PDA

View Full Version : Here They Come - 7000 of Them

dirty old man
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
The US is allowing 7000 Iraqui refugees to come to the US. Just what we need, 7000 more non-English speaking, untrained, to go on our welfair roles

RiverDave
06-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Unbelievable.. :(
How long till shit starts exploding over here?
Not very long.
RD

Froggystyle
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Without being too racist here... If I were to name one group of immigrants that has brought themselves nearly into 100% assimilation in our society, started meaningful businesses and employed a lot of people, adopted the American way of life, learned the language and became productive, wealthy people quickly... I would have to use the Iraqi/Chaldean people as my example.
Every single one that I have met is the most Pro-Bush, Pro-America person you could imagine. Two that I know really well watched as family members were hung by light poles by Saddam. Both have kids in the US military now, and own their own businesses. I get along with them great.
ALL that I have met have come here legally as well. I don't know of a single illegal Iraqi. Same can't be said for any other race that I know personally.
Hard working, pro-American, military families I have found. Iraq is a ****ed up place right now. They want to leave... who could blame them
Give me their phone numbers. I will hire some when they get here.

Chromegorilla
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I work with a guy who fled Iraq in the late 80's. Even though he is "Iraqi" he is actually Kurdish. he had a choice, join Saddams Army or be executed. He fled the country the first chance he got. He's been a legal alien in the US ever since. For a while he worked as a "translator" ( :idea: ) for the US in Gitmo.... now he works with me in the Gulf of Mexico and he's one hell of a good worker and a nice guy too. He hated Saddam and his cronies more than I ever did.....

Nord
06-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I hope they like cowboy boots!!!:)

WYRD
06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I wonder how many are sleeper cells awaiting orders form known terrorist:confused: :( I am all for helping others but I think we need to look within our own borders first:idea: :)

spectras only
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with Froggy on this one . In Canada we have our fair share of immigrants [ including me ;) :) ] and by far I'd choose Iraqis over Chineese . You'll find every nationality known to the universe at the company I work for :sqeyes: :D