PDA

View Full Version : Story on "Wrestler, murder-suicide"??????

Not So Fast
06-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Just heard the tail end of the story while cleaning the barge, Chris Benoit (sp), something about murdering his family and then killing himself??????? WWF star BTW. NSF

dmontzsta
06-26-2007, 07:27 AM
yup

Mattman
06-26-2007, 07:35 AM
The news just showed a clip of Vince McMahon coming back from his fake death to tell all the fans that Chris, his wife and 7yr old boy were found dead in their house. News said he killed his wife, boy then himself...:(

Pheelin Phroggy
06-26-2007, 07:39 AM
To bad, who knows what drives someone to kill their own family. we heard it on the news, but they just said possible murder-suicide, did not say who killed who yet, but i guess the evidience points to him.

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Sounds like Roid Rage to me. :(

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
They just reported he strangled his wife on Sat. smothered his 7 year old son on Sunday then hung himself Monday

THOR
06-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Sounds like Roid Rage to me. :(
There is no such thing. Roid rage can not be traced back to any type of synthetic substance.

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Fock, way to stay on task there genius. :rolleyes:
It bothered you :confused: I was not staying on "TASK"

ChumpChange
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
See below.
TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.
Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.
One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.
According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.
A police investigation is ongoing.

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
See below.
ShockWaveBob will rip you a new Ass for staying on Task:rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 09:04 AM
:)I meant the wrestler. I thought my statement was pretty obvious, then I realized where I was posting. You're right, my bad. I should have made it perfectly clear and then posted a bunch of smilies like a married woman having an online affair.
:)

ChumpChange
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
I found this site this morning. Talk about conspiracy theorists...at least at the beginning:
http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38185
I found out about this last night. I flipped over to Raw and it was a tribute. The crazy thing about the WWE is when you see it on TV, you wonder if it is real or just the storyline. I actually got out of bed to find out as the first thing I thought was that he died of Steroids like Eddie Guerrero.
It's a sucky situation all around.

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
There is no such thing. Roid rage can not be traced back to any type of synthetic substance.
Roid Rage is a general term. It has not necessarily been regarded as a specific syndrome (at least not by me or my professors etc). But it has been well understood, since the 1970s, that steroid use increases aggressive and violent behavior in men. I have worked with athletes for over 35 years and I can't tell you how many men I have known who have lost their girlfriends, because of how violent they became when they went on Anabolic Steroids. I have seen it too many times to deny it. Seemingly calm men changing dramatically when they go on roids. The scary thing is, that many times they don't even notice it themselves.
It may not be listed in the DSM as a specific syndrome, but as a concept it is very well established.
P.S. It is just one of many reasons I have always rejected anabolic steroid use by athletes and by foolish scrub gym rats who want to buff up to look better.

TAF
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Whether it is or not, taking those things changes your mental capacity to the point they do extremely :mad: violent :devil: unpredictable things to even the most loved ones in their lives. Very short tempered is the first change. My personal :sqeyes: experience :D w/ 3 diff. individuals.
If I ever become aware of anyone using them I choose to not associate w/ them at all.

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
If I ever become aware of anyone using them I choose to not associate w/ them at all.
A wise choice. You take someone, who isn't wound too tight to begin with, and put him on roids and you have a ticking time bomb....
Even nice guys (off roids) are not much fun to be around, when they are on them..
P.S. This only goes for men. I have never seen anything like roid rage in women (unless you count PMS). I'm guessing it is because of the very low doses needed for women to get results vs the very high doses the men have to take. The worst side effects of roids I have seen in woman; were chest hair, husky voices, more masculine looks (facial changes) and a bit of a more aggressive attitude.

THOR
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Roid Rage is a general term. It has not necessarily been regarded as a specific syndrome (at least not by me or my professors etc). But it has been well understood, since the 1970s, that steroid use increases aggressive and violent behavior in men. I have worked with athletes for over 35 years and I can't tell you how many men I have known who have lost their girlfriends, because of how violent they became when they went on Anabolic Steroids. I have seen it too many times to deny it. Seemingly calm men changing dramatically when they go on roids. The scary thing is, that many times they don't even notice it themselves.
It may not be listed in the DSM as a specific syndrome, but as a concept it is very well established.
P.S. It is just one of many reasons I have always rejected anabolic steroid use by athletes and by foolish scrub gym rats who want to buff up to look better.
I specifically worked with the mental aspect of athletes while finishing my doctorate as well and can tell you that there is no scientific basis for 'roid rage'.

CarBizIndio
06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Whether it is or not, taking those things changes your mental capacity to the point they do extremely :mad: violent :devil: unpredictable things to even the most loved ones in their lives. Very short tempered is the first change. My personal :sqeyes: experience :D w/ 3 diff. individuals.
Does that mean you wont be responding to my posts? :(

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I specifically worked with the mental aspect of athletes while finishing my doctorate as well and can tell you that there is no scientific basis for 'roid rage'.
Interesting.:)
Explain. How many atheletes did you see long term while on and off Anabolic steroids? And how are you defining Roid Rage?? What I am talking about is simply the increased aggressivenes and propensity for violence in people using high doses of anabolic steroids. I am not talking about a psychotic break caused solely by steroid use. I have worked with hundreds of men who took or take therapeutic doses of testosterone, for treatment of impotence and I have never seen this. However, I have seen dramatic personality changes in male athletes who take high doses of anabolic steroids while attempting to enhance athletic performance. In fact, I have often seen more obvious changes in personality, than I have seen in athletic improvement. In slang jargon, we call this Roid Rage. Because, mean, nasty, steroid using jerk is a bit of a mouthfull....;)

AZJD
06-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Steroids increase aggressive behavior. Simple!!!!!! The "rage" for lack of a better word, is simply a trait that is amplified due to heightend testosterone levels. You size and strngth increase aswell as your ego! If a dude is an asshole, he will become a bigger asshole. Your temper and patience will be tested when you are on an anabolic steroid!

Mattman
06-26-2007, 02:04 PM
The latest news said he strangled his wife on Friday, smothered his son Saturday morning, then hung himself with a cable from his gym equipment late Saturday or early Sunday. Each victim had a bible placed next to them.

Jyruiz
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
How tragic, having kids around that age just makes me sick to think somebody could do this to their own flesh and blood. My prayers go out to his wife and kid.

Mrs. 20
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't think "roid rage" caused him to act out over two days. This sounds very calculated. He also texted throughout the whole ordeal. They will not release the text messages at this time. :idea:

THOR
06-26-2007, 02:38 PM
How can we prove a mental disorder? Being dependent on a drug is one thing. Abusive is another.
This is not a roid rage thing since it doesnt exist. Was he severely mentally ill by killing his wife and child? No doubt. But, to say a person who is enhancing there body by ingesting drug can in no way, shape or form be correlated with a persons phyche.

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I meant the wrestler. I thought my statement was pretty obvious, then I realized where I was posting. You're right, my bad. I should have made it perfectly clear and then posted a bunch of smilies like a married woman having an online affair.
OOOOHHH Burn!!!!:D

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
But, to say a person who is enhancing there body by ingesting drug can in no way, shape or form be correlated with a persons phyche.
Please clarify this.
This sentance does not make any sense. You almost seem to be saying that hormones (which steroids are synthetic versions of) can not influence a persons psyche???Is that correct, or is the somewhat awkward wording throwng me off here??
P.S. While I may not have my Piled Higher and Deeper ;) (I stopped chasing degrees at the masters level) I am a clinician in the field of sports medicine and exercise science with around 200 college units under my belt and 25+ years of experiance in my field, plus many years of athletic participation and coaching as well. To say that something as easily clinically observable as the increased agression etc, that is commonly called "Roid Rage", does not exist at all, based on the filmsy evidence of the mostly flawed studies in the field of "sports psychology" is a bit of an overstatement, to say the least.. Esp when one considers the bizzare mixes, extreme dosages, and the prolonged periods of time, that people in untested evironments like pro wrestling etc are taking out in the real world.

rvr_d8
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Years ago, I dated an ex pro Baseball player turned Body Builder/Personal Trainer who admitted he used Roids and occassionally still did for the Body Building. He had some serious mood swings that were sometimes scary. He admitted to me that when he punched a man's car window out in a road rage encounter, that he believed it was the roids that made him become so Angry, and that was why he toned down his useage of them.
When I saw his fist double up in rage (the rage was directed somewhat at me), I didn't stick around to determine if it was roid related or not......I bailed out!
The Jethawks minor league Baseball team out here was forbidden from using Ripped Fuel (w/ Ephedra......back when it was legal) by the coach, because of the Bad moods swings it created when the players came down off of it!

ChumpChange
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
A look at tomorrow's new coverage.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/517/benoitfoxys7.jpg

Concept1
06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
What I think i funny is that i watched a little of that show last night and everyone said shit like he will be missed, and he is in a better place and all that shit. Im sorry but if he murdered his family he shouldnt be missed at all and he isnt in a better place at all. I hope somehow he will be able to pay for that eternally right next to Satan himself. Sorry thats just my view...

ratso
06-26-2007, 06:08 PM
He must have been over a .08

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 06:24 PM
You kill your own kid and you have no soul. End of story.
Indeed.
In the end it does not matter one bit if roids were involved or not. What he did is so bad, that no drug or mental condition could ever make me miss him one bit.:mad: I'll feel bad for his child and wife, but his death afterwords just saves us all the cost of a trial and his imprsionment and sadly his death is the least negitive part of this whole hidious ordeal.

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 06:25 PM
A BURN LOL.:idea:

3 daytona`s
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Was going to keep it to P.M`s but WTF had so many mail me is it really true?

THOR
06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Please clarify this.
This sentance does not make any sense. You almost seem to be saying that hormones (which steroids are synthetic versions of) can not influence a persons psyche???Is that correct, or is the somewhat awkward wording throwng me off here??
P.S. While I may not have my Piled Higher and Deeper ;) (I stopped chasing degrees at the masters level) I am a clinician in the field of sports medicine and exercise science with around 200 college units under my belt and 25+ years of experiance in my field, plus many years of athletic participation and coaching as well. To say that something as easily clinically observable as the increased agression etc, that is commonly called "Roid Rage", does not exist at all, based on the filmsy evidence of the mostly flawed studies in the field of "sports psychology" is a bit of an overstatement, to say the least.. Esp when one considers the bizzare mixes, extreme dosages, and the prolonged periods of time, that people in untested evironments like pro wrestling etc are taking out in the real world.
I guess my piled higher and deeper doesnt mean a thing. I guess my numerous publications mean my peers think I am full of crap too. There is no way to test human subjects with the amount of synthetic hormones that these guys take. You would never be able to pass it with the human subject testing board at a university. Ever. Hormones cause moods swing as juice does, but being cranky and blaming it on roid rage is about as far fetched as saying Benoit killed his family because he was juicing. Give me a break. This guy was a wackjob and is going straight to hell.
Give me the empirical evidence and/or studies and I will buy into what you are saying.
I guess am I a moron and am skewed since I 'chased' my degrees.
BTW, I dont even work in the field anymore because the money is a joke.

rvr_d8
06-26-2007, 07:04 PM
What I think i funny is that i watched a little of that show last night and everyone said shit like he will be missed, and he is in a better place and all that shit. Im sorry but if he murdered his family he shouldnt be missed at all and he isnt in a better place at all. I hope somehow he will be able to pay for that eternally right next to Satan himself. Sorry thats just my view...
You kill your own kid and you have no soul. End of story.
I 100% agree with you both!

ChumpChange
06-26-2007, 07:10 PM
COME ON!!! This has to get a rise out of somebody!!!:D
A look at tomorrow's new coverage.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/517/benoitfoxys7.jpg

THOR
06-26-2007, 07:13 PM
COME ON!!! This has to get a rise out of somebody!!!:D
I thought that was funny as hell CC. :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 07:14 PM
There is no way to test human subjects with the amount of synthetic hormones that these guys take. You would never be able to pass it with the human subject testing board at a university.
Exactly!!
That is why the standard of proof you are suggesting is way too high to make a sweeping statement like "it dosen't exist".
Your PHd and your peer reviewed publications mean plenty and one of the things they mean is that you know better than to make absolute statements, like the above, esp in regards to the soft science of psychology.....;)
Roid Rage does not exist as a DSM Dx, but the increased agression and violence assosiated with steroid abuse is pretty hard to totally ignore. I don't care if you call it "Roid Rage" or a "Ham Sandwich".:)
P.S. I never ment to imply that this guy was a Ward Cleever and Roid Rage made him do it. I absolutly agree that steroid abuse is not an excuse for violent behavior. To me it is just another aggravating factor....
P.P.S. I didn't mean to belittle "chasing" degrees. It is a worthy pursuit to say the least.
And yes the money is not too great, but in my case, the work is rewarding and the beifits and job security are good. You see, I run a clinic that is a gymnasium and I recondition america's veterans.
I just got in sunday from a week of coaching in Milwaukie at The Veteran's National Wheelchair Games. Hmmm perhaps that is why my comments seem to have been taken as a bit abrasisive, by you. I'm still a bit tired and I may be a bit off my normally charming game today.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Devil's Advocate
06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I dated someone who was using the steroids and he was very unstable and had a very quick breaking point and horrible temper. Awful person to deal with. I will never trust that stuff and will steer clear of anyone who does it.

ratso
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I dated someone who was using the steroids and he was very unstable and had a very quick breaking point and horrible temper. Awful person to deal with. I will never trust that stuff and will steer clear of anyone who does it.
Is that when "The Chick Fight" went down?:D

Old Texan
06-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Exactly!!
Roid Rage does not exist as a DSM Dx, but the increased agression and violence assosiated with steroid abuse is pretty hard to totally ignore. I don't care if you call it "Roid Rage" or a "Ham Sandwich".:)
There's damn sure some kind of correlation between Steroids and Rage, no matter what Thor says.
I've been around gyms and weight rooms since the 60's and witnessed enough actions of "users" to make a firm stand on the fact they have a high tendency to completely lose their tempers. Clinical evidence or not it's pretty evident.
Hey Thor, ask an exwife or girlfriend of one of these "Roid Ragers" what she believes, and there's plenty out there trust me.
http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

Devil's Advocate
06-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Is that when "The Chick Fight" went down?:D
Yeah, good call!:D :D

ratso
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, good call!:D :D
I try not to miss too much around here...:D

Devil's Advocate
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I try not to miss too much around here...:D
The boards have their stories huh?:D

THOR
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't agree with Thor's argument that Roid Rage doesn't exist because no university is allowed to study humans with a high enough level of steroids in their system.
That's like saying that Shaken Baby Syndrome doesn't exist because universities aren't allowed to shake babies until they die.
Albeit true, you arent allowed to test the former or the latter Bob. You will just have to believe me (or not) on this one. I have plenty of publications to know what I am talking about.

THOR
06-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Exactly!!
That is why the standard of proof you are suggesting is way too high to make a sweeping statement like "it dosen't exist".
Your PHd and your peer reviewed publications mean plenty and one of the things they mean is that you know better than to make absolute statements, like the above, esp in regards to the soft science of psychology.....;)
P.S. I never ment to imply that this guy was a Ward Cleever and Roid Rage made him do it. I absolutly agree that steroid abuse is not an excuse for violent behavior. To me it is just another aggravating factor....
P.P.S. I didn't mean to belittle "chasing" degrees. It is a worthy pursuit to say the least.
And yes the money is not too great, but in my case, the work is rewarding and the beifits and job security are good. You see, I run a clinic that is a gymnasium and I recondition america's veterans.
I just got in sunday from a week of coaching in Milwaukie at The Veteran's National Wheelchair Games. Hmmm perhaps that is why my comments seem to have been taken as a bit abrasisive, by you. I'm still a bit tired and I may be a bit off my normally charming game today.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)
Nice work. You should be proud. I would love to use my Kinesiology degrees, but unfortunately that wont afford the life I want for my family.
I always got a good chuckle out of the sport psych classes. They made laugh.

THOR
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't know much about roid rage, nor have I ever taken steroids, I just find it puzzling that you could say something doesn't exist simply because you're not allowed to prove the theory.
Ask Nessy or Big Foot. They will both agree with me.

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Nice work. You should be proud. I would love to use my Kinesiology degrees, but unfortunately that wont afford the life I want for my family.
I always got a good chuckle out of the sport psych classes. They made laugh.
My Kinesiology degree had duel emphisis. One was in adaptive and theraputic exercise and the other was in coaching. Not a lot of money there. However, I was fortunate that my grades and my CV were good enough to get me into post graduate therapy school, where I could find more clinical oppertunities. Besides, I didn't start my family until I had over 10 years in the VA and was a bit higher up on the pay scale. I have no regrets (professionally). In 6 years I will qualify for full retirement, then I will be a relatively youthfull 55 year old guy who is earning 2 paychecks..:)

VanDeano
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't agree with Thor's argument that Roid Rage doesn't exist because no university is allowed to study humans with a high enough level of steroids in their system.
That's like saying that Shaken Baby Syndrome doesn't exist because universities aren't allowed to shake babies until they die.
Nice analogy :idea:

ratso
06-27-2007, 05:33 AM
That doesn't make sense. People are allowed to look for the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot, and have looked, and to the best of my knowledge, no real evidence has been found to suggest they exist. Also, both of those things are tangible entities. I can say, "Well, Bigfoot doesn't exist because nobody has ever seen Bigfoot, there's no pictures of Bigfoot and no Bigfoot remains." There's no tangible proof of Bigfoot. Roid rage is not a tangible thing that one would just stumble across proof of existance.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19443010/?GT1=10056 :D

ChumpChange
06-27-2007, 05:39 AM
My Kinesiology degree had duel emphisis. One was in adaptive and theraputic exercise and the other was in coaching.
We always joked around with the Kinesiology guys in my fraternity. We'd say that when they graduate, they don't get a diploma, they get a whistle. :D

Baja Big Dog
06-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Was going to keep it to P.M`s but WTF had so many mail me is it really true?
What in the hell are you talking about and what part is confusing you? Seriously, maybe I can help. BTW, I didn't even respond to Big Baja Dog's post, as I wasn't trying to "burn" you and I wasn't even talking about you in my original post. I was talking about the idiot that killed his family and himself over three days, not exactly the frenetic pace you'd expect from a murder/suicide.
Now I'm confused, what are you saying 3 d's about P.M.'s?
The "burn was in response to the online affair comment, the "burn" was in reference to "That 70's show".

THOR
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Nice analogy :idea:
Shaken baby syndrome is an actually physical injury.
Tell me how to measure "rage" Dr. Bob. I want to hear your insight.

THOR
06-27-2007, 06:38 AM
We always joked around with the Kinesiology guys in my fraternity. We'd say that when they graduate, they don't get a diploma, they get a whistle. :D
Very true in most instances.

Baja Big Dog
06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Apparently, he received many PMs about me "burning" him. I'm really not sure what's going on. My first post in this thread was directed at the murdering scumbag, yet 3 Daytona's somehow managed to take offense to that, as he was the only person on ***boat that thought that post was directed at him. He thinks that me and you are buds and we're trying to stir some shit with him, like I have time for that. :rolleyes:
Holy shit...again, I will explain as I have before, I licked the windows on the short bus...and I get confused very easy.
Shockwave and I are NOT "buds", but on the other side we are not by any definition enemies..I'm neutral with all folks on this forum, we give each other shit, and take it in return, hence the entertainment value of this forum.
On the same note I don't know 3D's either, and have no beef, or problem with him/her. I got a P.M. from 3D's last night, but cant for the life of me figure out what the hell it means.
Again, the "burn statement was not actually directed at anyone, the statement about "online affairs" I assumed was said in jest, and then warranted my comment in a joking manner.
Actually this got a pretty good response to a one word post!!!!

HavaSkank
06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Roids make the cranium swell while it turns the nads into raisins. The oozing pustuals of body acne is also a big turn on.
Bring me a man into ass-candy...it's sooooo hot.

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Tell me how to measure "rage"
Give a gym rat super high doses of roids for a year, then put him in a room and give him an unsolvable task to do. When he starts breaking and throwning things, make him sit down and take the MMPI.:D :D :D ;)

HavaSkank
06-27-2007, 08:44 AM
I dated a guy who did a few cycles. He tells a story how he and his buddy went to the gym on CHRISTMAS MORNING and were pissed because it was closed. They circled the building trying to figure out how to break in. They were completely in raged and they risked being arrested just to get pumped.
He can admit his hysteria was completely irrational NOW...but at the time, it made complete sense to him and he felt he had every right to break down a door in order to lift.
You cant tell me or him there's it's not mind altering.

Old Texan
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Shaken baby syndrome is an actually physical injury.
Tell me how to measure "rage" Dr. Bob. I want to hear your insight.
Once again, ask an ex wife or girlfriend of a Steroid abuser.
I used to play some serious slow pitch softball with guys that got heavy into Steroids in the gym to enhance performance. Guys that I'd known personally for many years turned into "crazed maniacs" when they got to drinking after games and on road trips. The only changes in their lives were the use of steroids.
Steroid abuse is at epedemic proportions in many segments of our society. From high school kids to gym rats and pro athletes, there is a grave problem. I've never used them or felt the need to use them and I go out of my way to counsel young athletes about theadangers.
Vince McMahanon (sp) is either in denial or covering up the problems in his business. It is unbelievable the number of wrestlers dead due to steroid causes and drug abuse in the last 10-15 years. Many of those in this business come from footbal and the weight events of track and field where steroids have been used (abused)for 40+ years. Availability is no problem. Find a serious weight room any where in the country and you can have what and how much you desire in 24 hours or less.
Thor if you were to ask your question of a loved one of a "Roid Junkie" they could give you an answer that wasn't an academic thesis but it would be the truth of what is going on in these tragedies.
"Roid Rage" may not "exist" in text books or classrooms but it damn sure exists in real life. I've seen it and it is not something to take lightly.

Baja Big Dog
06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Once again, ask an ex wife or girlfriend of a Steroid abuser.
I used to play some serious slow pitch softball with guys that got heavy into Steroids in the gym to enhance performance. Guys that I'd known personally for many years turned into "crazed maniacs" when they got to drinking after games and on road trips. The only changes in their lives were the use of steroids.
Steroid abuse is at epedemic proportions in many segments of our society. From high school kids to gym rats and pro athletes, there is a grave problem. I've never used them or felt the need to use them and I go out of my way to counsel young athletes about theadangers.
Vince McMahanon (sp) is either in denial or covering up the problems in his business. It is unbelievable the number of wrestlers dead due to steroid causes and drug abuse in the last 10-15 years. Many of those in this business come from footbal and the weight events of track and field where steroids have been used (abused)for 40+ years. Availability is no problem. Find a serious weight room any where in the country and you can have what and how much you desire in 24 hours or less.
Thor if you were to ask your question of a loved one of a "Roid Junkie" they could give you an answer that wasn't an academic thesis but it would be the truth of what is going on in these tragedies.
"Roid Rage" may not "exist" in text books or classrooms but it damn sure exists in real life. I've seen it and it is not something to take lightly.
One thing for sure..Vince McMahan in a very, very smart man, he knows how much money he makes as the result of steroids....
He came out Monday talking about how tragic it was losing this great wrestler, and after thinking about what the douche bag did he was silent the next day!!

AZJD
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Why the FU#* is ***boat so FU@#ING slow today??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
I will look anyone who uses steroids right in the eye and call them a liar if they tell me it doesn't alter their attitude, (from behind a closed door). But, with that being said you cannot blame steroids for unstable people.
I will put it to you like this! It is very similar to the pitbull finger pointing... You cannot blame the pitbull for being a dog, but you can blame a pitbull for its upbringing. Steroids are going to make a person more aggressive! They are not going to make you attack! You make you attack and steroids just make the fuse burn faster. Ego and a sense of self greatness are products of doping with steroids. I know alot of people that handle their ego and check there attitude! Benoit lost it probably due alot of factors we will never know about.
All professional athletes deal with preassure to perform at a high level, finances, poularity, injury and depression. Most wrestlers are on or addicted to pain killers to keep the level of performance needed to be in the spot light. We will never know why he killed his wife and kid, but it is not because of steroids.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
How can we prove a mental disorder? Being dependent on a drug is one thing. Abusive is another.
This is not a roid rage thing since it doesnt exist. Was he severely mentally ill by killing his wife and child? No doubt. But, to say a person who is enhancing there body by ingesting drug can in no way, shape or form be correlated with a persons phyche.
Wrong THOR. Flat out, wrong.
You should do some research some time on long-term usage of Steroids (especially the "Anabolic Steroids" that were found in a certain dead wrestler's home) and the personality changes that occur.
Just in as many minuites I have a half dozen web-pages open right now, plac es like Daytona Beach Comm. College, Treatmentonline, Drugtestingnetwork, University of South Florida, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, just to mention the most supportable ones.
Developed in the 1930s, steroids have enjoyed an unfortunate resurgence among today's athletes. But the short term gains in muscle bulk and performance are far outweighed by the serious physical and psychological risks associated with steroid use.
Side affects range from acne to liver cancer. In males, steroid use can result in withered testicles, sterility and impotence. Female users can experience breast reduction and sterility. Heart attacks and strokes are health risks facing both male and female steroid users. Psychological effects in both sexes include aggressive behavior known as "roid rage" and depression
Psychological effects in both sexes include very aggressive behavior known as "roid rage" and depression. While some side effects appear quickly, others, such as heart attacks and strokes, may not show up for years.
Signs of steroid use include quick weight and muscle gains (when used in a weight training program); aggressiveness and combativeness; jaundice; purple or red spots on the body; swelling of feet and lower legs; trembling; unexplained darkening of the skin; and persistent unpleasant breath odor.
Hypertension, blood clotting and cholesterol changes, liver cysts and cancer, kidney cancer, hostility and aggression, acne; adolescents, premature stoppage of growth; in males, prostate cancer, reduced sperm production, shrunken testicles, breast enlargement; in females, menstrual irregularities, development of beard and other masculine characteristics
"'Roid Rage" is a long established fact. High-dosage steroid users TEND (not every single one do) to get very short-tempered, become very aqggressive, and combative.
Have you got any OTHER hypothesis to explain
Strangling (a very personal killing) his "estranged" wife FRI PM
Smothering (the latest I heard was via wrestling choke-hold) his son SAT AM (again, a very personal "snap")
Then, putting a bible next to each corpse (remorse & depression ?)
Hanging himself (depression suicide)?
Steroid induced aggression, followed by depression fits, AND IS A LONG PROVEN FACT.
BTW, he was, according to reports today, shooting his kid up with HGH (human growth hormone), and MAYBE steroids too.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Give me the empirical evidence and/or studies and I will buy into what you are saying.
Empirical and Case Studies.
AAS=Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids
A substantial amount of empirical research supports the AAS/aggression relationship. For instance, AAS users report higher levels of anger-arousal and hostile outlook than a group that never used AAS (Lefavi, Reeve, & Newland, 1990).
Several case studies (e.g., Pope & Katz, 1990) and retrospective evaluations of forensic records (e.g., Thilbin, Kristiansson, & Rajs, 1997) have also reported associations between AAS and aggression or other psychopathology.
(Kouri, Lukas, Pope, & Oliva, 1995). Increased "aggressive responding" in response to provocation, as compared to both placebo administration and baseline measures, followed testosterone administration. Higher scores were also reported on the Aggression Questionnaire at post testosterone as compared to baseline, largely due to increases in the Physical Aggression score.
I can usually dig up more.

AZJD
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Wrong THOR. Flat out, wrong.
You should do some research some time on long-term usage of Steroids (especially the "Anabolic Steroids" that were found in a certain dead wrestler's home) and the personality changes that occur.
Just in as many minuites I have a half dozen web-pages open right now, plac es like Daytona Beach Comm. College, Treatmentonline, Drugtestingnetwork, University of South Florida, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, just to mention the most supportable ones.
"'Roid Rage" is a long established fact. High-dosage steroid users TEND (not every single one do) to get very short-tempered, become very aqggressive, and combative.
Have you got any OTHER hypothesis to explain
Strangling (a very personal killing) his "estranged" wife FRI PM
Smothering (the latest I heard was via wrestling choke-hold) his son SAT AM (again, a very personal "snap")
Then, putting a bible next to each corpse (remorse & depression ?)
Hanging himself (depression suicide)?
Steroid induced aggression, followed by depression fits, AND IS A LONG PROVEN FACT.
BTW, he was, according to reports today, shooting his kid up with HGH (human growth hormone), and MAYBE steroids too.
This is way more than roid rage..... This guy is screwed up bad.
Shooting your kid up with HGH???????:(

THOR
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I used to play some serious slow pitch softball
Who and where did you play. I played Major/AA ball for a few years and got to travel the United States and had a great time. There are so many guys in slow pitch on the juice. It is insane.

THOR
06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=SmokinLowriderSS;2644035]Wrong THOR. Flat out, wrong.
QUOTE]
If you say I am wrong then you MUST be right. Do you even know what empirical evidence is?
First, tell me how to measure aggression? What scale are you using? How do you measure anger? If a guy is a level 5 in terms of anger, what does that mean?
Please explain since you are the all knowing. Dont quote studies that you havent read, and furthermore dont know how they collected data. These authors can certainly infer results and make observations because that is part of the research process. But, did you find out how they measure 'rage'? When I have a bout of rage, I get really pissed and settle down by having a few beers at the end of the day. How do I measure on your scale?

AZJD
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=SmokinLowriderSS;2644035]Wrong THOR. Flat out, wrong.
QUOTE]
If you say I am wrong then you MUST be right. Do you even know what empirical evidence is?
First, tell me how to measure aggression? What scale are you using? How do you measure anger? If a guy is a level 5 in terms of anger, what does that mean?
Please explain since you are the all knowing. Dont quote studies that you havent read, and furthermore dont know how they collected data. These authors can certainly infer results and make observations because that is part of the research process. But, did you find out how they measure 'rage'? When I have a bout of rage, I get really pissed and settle down by having a few beers at the end of the day. How do I measure on your scale?
Hey Craig, not to argue with you, but when I did some steroids once upon a time I wanted to knock peoples teeth out on a frequent basis..........Now I have learned to channel my aggression into drinking and long romantic walks on the beach!:D

THOR
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=THOR;2644155]
Hey Craig, not to argue with you, but when I did some steroids once upon a time I wanted to knock peoples teeth out on a frequent basis..........Now I have learned to channel my aggression into drinking and long romantic walks on the beach!:D
Steroids made you gay? ;)

ChumpChange
06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
More info...interesting but doesn't change what ultimately happened.
Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome; speculation over whether pressure was too much
Written: June 27, 2007WWE.com learned from an interview conducted Tuesday by Vancouver’s News1130 that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel possibly suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed-on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities, to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.
In the interview with News1130, Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X Syndrome, recounted how she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.
“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in B.C. and in Canada; we only have a couple of them,” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”
A source close to Benoit recalls similar conversations with him, where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism.” This source quotes Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone, which was another symptom of his disability.” Benoit also claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.
Winthrope discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News1130, she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrope added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy -- they don't tell you."
A co-worker and long-time friend of the Benoits speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniel’s illness had gotten to him, causing him to snap and take the lives of his wife and son before taking his own.
“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason), he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead? Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state, did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing, but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this.”

Old Texan
06-28-2007, 04:31 AM
Who and where did you play. I played Major/AA ball for a few years and got to travel the United States and had a great time. There are so many guys in slow pitch on the juice. It is insane.
Played in TX in 80's. We played mostly metro tourney's and state stuff. Sounds like you played a higher level than myself. I was in it mainly for the beer drinking and liked to hit hoime runs. Just an old slowed down ex jock. :D Slow pitch was ruined when all the "sissies" started limiting home runs. My legs pretty much had given out by this point anyway.:D
Big teams around here were Port City Ford, Nelson's Paint out of OK, then the Smythe Sox. Mike Parrot, Bruce Meade, Danny Basso, Prince Williams played in Houston. Course Meade played alot of places.
The alltime crazy team to come to town I recall was Steele's. Big Scottie Virkis had to be the most obnoxious, fun to listen to character in the sport. Mike Macenko and Craig Elliot could "lose" a lot of balls.

THOR
06-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Played in TX in 80's. We played mostly metro tourney's and state stuff. Sounds like you played a higher level than myself. I was in it mainly for the beer drinking and liked to hit hoime runs. Just an old slowed down ex jock. :D Slow pitch was ruined when all the "sissies" started limiting home runs. My legs pretty much had given out by this point anyway.:D
Big teams around here were Port City Ford, Nelson's Paint out of OK, then the Smythe Sox. Mike Parrot, Bruce Meade, Danny Basso, Prince Williams played in Houston. Course Meade played alot of places.
The alltime crazy team to come to town I recall was Steele's. Big Scottie Virkis had to be the most obnoxious, fun to listen to character in the sport. Mike Macenko and Craig Elliot could "lose" a lot of balls.
I had the distinct pleasure of playing with Craig and Scott Elliot along the Mike Macenko. Bruce Meade is still a "volunteer" fireman that shows up to the fireman olympics. Very nice guy.
I was also fortunate enough to get paid, but not as much as the "big" boys. There are a few guys that make 100K per year hitting a softball if you can believe that.
Remember Steeles, Campbell Carpets, Howard's, Elite Coatings, Superior, Ritches?