PDA

View Full Version : Casale pressure

FlatRat
06-26-2007, 02:10 AM
I rebuilt my 12 deg. last season and ran it.I keep getting gear oil coming from the vent.The vent is one of those spring loaded deals.I took the boat out this past weekend,after running hard I manually unloaded the vent.It had quite a bit of pressure in it.Did I fuzz up during rebuild?:confused: Should get a breather type vent and ship can the spring loaded one?It's making a mess.Thanks up front

Unchained
06-26-2007, 03:37 AM
I've got the same thing happening and it's not overfilled either.
I suspected water was getting in the lube but the oil is clean so that's not it. I have synthetic oil in it.

FlatRat
06-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Yea,
not over filled and no water...just too much pressure...weird stuff.Anyone ever have this..?:confused: Art...ya out there?

g935
06-26-2007, 06:15 PM
My friend's casale is doing the exact same thing. He had a boat shop in town rebuild it and it leaks like a siv. The shop is removing the spring loaded little cap and installing a small pop off breather in its place that will release at 25 to 30 lbs. of pressure. He hasn't gotten the boat back yet so, I'll let you know if it works. I'll take a snap of it and post it as soon as I see it.
Geoff

fc-pilot
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
The one time we could use real info from Mr. V-driver he is nowhere to be found. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on this.
Paul

wsuwrhr
06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
The one time we could use real info from Mr. V-driver he is nowhere to be found. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on this.
Paul
It is too bad V-Drive Tom doesn't come around much anymore. I would rather hear what he thinks of this.
Tom seems to "have it together," if you know what I mean.
Brian

FlatRat
06-27-2007, 01:54 AM
My friend's casale is doing the exact same thing. He had a boat shop in town rebuild it and it leaks like a siv. The shop is removing the spring loaded little cap and installing a small pop off breather in its place that will release at 25 to 30 lbs. of pressure. He hasn't gotten the boat back yet so, I'll let you know if it works. I'll take a snap of it and post it as soon as I see it.
Geoff
That's kinda what I'm thinkin'...Do they really build 20-30 lbs pressure?Thanks

jimsplace
06-27-2007, 05:51 AM
If you are talking about the pressure relief valve on the front of the case that is a 1/8 inch pipe fitting, I am using one that is 1/4 to 1 pound pop-off. The seals to the shaft are only good to 8-10 pounds. Anything over that and they may start leaking around the shafts when hot.
I do not have a problem with it coming out the vent hole.

g935
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
I got the pressure figure from my friend. He may have misinterpreted the information he was told from Fresno Marine. I’ll call this morning and talk directly to Bob Wellman myself and see what he’s planning to do. I also have a similar problem but not as bad.
Geoff

fc-pilot
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
It is too bad V-Drive Tom doesn't come around much anymore. I would rather hear what he thinks of this.
Tom seems to "have it together," if you know what I mean.
Brian
Now that is a much better idea. I have to agree with you.
Paul

FlatRat
06-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Now that is a much better idea. I have to agree with you.
Paul
10-4,
I'll give V-Drive Tom a ring...I hate bug him over such a trivial deal..
FC, whatcha been up to?...it's Summer this week up here in Montana:idea: