PDA

View Full Version : Worker dies at La Costa Golf Course

Miss Perfect
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
The news is saying that a maintenance woker was found dead after he fell into a pond and drowned. This is really sad....but seriously. Last month we had the guy that died by crashing his golf cart and now someone drowns in a pond. San Diegan golfers must be pretty high up in the gene pool.

Ziggy
06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
How sad :(

riverroyal
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
The news is saying that a maintenance woker was found dead after he fell into a pond and drowned. This is really sad....but seriously. Last month we had the guy that died by crashing his golf cart and now someone drowns in a pond. San Diegan golfers must be pretty high up in the gene pool.
the ponds have mud in the bottom,you cant walk out of one,you would need to swim all the way to the grass

STV_Keith
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
the ponds have mud in the bottom,you cant walk out of one,you would need to swim all the way to the grass
How far from the edge could you "fall" in? I mean, did he get a running start?

riverroyal
06-26-2007, 02:51 PM
How far from the edge could you "fall" in? I mean, did he get a running start?
maybe he was chasing a ball

riverroyal
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
some of the ponds there have a good 2 to 3 feet of a straight drop to the water.I used to sneek in and fish there as a kid.So if he slipped,and cant swim,well he is going to have much luck

mobldj
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
as many balls that us hackers hit in the water you should be able to stand up and walk out!

Stoneman
06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Most golf course ponds are built very steep at the edges to keep golfers from being able to retrieve their lost balls. Added revenue for the course.
All the old giesers I golf with use a golf ball retiever with an extending handle, which will extend 12 to 15 ft. funny part is most of these guys have a garage full of golf balls.

BarryMac
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
He was probably in a trance after staring at your avatar... They should bounce... ;)