PDA

View Full Version : Tatoo artist in Huntington or Newport area????

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone know of a good tattoo guy/girl in the OC?? :)
Thanks!!

DesertGirl
06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Ditto on the Costa mesa tattoo. Got mine by the same guy, he does good work.

Nord
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Getting a "Tramp Stamp" Mel? Make sure its something original like Tribal Barbwire around a heart or Stars or something like that ;)

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Getting a "Tramp Stamp" Mel? Make sure its something original like Tribal Barbwire around a heart or Stars or something like that ;)
No stars or tribal Nord!! This one actually means something to me...not a stupid trend :devil: :D

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Go to Costa Mesa Tattoo and see Mike Spasbo. He has done various freestyle motocross names, Twitch, Mike Metzger, also different musicians such as Kottonmouth Kings, and members of NOFX. Tell him John Granlund sent you.
Thank you!!! I will give him a call! :) He is probably totally booked up huh?? I have to wait until after the 4th river trip anyway!!

HalletDave
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
or a "W" on each azz cheek for that WoW affect;) :D

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
You putting "Billdo" on your back?:D

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Are you on crack??? lol... No way!:)

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Are you on crack??? lol... No way!:)
LOL...:D ;)

Nord
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
ahahaaaa!!! :D :devil:

DesertGirl
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
:D You putting "Billdo" on your back?:D
ROTFLMAO :D :D

Markos
06-26-2007, 10:02 AM
or a "W" on each azz cheek for that WoW affect;) :D
and you could stand on your head on Mothers day for a great gift for mom!:idea:

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
No stars or tribal Nord!! This one actually means something to me...not a stupid trend :devil: :D
Is this one going to be Tigger or Piglet? :D ;)
I am going to wait until after the summer for mine. Probably 4 hours in the chair. Last thing I need is to get it F'ed up by the sun or water! :(

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
I am going to wait until after the summer for mine. Probably 4 hours in the chair. Last thing I need is to get it F'ed up by the sun or water! :(
let me know who you find....I need some work and would like ome one that i creative and good freehand.

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 10:09 AM
let me know who you find....I need some work and would like ome one that i creative and good freehand.
Will do. I am still looking for a good artist too. One that I found is down in Newport and is English from English Ink. He does work that is EXTREME in detail which is what I want. My piece is definitely going to have a lot of detail to it. I have seen some of his work that is 10 years old and still looks as good as the day it was done. The only problem is that he is booked 2-3 months out and is $$$. I would much rather pay more and get it done right the first time than to have someone say "what the heck is that blob supposed to be." ;)
My design is almost finished so once I get that in my hand and finalized, then I will start actively looking for an artist. :)

MAINEVENT
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I told u go see my artist... he did alot on my sleeve freehand and flows killer... He's got a heavy hand tho so no pussies allowed...:devil: Sat 6hrs and probably have at least another 12 to 14 to go... Call Him Up Frank Ball at Classic Tattoo in Fullerton...

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Will do. I am still looking for a good artist too. One that I found is down in Newport and is English from English Ink. He does work that is EXTREME in detail which is what I want. My piece is definitely going to have a lot of detail to it. I have seen some of his work that is 10 years old and still looks as good as the day it was done. The only problem is that he is booked 2-3 months out and is $$$. I would much rather pay more and get it done right the first time than to have someone say "what the heck is that blob supposed to be." ;)
My design is almost finished so once I get that in my hand and finalized, then I will start actively looking for an artist. :)
cool deal...
The whole booking 2-3 months out thing sucks. I barely know what I am doing tommorow let alone that far down the road.
I need to finish up my arm. I want to half sleeve it and add some detail. I probably already have 5-7 hours in what I already have.(2 days)

Nord
06-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Tattoos are for posers..............

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Unfortunatly this is not going to be of the Pooh family. I do want to add a hefalump though!! lol....

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Unfortunatly this is not going to be of the Pooh family. I do want to add a hefalump though!! lol....
So, what is this one going to be of? :idea: A chinese symbol??? ;)

76ANTHONY
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
finally gettin my name on your back huh? i knew you would:D :D :D
76ANTHONY tlf:D
or how bout IHBGFC

syke-o
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
steve godoy(sp) from outer liimits on chapman did my last one... he does really good work..

frdvschvy
06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Joe Riley at Outer Limits Tattoo in Costa Mesa. Been working on a quarter sleeve for me and very pleased with the work. Get compliments on the work any time the shirt is off.

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Joe Riley at Outer Limits Tattoo in Costa Mesa. Been working on a quarter sleeve for me and very pleased with the work. Get compliments on the work any time the shirt is off.
This post is worthless without pics!!!! :D

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
This post is worthless without pics!!!! :D
Answer the question... What are you getting??? :D ;)

SHADOW23
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I must agree with you. English from English Ink just finished one for me last month. His work is simply incredible, definitely worth the wait.

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I must agree with you. English from English Ink just finished one for me last month. His work is simply incredible, definitely worth the wait.
What did you get? I have heard that he does a lot of single needle stuff. Takes much more time, but turns out awesome at the end. :)

Nord
06-26-2007, 12:25 PM
There is a guy in Covina that has won multiple awards at the "Ink Slingers Ball", I can't remember his name, but I will get it for you. He too has a 2-3 month wait, but IMO that is not a big deal for something that is going to be on you for the rest of your life. The other thing is you need to go ahead and book someone because 3 months is plenty of time to get what you need idea wise together. My tattoo took between 4-6 hours and it is single needle. I took my time in choosing the guy. To this day I don't regret my tattoo, but I did have the artwork hanging in my room for about 2 years before I got it :)

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Answer the question... What are you getting??? :D ;)
You know me too well D!! I was avoiding the question!! :)

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
You know me too well D!! I was avoiding the question!! :)
I know. That is why I am calling you out!!!
What are you getting???

RiverDave
06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks!!
Melissa, don't be like every other chick on the planet in O.C. and at the river nowdayz.. Be original and go original. ;)
RD

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Melissa, don't be like every other chick on the planet in O.C. and at the river nowdayz.. Be original and go original. ;)
RD
Not getting one to be cool or trendy....just something personal for myself.

Bense468
06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Daniel Albrigo
Check him out.

SHADOW23
06-26-2007, 12:52 PM
What did you get? I have heard that he does a lot of single needle stuff. Takes much more time, but turns out awesome at the end. :)
Got a pirate portrait on the right shoulder in all black and grey. Came out awesome, incredible shading. Will never see another artist again.

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Got a pirate portrait on the right shoulder in all black and grey. Came out awesome, incredible shading. Will never see another artist again.
That is what I have heard. How long was your appointment wait? :)

Nord
06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Where on your body are you going to get it Mel?

SHADOW23
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
That is what I have heard. How long was your appointment wait? :)
It took about 2 1/2 months to get in. about 4 in the chair. I couldn't believe all the detail in 4 hours. Makes my other tat look like shiat now. Guess I have to go back and have him fix the other one.

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
It took about 2 1/2 months to get in. about 4 in the chair. I couldn't believe all the detail in 4 hours. Makes my other tat look like shiat now. Guess I have to go back and have him fix the other one.
HAHA. Everyone has been telling me that mine is going to be about 4-6 hours. It is going to be about 8" x 8" on my back. Might have to do it in 2 sittings. :(

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Where on your body are you going to get it Mel?
Tramp Stamp, Target, whatever you want to call it. ;)

Nord
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
If your going to get a tattoo on a part of you that you can't even see yourself, I don't know how that would be personal. Now I know there are plenty of people who will defend their tattoos they can't see on themselves, but in all reality, you should get a tattoo for yourself, not everyone else.

riverbound
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I wouldnt doubt it.

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I wouldnt doubt it.
Wouldn't be the first time she put Bill on her back!!!;):D:devil::idea:

Nord
06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't be the first time she put Bill on her back!!!;):D:devil::idea:
Hey we got Bob Saget over here..........OH!!!:D

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
If your going to get a tattoo on a part of you that you can't even see yourself, I don't know how that would be personal. Now I know there are plenty of people who will defend their tattoos they can't see on themselves, but in all reality, you should get a tattoo for yourself, not everyone else.
EXACTLY!!!! You all are just going to have to wait!! (It is nothing spectacular or large, not a big deal)

BADBLOWN572
06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
EXACTLY!!!! You all are just going to have to wait!! (It is nothing spectacular or large, not a big deal)
If it is no big deal, then why not tell us what it is??? :D ;)

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
If it is no big deal, then why not tell us what it is??? :D ;)
Because you will probably tease me about it..... :(

riverbound
06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Because you will probably tease me about it..... :(
We are going to tease you about it anyways

barbigrl
06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
You make a very good point!! But I am not announcing it on ***boat.

Nord
06-26-2007, 03:58 PM
lol:D

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
All this tatoo talk got me thinking about the old tatoo joke.....:idea:
A prostitute is talking to a drunken wino who is sitting next to her on a park bench. She pulls up her skirt a little bit and she points to a tattoo of Madonna on her inner right thigh and says “do you recognize this face”? He says no. She points to a tattoo of Elvis on her inner left thigh, and she says “do you recognize this face”? He says no.
Getting frustrated, she proceeds to pull her skirt all the way up and squats down in front of the wino and says, “come on, take a closer look”, pointing to both tattoos on her thighs.
He gets closer between her legs, looks from one side to the other over and over, and finally says, “I don’t recognize those two but the one in the middle with the bad breath is Willie Nelson”……
:) :) ;)

Cole Trickle
06-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey we got Bob Saget over here..........OH!!!:D
Would you like it better if she got a N on her left butt cheek and a RD on the right?:D:eek:

Nord
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Would you like it better if she got a N on her left butt cheek and a RD on the right?:D:eek:
Perfect!!!:D

76ANTHONY
06-26-2007, 04:46 PM
You make a very good point!! But I am not announcing it on ***boat.
I TOLD YOU YOU COULD TELL EVERYONE, sheeesh, ok here it is
76ANTHONY TLF
IHBGFC, pres
:eek: :D :D :D

BADBLOWN572
06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I TOLD YOU YOU COULD TELL EVERYONE, sheeesh, ok here it is
76ANTHONY TLF
IHBGFC, pres
:eek: :D :D :D
Thats not it. I finally got her to break down and tell me what it is. :eek:
What is it worth to everyone? :devil: ;) :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks!!
Gordo has a great guy I am going to go see with Mel.:D

Jordy
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
What is it worth to everyone? :devil: ;) :D
I suppose the first step would be finding someone who actually cared in the first place, and then see if they have a quarter for the info you have to sell. :D :D :D

BADBLOWN572
06-28-2007, 08:39 AM
I suppose the first step would be finding someone who actually cared in the first place, and then see if they have a quarter for the info you have to sell. :D :D :D
This info is probably worth a little more than a quarter. I was thinking about $.75 from 2-3 board members. That way I could run down to the store and get a foty of Ol'E. ;) :D

Jordy
06-28-2007, 08:43 AM
This info is probably worth a little more than a quarter. I was thinking about $.75 from 2-3 board members. That way I could run down to the store and get a foty of Ol'E. ;) :D
I think you just priced yourself right out of the market... being all greedy, and shit. :notam: :idea: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34007&stc=1&d=1183048965