PDA

View Full Version : Boat Racing Legend Passes Away.

Boatcop
06-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Marion Beaver, 90, passed away on June 21st after a succumbing to congestive heart failure. Marion owned the Parker (Ford) Motor Company, which is the oldest continuing Ford Dealership in AZ. He was the force behind the legendary Parker 9 Hour Enduro, held many boat speed records and series championships and was a charter member of the Southern California Speedboat Club, APBA, and the Parker Boat and Ski Club. He was inducted into the GULF Marine Racing Fall of Fame in 1965, and placed on the APBA Honor Role in 1968.
He was pretty much one of the Founding Fathers of modern-day Parker and has done much for this community. He will be sorely missed.

yopengo
06-26-2007, 07:59 AM
R.i.p. :(

ratso
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like he led a full and exciting life...
godspeed.

Havasu1986
06-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for posting that story Alan. I called my father in law to let him know, and he is calling his freind in Oregon. Not sure how they knew him or his family, but my wife and I have driven from the O.C. to pick up a new Ford truck for my F.I.L a couple times. :(

FastTimmy
06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Sounds like he led a great life.. R.I.P.

Rattle Can Lou
06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Had a coupla hours to kill in the dealership one day and the memorabilia in the store was amazing. You knew by walking around that the guy had a lot to do with boat racing. He also had some boats or a boat in there that was from an era gone by. RIP Marion.

gottaminute?
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
i was told services for marion will be held at the Parker high school footbal stadium @ 3 o'clock this saturday.
marion was a MAJOR factor in all the boat racing in Parker. Always a strong promoter of the town and tourism, mayor, owner of parker motor co (ford dealer) . the family owned the KOFA Inn until recently.
he raced hydroplanes in circle races all over the southwest and it was always a treat to see his conventional hydro barrelling down the river at the start of the parker 9 hour enduro.
circle racer, kilo records businessman... he did it all
Rest in peace, marion
from the hoban family

DCBob
06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Sounds like he led a great life.. R.I.P.
Yep, what he said! God Bless!

CrackerP-94
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Though I didn't personally race against Marion, I did race against his boats and they were always top notch. We send our condolences to the family.
Chuck and Jeannie Doidge