PDA

View Full Version : Barnes and Noble Sucks

Miss Perfect
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
This weekend I took my 13 year old niece to the bookstore and told her she could pick out something. She found a book called TTFN which was in the teen section. I looked at the back cover of the book and it basically was about teenage girls that were IM'ing back and forth. It seemed ok for her.
Anyway, We got home and I started thumbing through the book. Boy was I wrong..... the entire thing was full of F this and F that and then the very worst part was the talk of drugs. One line of the book said, " it's just a little pot, it's not like it will hurt you." There was even talk of drug busts and running from the cops.
So today I go in to return the book and I ask them why they have a book like this in the teen section. The Store Manager tells me that it is a New York Times Best Seller and maybe we do things differently then they do in the "big city". She went on to say that the publishers say where the books are displayed and they have no control over it.
Do you want to know what's wrong with kids today? They are reading sh1t like this book and thinking pot is ok and it's ok to run from the cops. What on earth is this world coming to? We're Doooooooooomed.
rant over :)

pw_Tony
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
This thread is useless without pics of you and your niece;)
Jk avatar is too distracting to pay attention to the topic at hand:D

Jordy
06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Any girl on girl action in the book??? I'd be pissed if there wasn't and I'd return it too!!! :D :D :D

Jbb
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Any girl on girl action in the book??? I'd be pissed if there wasn't and I'd return it too!!! :D :D :D
:D

Miss Perfect
06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow, this thread turned bad really fast. About 35% faster than normal.
Jordy was involved. Did you expect any less? ;)

coolchange
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
"Catcher in the Rye" for the new millenium?