PDA

View Full Version : New Outboard Yamaha 350 HP V8 F350

TCHB
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Traditionally, offshore boats of over nine meters have been powered primarily either by inboard or inboard-outboard motors. However, over recent years there has been a shift toward outboard motors as the power of choice for larger boats. This is due to the outboard configuration offering excellent speed, performance, fuel economy, ease of installation and maintenance plus the fact that they allow for more usable onboard space. As a result, there is a trend toward outboard motors with bigger horsepower and greater speed in the boating scene.
The new Yamaha F350 is a completely new product that has been built to meet these needs by breaking out of conventional categories in order to open up new market demand.
Key features of the Yamaha F350
• Massive power and torque from the world’s biggest horsepower outboard.
• The first 60° V8 four stroke outboard engine ever, with a displacement of 5,330 cm3 and a DOHC, 32valve format.
• In-Bank Dual Exhaust with Power Surge Chambers, a system that relieves pressure in the exhaust ports to increase power output.
• Variable camshaft timing to greatly increase engine torque at low and mid-range rpm.
• Up to 45 percent more thrust than conventional 250-hp class four-stroke outboards. (Yamaha comparison)
• Specially designed Saltwater XL Series propellers with significantly larger diameter and blade area to bring out the full performance potential of the F350.
• Outstanding Yamaha durability and reliability
• Larger gear shaft adopted for greatly increased strength
• Forged motor mounts and oversized mounting bracket for outstanding durability

vishus
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
you forgot the MOST IMPRESSIVE specification....
804 lbs
I'll take my little 375# 260HP Merc any day, HELL I could run twins and still have less weight hanging off the back...

DMOORE
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
you forgot the MOST IMPRESSIVE specification....
804 lbs
I'll take my little 375# 260HP Merc any day, HELL I could run twins and still have less weight hanging off the back...
HOLY C**P!!!!! There goes the only advantage of an outboard. And remember thats 804 LB's hanging off the REAR of the transom.
Darrell.

Tom Brown
06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
HOLY C**P!!!!! There goes the only advantage of an outboard.
"the only advantage of an outboard" lmao! :D :D :D

MR.rvrluvr
06-25-2007, 07:52 PM
paging killertoy......killertoy where are you....:D

Kilrtoy
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Thats almost the total weight of my two motors running 600 HP

dicudmore
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Thats almost the total weight of my two motors running 600 HP
yeah, what he said :D
If I had an offshore fishing vessel I'd probably take these Yami's over my 300X's for durability purposes...

MR.rvrluvr
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
yeah, what he said :D
If I had an offshore fishing vessel I'd probably take these Yami's over my 300X's for durability purposes...
IF?:D :D

Tom Brown
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I'd take the 300x engines over the 4-stroke, 32 valve Yamaha for durability purposes.
Yamaha makes great stuff but that's a lot of moving parts.

DMOORE
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I'd take the 300x engines over the 4-stroke, 32 valve Yamaha for durability purposes.
Yamaha makes great stuff but that's a lot of moving parts.
True. There's a lot to be said of two stroke simplicity.
Darrell.

Kim Hanson
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
:rolleyes: .............( . )( . )..............engine with a ancor, what will they come up next with :D :D

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Traditionally, offshore boats of over nine meters have been powered primarily either by inboard or inboard-outboard motors. However, over recent years there has been a shift toward outboard motors as the power of choice for larger boats. This is due to the outboard configuration offering excellent speed, performance, fuel economy, ease of installation and maintenance plus the fact that they allow for more usable onboard space. As a result, there is a trend toward outboard motors with bigger horsepower and greater speed in the boating scene.
The new Yamaha F350 is a completely new product that has been built to meet these needs by breaking out of conventional categories in order to open up new market demand.
Key features of the Yamaha F350
• Massive power and torque from the world’s biggest horsepower outboard.
• The first 60° V8 four stroke outboard engine ever, with a displacement of 5,330 cm3 and a DOHC, 32valve format.
• In-Bank Dual Exhaust with Power Surge Chambers, a system that relieves pressure in the exhaust ports to increase power output.
• Variable camshaft timing to greatly increase engine torque at low and mid-range rpm.
• Up to 45 percent more thrust than conventional 250-hp class four-stroke outboards. (Yamaha comparison)
• Specially designed Saltwater XL Series propellers with significantly larger diameter and blade area to bring out the full performance potential of the F350.
• Outstanding Yamaha durability and reliability
• Larger gear shaft adopted for greatly increased strength
• Forged motor mounts and oversized mounting bracket for outstanding durability
You work for Yamaha??
:confused:

rrrr
06-26-2007, 07:02 AM
323 cubic inches.....wow. And it weighs more than my 427 FE, didn't think that was possible......:D :D

OCMerrill
06-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Aimed at the sport fishing rigs. OB's are the craze these days. Efficient and saves room. Not intended for the back of a DCB. Although some baller will have a pair on his cat eventually. With exhaust above the waterline somehow.:D
I think it's pretty cool to watch this tech develop.
Outboards are the best way to power a boat as they run at the pivot point. One of the reasons they last. Bouncing that IO V8 up and down in the hull has allot more induced stress on the engine and the boat.
And if you don't agree with anything I just said then there is this...
No u-joints and no gimbal bearing.
Anyone that keeps a boat longer than just a few years will get to know this one.

Mountainstone
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
5.3-liter, 32 valve V-8 with 350 horsepower that weighs probl'y 600 pounds without the lower unit. What would it take to lay one on its' side, plumb the water/fuel lines and connect it to a Bravo drive?
I wonder who else sees that market?
I hope Mercury does.
I wonder what it sounds like through headers...

SB
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
5.3-liter, 32 valve V-8 with 350 horsepower that weighs probl'y 600 pounds without the lower unit. What would it take to lay one on its' side, plumb the water/fuel lines and connect it to a Bravo drive?
I wonder who else sees that market?
I hope Mercury does.
I wonder what it sounds like through headers...
I assume it's cheaper to stick with the GM.

pw_Tony
06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmm lemme think... 800lb Merc 350 horse or...
A 426 HEMI.... tough decision:D :D