PDA

View Full Version : Who has their own web site with......

OutCole'd
02-15-2006, 09:13 AM
e commerce or a shopping cart set up?
I have a question.

Sleek-Jet
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Try getting ahold of HavasuDoug...

Havasu Doug
02-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Mine's REALLY basic, but what's the question?

OutCole'd
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Mine's REALLY basic, but what's the question?
I'm looking for to do another web site and want to add e commerce to it. Just curious how it works. After an order is placed, does it automatically run the credit card charge, then you print a report and ship the product?
What is the best e commerce program?
Thanks for any help.

Havasu Doug
02-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm looking for to do another web site and want to add e commerce to it. Just curious how it works. After an order is placed, does it automatically run the credit card charge, then you print a report and ship the product?
What is the best e commerce program?
Thanks for any help.
I currently just run my sales through PayPal, but I may step up to Miva Merchant soon. That's what Rex Marine uses at www.rexmar.com. To do that though, you have to set up merchant services somewhere to handle the credit card stuff. I have not done this yet. In the meantime, my customers can pay by credit card and PayPal keeps a small portion of it. This is a low budget way to start or an option if you don't know if your sales will support a higher costing merchant system.
Your web host might have an e-commerce option to handle the web portion of it (secured server, shopping cart, etc).

OutCole'd
02-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I currently just run my sales through PayPal, but I may step up to Miva Merchant soon. That's what Rex Marine uses at www.rexmar.com. To do that though, you have to set up merchant services somewhere to handle the credit card stuff. I have not done this yet. In the meantime, my customers can pay by credit card and PayPal keeps a small portion of it. This is a low budget way to start or an option if you don't know if your sales will support a higher costing merchant system.
Your web host might have an e-commerce option to handle the web portion of it (secured server, shopping cart, etc).
I currently have merchant services through my business. My web site now is info only and you have to make contact to make a purchase which sucks. I would way rather just click & buy than talk to some sales person when I'm on the net.
So now, I'm just looking at how the e commerce thing works.
Thanks for the info Doug!

JB in so cal
02-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I currently have merchant services through my business. My web site now is info only and you have to make contact to make a purchase which sucks. I would way rather just click & buy than talk to some sales person when I'm on the net.
So now, I'm just looking at how the e commerce thing works.
Thanks for the info Doug!
Made enough butt plugs to go public, huh? Congrats! :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
02-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Made enough butt plugs to go public, huh? Congrats! :rolleyes:
Thanks to all your purchases, that answer would be, YES !!!!!
Have fun in Mammoth, when you leaving?

JB in so cal
02-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks to all your purchases, that answer would be, YES !!!!!
Have fun in Mammoth, when you leaving?
Tomorrow. Suppose to snow quite a bit, too. Can't wait. You going Kartin'?

OutCole'd
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Tomorrow. Suppose to snow quite a bit, too. Can't wait. You going Kartin'?
No kartin, everyone is skeered & leaving town I guess.

JB in so cal
02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
No kartin, everyone is skeered & leaving town I guess.
Maybe not Royal; his truck blew the turbo and intercooler. May be in town, but not by choice!

ROZ
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Maybe not Royal; his truck blew the turbo and intercooler. May be in town, but not by choice!
kinda reminds me of the old life cereal Mikey commercials...lol
Get RR to blow it, he blows anything... :D
OC,
I hope your plugs are sanded and varnished.. I'd hate JB to sue you because of sphincter splinters... :D

Mandelon
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Bill, a friend of mine can help you out. I will send you his info when I get back to the shop. He builds sites professionally.
i just got from Mammoth....it was warm and sunny every day....but they said more snow was coming..

roostwear
02-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I used to have a credit card gateway that directly deposited sales to my bank account. There are some pros and cons to it, though. The main con is the gateway company will have a minimum you must meet each month (minimum at the discount rate). Don't hit the minimum? You owe the balance. If you have the volume, it's not an issue. The discount rate is around 2.5-3% depending upon which cards you accept and which is used. Many gateways also offer the ability to manually enter CC #s to your gateway account.
Word of warning.... stay away from Bluepay!
Shopping carts are all over the place. One that is free is an open source cart called OS Commerce. It's OK, and is easily integrated into your gateway account.
I dropped my gateway and setup Paypal links.... alot less headache, and you'll save a little on the fees over the discount rate.