PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cop Your Opinion?

3 daytona`s
06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
With all the trash talk on here and PWC haters how many could pass a written/performance boat test? That is if they could even back it straight down the ramp. I understand the PWC thing I do not own one but there are plenty of boaters who do not have a clue rule wise or for sure common sense wise. I would love to see them while stopping all for BWI make them take a test I`m betting it would be interesting? While sitting in the bow taking the test what is a bow? NO CLUE. LOL :idea:

Havasu Carrera
06-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I just wanna know when the PWC rider in your avatar will be tested and where?:D

3 daytona`s
06-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I just wanna know when the PWC rider in your avatar will be tested and where?:D
And I believe you may be married? LOL:) I promise you HC if that was my Woman I would not waste one minute in this circus. Have fun Keep Cool.

3 daytona`s
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
And I believe you may be married? LOL:) I promise you HC if that was my Woman I would not waste one minute in this circus. Have fun Keep Cool.
Was a party pooper and made us put a thong on her = Bummer so to speak:)

OverKill
06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Your right about one thing, there are alot of PWC owners that have not a clue as to what they are doing. I get cut off all the time and to many close calls.
So heres what I did about it. I puchased a Million Dollar Embrella from my insurance company. Now if I know Im in the right and one of the F**kers cut in front of me. I don't slow down even for a second. My theory, if you want to be stupid and throw yourself in front of a train than be my guest. Just don't get all pissy when your dead.
All in all there need to be stricter rules for boating.

Boatcop
06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
With all the trash talk on here and PWC haters how many could pass a written/performance boat test? That is if they could even back it straight down the ramp. I understand the PWC thing I do not own one but there are plenty of boaters who do not have a clue rule wise or for sure common sense wise. I would love to see them while stopping all for BWI make them take a test I`m betting it would be interesting? While sitting in the bow taking the test what is a bow? NO CLUE. LOL :idea:
I'm betting it would be about the same percentage of regular boaters who could pass a test. PWC riders don't have a monopoly on lack of boating knowledge and/or skill.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-26-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm betting it would be about the same percentage of regular boaters who could pass a test. PWC riders don't have a monopoly on lack of boating knowledge and/or skill.
I disagree. I think it's easier and cheaper to buy/rent a jetski than buy/rent a boat. and you can tow a jetski with anything! SO there will be more idiots on jetskis. Budlight

Not So Fast
06-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I disagree. I think it's easier and cheaper to buy/rent a jetski than buy/rent a boat. and you can tow a jetski with anything! SO there will be more idiots on jetskis. Budlight
I gotta agree with you on this one no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

pw_Tony
06-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I agree. Over here in Bullhead I see fockers in rental boats and those lttle sea-doo boats running up and down allllllllll day! The little sea-doo boats are like $12000 at Costco, and a new jet ski is like $10000. And then we have our vacation homies that buy a house on the river for $800000 and buy the biggest most bad-azz wakeboard boat they can get, and they proceed to drive 30 feet off all the house docks. I see this everyday but have yet to see a cop pull anyone over. I know if I was at Martinez every person doing the crazy crap they do would at least be getting a ticket.

catman-do
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I would agree that I think there are more PWC opperators that havent a clue as those people can rent, buy cheap, or borrow from a friend. Not as many cheap boats, rental boats, or people willing to lend a boat as there are PWC's. However there are the fair share of people in nicer boats (performance included) that act like complete morons. Cant count how many times this summer alone ive had someone turn without looking while I was overtaking them in a performance boat, or the idiot that is running the river mouth and slows down because its shallow while im trimmed out doing 70 behind him (hoping the guy knows what he is doing). :mad:
Recent housing booms in the last few years afforded alot of people the opportunity to own nice boats that really shouldnt.

WYRD
06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Recent housing booms in the last few years afforded alot of people the opportunity to own nice boats that really shouldnt.
In due time you will see all of these "new" toys up for sale at a reduced price:idea:

RiverDave
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Your right about one thing, there are alot of PWC owners that have not a clue as to what they are doing. I get cut off all the time and to many close calls.
So heres what I did about it. I puchased a Million Dollar Embrella from my insurance company. Now if I know Im in the right and one of the F**kers cut in front of me. I don't slow down even for a second. My theory, if you want to be stupid and throw yourself in front of a train than be my guest. Just don't get all pissy when your dead.
How many people can afford boats, and afford huge insurance policies, but can't spell "umbrella?"
RD

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
How many people can afford boats, and afford huge insurance policies, but can't spell "umbrella?"
RD
One For Sure:)

thumbs
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
So heres what I did about it. I puchased a Million Dollar Embrella from my insurance company. Now if I know Im in the right and one of the F**kers cut in front of me. I don't slow down even for a second. My theory, if you want to be stupid and throw yourself in front of a train than be my guest. Just don't get all pissy when your dead..
My theroy - You are an idiot because you believe it's OK to intentionally kill someone that you THINK may have violated a navigation rule.
Or people just need to know the rules of navigation.
Where do you boat? I want to make sure I stay far away from you when I'm on the water.

Smokin Joe
06-26-2007, 10:02 AM
A boating safty viedo on Airzona Fish and game site enjoy
http://www.azgfd.gov/video/BoatingSafety.shtml
they use to have a test on there but can not find it
joe

Not So Fast
06-26-2007, 10:23 AM
As of yesterday I have never seen a boater do figure 8's aroung the pilings under the 40 bridge like the rider of a PWC was doing about 2pm, IDIOT, nuff said :confused: NSF

ratso
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Wow... you think like my dad. Scary...:jawdrop:

Danhercules
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I agree. Over here in Bullhead I see fockers in rental boats and those lttle sea-doo boats running up and down allllllllll day! The little sea-doo boats are like $12000 at Costco, and a new jet ski is like $10000. And then we have our vacation homies that buy a house on the river for $800000 and buy the biggest most bad-azz wakeboard boat they can get, and they proceed to drive 30 feet off all the house docks. I see this everyday but have yet to see a cop pull anyone over. I know if I was at Martinez every person doing the crazy crap they do would at least be getting a ticket.
You can buy a used 70's jet boat that weighs a lot more, still dose 60MPH for 5k or less.

pw_Tony
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
He's saying if you took 20 boaters and compared them to 20 jet skiers there would be the same amount of idiots in both groups.
And yes Dan Jet Boats are cheap:D

OverKill
06-26-2007, 11:22 AM
RD
WOW your right Umbrella. So you tell me how many people can afford a boat. In fact my insurance policy is $350 a year. A small price to pay in this sue happy world. Even if another person was in the wrong and lost there life doing it, you can expect being served.

OverKill
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
My theroy - You are an idiot because you believe it's OK to intentionally kill someone that you THINK may have violated a navigation rule.
Or people just need to know the rules of navigation.
Where do you boat? I want to make sure I stay far away from you when I'm on the water.
An idiot AAHH. No the idiot is the person that puts himself five feet in front of my bow as Im going 60 to 70 mph. Read between the lines IDIOT. What Im saying is why am I going to put my family/self in danger trying to get out of someones way. All in the name of an IDIOT that can't NAVIGATE there watercraft. Bottom line is the IDIOT is going to get him self killed by violating a navigation rule.
Ask yourself this. If a person has a gun pointed at you from 10 feet away. Are you going to just stand there and let the person pull the trigger. :)
I boat in the lower river, and by all means stay away. I don't need another IDIOT on the water. Good luck and happy boating.

RiverDave
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Overkill, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news.. but in 80% of the time where a PWC would get run over by a boat, the boater would technically be at fault by the navigational rules..
Your doing 60 - 70, and your coming up behind a jetski doing 45. You are going to over take him on the left hand side and he all of a sudden without any warning (or looking over his shoulder) turns left and you run him over.. Technically you were supposed to yield.
You would be at fault (believe it or not).
Have you ever been to a boater safety course? Just out of curiosity?
There's a shitload of navigational rules, alot of them don't make 100% sense to me, but when it comes right down to it, it's the law and that's what the lawyers and courts are gonna go off of.
RD

OverKill
06-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes I have been to two safety classes, Both by U.S. Coast Guard. I agree there are alot of rules that make no sense to me. Heres what happened. I was heading down river and this SeaDoo came up on my left wanting to run em. I stayed on it about, Im guessing 60 to 70 maybe slower I don't know. He decided to be a hot shot and gun it and cut in front of me going right. I swear it was no more than 15 feet away. Scared the S**t out of me. I was so mad I turned around to confront the guy when he was on shore. I couldn't believe this, he didn't no any English. Anyway't hope I didn't misspell anything here.
OverKill

WYRD
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
An idiot AAHH. No the idiot is the person that puts himself five feet in front of my bow as Im going 60 to 70 mph. Read between the lines IDIOT. What Im saying is why am I going to put my family/self in danger trying to get out of someones way. All in the name of an IDIOT that can't NAVIGATE there watercraft. Bottom line is the IDIOT is going to get him self killed by violating a navigation rule.
Ask yourself this. If a person has a gun pointed at you from 10 feet away. Are you going to just stand there and let the person pull the trigger. :)
I boat in the lower river, and by all means stay away. I don't need another IDIOT on the water. Good luck and happy boating.
Whats a gun have to do with a PWC:confused: I don't see the connection
and while I hate lake lice just as much as the next guy I disagree with you, there are many kids that ride these things and while they may be in the wrong I don't want to be the one to tell their parents they just got spit out by my prop...........just my 02

MR HARLEY
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Is it too much for anyone just to get out of the way, PWC or boat? If I see someone getting to close or wanting to put my family in danger with their driving, I just move as far away as I can from them, why get involved? Why put them (my family or passengers) in harms way?
We are all enjoying the lake, if I see a potential problem ariseing, IMHO I just get out of the way and leave it alone. :)

squirt'nmyload
06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Whats a gun have to do with a PWC:confused: I don't see the connection
and while I hate lake lice just as much as the next guy I disagree with you, there are many kids that ride these things and while they may be in the wrong I don't want to be the one to tell their parents they just got spit out by my prop...........just my 02
good thing we have jets :D :D

Boatcop
06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Is it too much for anyone just to get out of the way, PWC or boat? If I see someone getting to close or wanting to put my family in danger with their driving, I just move as far away as I can from them, why get involved? Why put them (my family or passengers) in harms way?
We are all enjoying the lake, if I see a potential problem ariseing, IMHO I just get out of the way and leave it alone. :)
Exactly.
A lot of people don't realize that the throttle can be pulled back as easily as it's pushed forward.

mickeyfinn
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes I have been to two safety classes, Both by U.S. Coast Guard. I agree there are alot of rules that make no sense to me. Heres what happened. I was heading down river and this SeaDoo came up on my left wanting to run em. I stayed on it about, Im guessing 60 to 70 maybe slower I don't know. He decided to be a hot shot and gun it and cut in front of me going right. I swear it was no more than 15 feet away. Scared the S**t out of me. I was so mad I turned around to confront the guy when he was on shore. I couldn't believe this, he didn't no any English. Anyway't hope I didn't misspell anything here.
OverKill
Been to two boating safety classes? I assume you attended school where they taught spelling also, so between your Million Dollar Embrella and the guy who "didn't no any English" you are proof that testing should be required of all classes to prove you actually comprehended something.

CarBizIndio
06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Been to two boating safety classes? I assume you attended school where they taught spelling also, so between your Million Dollar Embrella and the guy who "didn't no any English" you are proof that testing should be required of all classes to prove you actually comprehended something.
Sounds like you haven't got laid lately.

mickeyfinn
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Sounds like you haven't got laid lately.
LOL...... Not being laid lately isn't the problem, frequency though is a different story.:D

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Jet Ski`s are here accept it or golf.I have said do not own will never own one.I wanted to bring out the point in my opinion there are so many boaters that have no clue. Just because you have a boat (HATE TO INFORM) does not make you the deal out here. I have accepted the PWC and believe now the real answer is education and testing on both ends. I hate to say it but some screw it up for all just as in BWI, but my intent was to bring out the fact that there are so many new or fairly new boaters that need a boater course and testing no matter how much money you have.:idea: The #1 part is can you back your boat down the ramp?== STRAIGHT

Boatcop
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Jet Ski`s are here accept it or golf.I have said do not own will never own one.I wanted to bring out the point in my opinion there are so many boaters that have no clue. Just because you have a boat (HATE TO INFORM) does not make you the deal out here. I have accepted the PWC and believe now the real answer is education and testing on both ends. I hate to say it but some screw it up for all just as in BWI, but my intent was to bring out the fact that there are so many new or fairly new boaters that need a boater course and testing no matter how much money you have.:idea: The #1 part is can you back your boat down the ramp?== STRAIGHT
I think that EVERY boater, PWC or otherwise, should have a Boating Education course before operating.
I had a gentleman in one of my classes a few years ago. He owns his own performance boating company. Has been boating for nearly 50 years. Writes a tech column for the parent company of this message board. And conducts most of the tests for the magazine.
After the class he told me he was AMAZED at how much he didn't know, and how much of what he thought he knew, was wrong.
It doesn't matter how much "experience" anyone on here has. It's almost a sure bet, that without proper instruction in Navigation Rules and safe boating practices, a lot of folks on here have about as much of a clue as those PWCers.

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I think that EVERY boater, PWC or otherwise, should have a Boating Education course before operating.
I had a gentleman in one of my classes a few years ago. He owns his own performance boating company. Has been boating for nearly 50 years. Writes a tech column for the parent company of this message board. And conducts most of the tests for the magazine.
After the class he told me he was AMAZED at how much he didn't know, and how much of what he thought he knew, was wrong.
It doesn't matter how much "experience" anyone on here has. It's almost a sure bet, that without proper instruction in Navigation Rules and safe boating practices, a lot of folks on here have about as much of a clue as those PWCers.
Thanks,I guess what I was attempting to ask and convey.I`m with you education then testing it must happen. This is out of control.

OverKill
06-26-2007, 07:15 PM
That is right miss piggy TWO!! in fact how did I get the info. for a Million dollar EUEMBRELLA, the boating safety course. I will bet you have some fly by night insurance policy on your watercraft don't you. No thankyou I don't feel like losing everything I have to an Idiot on the water. Now that I think about it maybe you consume alcohol while operating a watercraft and don't even have insurance. But who am I to judge. I just have my family and myself in mind before anyone else. So on a lighter note, get your Million dollar UMBRELLA and get on the water, GA will get alot colder faster than where Im at.