great, but they're better than the Lakers. Last season was an abhoration, the Clippers won't play that poorly again and the Lakers won't play that good.
What abhoration. The Clipps had a much better than avg season (for them), by almost making the playoffs. The Lakers had a crappy season (for them) by getting knocked out in the first round....:)

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I can't. You'd use the money for something stupid, like Lakers' season tickets or to resign your wife to a mid level exception. :D
lol.

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
How quickly you forget that the Clips finished the previous season 47-35 and 2 seconds away from knocking the Suns off to advance to the West Conf Finals, including tanking their last 5 games to assure a playoff series against the Nuggets in the 1st round. With essentially the same team.
Talking about the past huh? Mr DILLF doesnt like talking about the past.
But, if you want to talk about the past, how many championship banners do the clippers have hanging up at Staples center?
*insert jeopardy music here* :D

acatitude
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I can't. You'd use the money for something stupid, like Lakers' season tickets or to resign your wife to a mid level exception. :D
ding ding ding we have a winner/ top post of 2007 lmao:D

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
How quickly you forget that the Clips finished the previous season 47-35 and 2 seconds away from knocking the Suns off to advance to the West Conf Finals, including tanking their last 5 games to assure a playoff series against the Nuggets in the 1st round. With essentially the same team.
I haven't forgotten at all, that is why I said it was "a much better than avg season". The previous season was their best ever.....:)

dmontzsta
07-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I didn't realize that two seasons ago was "the past." ;)
In that case, the Lakers are champions, since 5 years is not that long ago.

Jyruiz
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
You guys are children, lol.:D