PDA

View Full Version : Marysville/Yuba City Peeps

Her454
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Have a question regarding the area on the Feather River right outside of Marysville where all the people go to ride beneath the bridges. Its a sandy area with some paved parking. Is anyone familiar enough with the area to know if they let you stay the night in an RV on the paved area?
Not camping, but just park it there overnight?
TIA

buzzaro
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Have a question regarding the area on the Feather River right outside of Marysville where all the people go to ride beneath the bridges. Its a sandy area with some paved parking. Is anyone familiar enough with the area to know if they let you stay the night in an RV on the paved area?
Not camping, but just park it there overnight?
TIA
Not sure, but I know on the other side of 20 theres lots of peeps that sleep in riverfront park.....of course they dont have an RV so that doesnt really help much:D

Her454
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Not sure, but I know on the other side of 20 theres lots of peeps that sleep in riverfront park.....of course they dont have an RV so that doesnt really help much:D
I knew that answer was coming :D Anybody else?

SummerBreeze
06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't think they are racing at the moto track under the E-street Bridge any more you might find some info. here
www.marysvillemx.com
They guy Charlie that ran the track moved on to the Dixion track

Just foreplay
06-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I ride up there in off boat season...The sign says NO CAMPING..
Sorry..

Her454
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
OK so you can't even ride in the area off of the bridge anymore and the guy that owns the lease to the land now is a complete AZZ.
So my brother takes us to this place outside of Olivehurst near the old gravel pit tailings from when they mined for Gold in the area. There are tons of ponds that generate from the river and miles and miles of riding areas that take you right to the Feather River. Its beautiful and we had no idea it even existed. The road going in is rough but we got the toyhauler down it with no problem and found a cool place by the water and rode for days. I'll post pics later of some of the views but I just wondered if anyone ever rode out there?
BTW, did I mention that the guy that leases the land off the bridge now is a complete ASS HOLE? :mad:

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 07:24 PM
OK so you can't even ride in the area off of the bridge anymore and the guy that owns the lease to the land now is a complete AZZ.
So my brother takes us to this place outside of Olivehurst near the old gravel pit tailings from when they mined for Gold in the area. There are tons of ponds that generate from the river and miles and miles of riding areas that take you right to the Feather River. Its beautiful and we had no idea it even existed. The road going in is rough but we got the toyhauler down it with no problem and found a cool place by the water and rode for days. I'll post pics later of some of the views but I just wondered if anyone ever rode out there?
BTW, did I mention that the guy that leases the land off the bridge now is a complete ASS HOLE? :mad:
:idea: I thought you said AZZ............:confused:
How ya been?

SummitKarl
07-06-2007, 07:28 PM
it's cali...someone probably took him to court for stubbing their toe on his property:rolleyes:
or......
hey everybody HER454 has her own MX track at her house...lets go ride there:jawdrop: :idea:

SummitKarl
07-06-2007, 07:30 PM
How ya been?
hey another Falcon showed up in the mail today from Vongoogler (black one):D

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 07:44 PM
hey another Falcon showed up in the mail today from Vongoogler (black one):D
Another metal miniature? The other one was cool.
Got to see Dave's ragtop F'con on the 4th.....pretty nice. Drove by and gave a revshot before parking...LOL, some things never change :D:D

SummitKarl
07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Another metal miniature? The other one was cool.
Got to see Dave's ragtop F'con on the 4th.....pretty nice. Drove by and gave a revshot before parking...LOL, some things never change :D:D
LOL....RUMMMMBAAAAAAAA:D
yea same model...but black..now I have 3, I am going to go get another gloss red one I found out here and mail it back in the same package (return to sender):jawdrop: :D

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 07:52 PM
LOL....RUMMMMBAAAAAAAA:D
yea same model...but black..now I have 3, I am going to go get another gloss red one I found out here and mail it back in the same package (return to sender):jawdrop: :D
You need to send him a yellow and a green one. That'll cover all the colors for him;):D
Red and Black covered yours :D

SummitKarl
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
You need to send him a yellow and a green one. That'll cover all the colors for him;):D
Red and Black covered yours :D
they don't have yellow (http://www.jadatoys.com/products.php?whichpage=8&category=BIGTIME%20MUSCLE&scale=24&dir=-1):mad:
ya know I still have a QT. of Corvette yellow from the ski:idea:

LandSpeedRacer
07-07-2007, 06:42 AM
There is a marina over by the airport on the Yuba City side off Garden Highway, across from the Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds. I think they allow RV camping. Also up in Live Oak, to the east of Highway 99. You might also try the Wal MArt parking lot thing if they still allow it in Linda, it is probably 1/8 mile from the "Shad Pad", where the motocross track is.
If you can't find somewhere to stay, send me a PM, I'll let you stay in the lot of my shop. Just bring the beer!
LSR

Unforgiven
07-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Traci, it was great weather hear until 4Th of july..fog rolled in about 5:30 couldn't see the fireworks show at the pier...Beach was packed..you could have jump from trailer to trailer it was so packed...Hope you guys had a great time

Her454
07-07-2007, 06:16 PM
it's cali...someone probably took him to court for stubbing their toe on his property:rolleyes:
or......
hey everybody HER454 has her own MX track at her house...lets go ride there:jawdrop: :idea:
Actually they didnt, he just purchased the "rights" to the roadway access so he hasn't had time to be sued. If you could sue for being a complete PRICK, I would be first in line.
I wont even let anyone drive on the backside of my property right now its so dry so I'd shoot someone on the spot if they tried to ride the track LOL.
How ya been?
Yup, I said AZZ. Completely. :( I've been great, keeping busy with summer. :D
There is a marina over by the airport on the Yuba City side off Garden Highway, across from the Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds. I think they allow RV camping. Also up in Live Oak, to the east of Highway 99. You might also try the Wal MArt parking lot thing if they still allow it in Linda, it is probably 1/8 mile from the "Shad Pad", where the motocross track is.
If you can't find somewhere to stay, send me a PM, I'll let you stay in the lot of my shop. Just bring the beer!
LSR
LSR, thanks for the offer but we found a cool place to ride and camp too. Maybe you are familiar with it, its near the Feather River in the old gravel pits outside of Olivehurst. Not sure what they call it but its really cool.
Traci, it was great weather hear until 4Th of july..fog rolled in about 5:30 couldn't see the fireworks show at the pier...Beach was packed..you could have jump from trailer to trailer it was so packed...Hope you guys had a great time
Eddie, thanks for checking on the beach for us and for the boating offer, that was cool. We ended up heading North even tho we had reservations on the beach. I just had a bad feeling with the kids and the crowds and a new bike for the youngest so we passed on the whole deal and went elsewhere with less congestion. Pics of the boat are beautiful, congrats to you and Shannon.:D

Her454
07-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Finally downloaded all 500+ of my pics and here are a few I promised. This place is beautiful and out in the middle of nowhere and an awsome place to ride, camp etc. We saw NO houses, and about 10 people riding on the weekend but the winter months are apparently busier. The river water is crystal clear with ponds everywhere to swim and get out the heat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB2.jpg
Some sunset riding...... the kids had a blast here!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB1.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB3.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB4.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB5.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB6.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB7.jpg
Camp............the road getting in is pretty bad but the Toyhauler actually smoothed out the ride :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139HB8.jpg

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I live in yuba city, pm me directions to this place it sounds like yube gold fields.
BIG JOE SSMF

buzzaro
07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I live in yuba city, pm me directions to this place it sounds like yube gold fields.
BIG JOE SSMF
Yeah, Im pretty sure shes talking about the gold fields out by Tiechert and Nordic off Hammonton-Smartville. If I remember out there the public land is checker shaped with private lands but I could be mistaken. They are still mining there (well near where Her454 stayed). In fact they are getting ready to fire up one of the big barge-dredges that they used both there and the Aerojet area in sac 60 years(or more) ago.

Debbolas
07-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow!
Looks like fun :D

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Does look like fun, but if it is yuba gold fields STAY OUT OF WATER IN LAKES it is very bad for you!
BIG JOE SSMF

Her454
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Does look like fun, but if it is yuba gold fields STAY OUT OF WATER IN LAKES it is very bad for you!
BIG JOE SSMF
It is the Yuba Gold Fields, I just found out today. We didnt go in the water in the lakes for that reason but the river water is awsome and where we were swimming.
The directions are exactly per the above out by Tiechert and Nordic off Hammonton-Smartville.
Protecting the people’s right of way: Public-access advocate Bill Calvert
PROFILE - December 20, 2004 by Tim Holt
Bill Calvert. PHOTO COURTESY BILL CALVERT
The Yuba Goldfields in California’s Central Valley is one of the more bizarre and intriguing landscapes in the state — a swath of moonscape, wetlands, and sagebrush that stretches along both sides of the Yuba River. Huge piles of rock tailings, left by gold dredgers in the early part of the last century, loom over ponds filled with bass and trout and frequented by migrating waterfowl.
This lonely landscape, about 15 miles from Marysville, has only four houses and very few roads. But life here hasn’t always been peaceful: In 1971, a large Texas-based conglomerate, Centex, attracted by the Goldfields’ immense reserves of gravel, began purchasing land in the region. By 1987, it had acquired 2,600 acres, more than a quarter of the Goldfields. Gravel is much in demand for roads and the concrete needed for development.
That same year, Centex’s subsidiary, Western Aggregates, declared ownership of a long-used Goldfields road, closing it off and locking the gates at both ends. The move shut off access to some 5,000 acres of public land long popular with local fishermen, hunters, and kids looking for swimming holes. It also meant that a retired garage-door-opener salesman named Bill Calvert had a hard time getting to and from his ranch in the Goldfields. The company gave him a key to one of the gates, but the lock was sometimes jammed and inoperable.
Someone other than Calvert might have sold the ranch and moved to a less contentious setting. But not Calvert, who’s now 70, and is described by those who know him as extremely stubborn, and — at times — "ferocious."
Taking on Western Aggregates meant confronting its deep-pocketed parent company. "There was no way I could fight them on my own. I knew I was going to need a lot of help," Calvert says.
He used his salesman’s charm to cobble together the Yuba Goldfields Access Coalition, an alliance that included a sport-hunting group and a watershed organization based in Nevada City, about 30 miles from the Goldfields. The group set to work researching the region’s complicated land ownership, but it also employed less subtle tactics. Huey Johnson, a former California secretary of Resources and an early member of the coalition, remembers the evening that Calvert, hearing that one of Johnson’s friends had been stopped by a locked gate, stormed out of his house, hopped on his tractor, and yanked the gate open with a chain. At other times, Calvert used bolt cutters to get the gates open. "The man is a tiger," Johnson says.
But what Calvert’s friends saw as acts of heroism, the mining company considered blatant vandalism and trespassing. Calvert can’t remember exactly how many times he was arrested — he thinks maybe six — and he estimates that there were a total of 50 arrests among the Goldfields public-access advocates. The Goldfields coalition was not part of the Sagebrush Rebellion, like the Jarbidge Shovel Brigade, which tried to open a road into a national forest in Nevada despite the risk to endangered bull trout, or Utah’s bulldozer-driving county commissioners, who want to disqualify land from wilderness protection. There was no ulterior motive, members say: Simply a desire to get to public and private lands the way locals had done for years.