PDA

View Full Version : Blown V drive engine water temps???

flattie
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I have need to get the water temp up on my v-drive the problem is I shut the outgoing water off to build some temp then more water goes to the headers t-valve. So What can I do to make this work better??? It also has to look good as this is not only a every weekend boat but it is a show boat also.
This boat gets ran at a kind of weedy lake so putting a pill at the water injection line is kinda out of the question, Do they make a stiffer spring for the t valve. Has anyone ever force fed the headers from the bottom of the boat??? I have an extra pick up on my deal for the v drive that I dont use

sleekcrafter
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Have you considered a Banderlog valve? electronically activated. It also has a strainer to help keep the weeds out of the valve and lines. The water comes on at 1500 or 2000 rpm's. Run this unit before your water valve for controlling engine temp.

Unchained
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Rick,
Are you using a Magnaflow pump ?
Detroit Jim told me he T'eed off the pump pressure line to dump some flow to get the temps up. Maybe start with a small line and work your way up.

BA Kurtis
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I had the same problem not getting enough heat so I did what Unchained mentioned only I ran from a T on the pump to a gate valve and then to dump, it works good I can regulate water flow with gate valve the more I open the valve the hoter the motor runs.

flattie
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Got a diagram Im not following you. My water pump has 1 out with a t valve on it. Mike kuhl pump

flattie
06-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Nevermind I figured it out

DetroitJim
06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
My setup used a Magnaflow but the same thing can be done with a single outlet. You need to have separate control over flow and pressure. I rigged a bypass hose from the pump to the overboard dump, with ball valves on the pump outlet, bypass, and overboard dumps. This way the water flow and block pressure can be set anywhere you want. The header water came off of the back of the intake manifold
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCN0297.JPG

HONDOG
06-27-2007, 12:02 AM
As for your question about force feed off the bottom, this works pretty well. Does the same thing basicly as the "t valve" as there will not be enough pressure at idle to push water up into the headers. Ran mine that way for years when I used to run wet headers.

flattie
06-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks guys for all the solutions, I went out and got a stiffer spring for the t valve Im going to try this 1st then try a few other things