PDA

View Full Version : New Laws....July 1st.

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
IF YOU GET THIS EMAIL FROM ONE OF YORU BRO'S DONT BELIEVE IT, IT IS WRONG!!, HOWS THAT BAJAMIKE, ANY CHANCE I CAN BE FORGIVEN???
I must be getting old, but these are good ones!!!
OK Everyone - Lets pay attention!!!
New Driving Fines for 2007
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271
posted
on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is
going to be double. 3rd time
triple, and 4th time license suspended.
2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid
lines
or intersections.
3. Block intersection - $485
4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of
07/01/07.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers
and
drivers get tickets .
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.This one sucks!!
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while
driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy -
easy money
for police department. OUCH!
This one should be tripled for Asians...

Miss Perfect
06-26-2007, 02:58 PM
This is not totally correct. The 1st time fine for driving in the carpool lane is 300ish, not over a thousand. And the "hands free" does not go into effect until 2008.

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
All total BS......check with Snopes before you pass on these Internet rumors.......:idea:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
All total BS......check with Snopes before you pass on these Internet rumors.......:idea:
I EDITED MY POST, AND WILL CHECK SNOPES IN THE FUTURE. Please accept my sincere apologies for this blatant mistake.

my21advantage
06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Isn't that what HB is all about :idea: :jawdrop: passing on rumors

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
IF YOU GET THIS EMAIL FROM ONE OF YORU BRO'S DONT BELIEVE IT, IT IS WRONG!!, HOWS THAT BAJAMIKE, ANY CHANCE I CAN BE FORGIVEN???
This one (about cell phone hands free driving) should be tripled for Asians and women (edited by BajaMike)...
Ok, you're forgiven.....damn, I wish I knew how to post in RED!:sqeyes:
:D

Cheap Thrills
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, you're forgiven.....damn, I wish I knew how to post in RED!:sqeyes:
:D
[ COLOR="Red"] your text here [ /COLOR]
Less the spaces with text in between. :D
T.

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
[ COLOR="Red"] your text here [ /COLOR]
Less the spaces with text in between. :D
T.
Cool!
:o

RiverDave
06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
This is not totally correct. The 1st time fine for driving in the carpool lane is 300ish, not over a thousand. And the "hands free" does not go into effect until 2008.
Miss perfect I was told down here (San Diego) that CA law would go hands free in July of 07? Was I told wrong? Anyone?
RD

Beer-30
06-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I believe the 07/2007 is correct for hands-free, but I will check.
The $ amounts are not necessarily correct. Every court has a different bail/assessment schedule. A seatbelt ticket might be $22 dollars in Van Nuys and might be $52 in San Diego.
For instance: Back in circa 1995, a burning object thrown from a car (Paul Buzzo act) was set to be $261. In LA county, it was generally double due to the Malibu fires.

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Miss perfect I was told down here (San Diego) that CA law would go hands free in July of 07? Was I told wrong? Anyone?
RD
I was told the same thing. But was afraid to say something....I think if it was 07 we would have heard more about it from the media. And I'm sure the Asians would have staged a protest in a park in Garden Grove and fly the flag of their Asian counties!!
They would have thrown fish heads at the cops and created a real mess!!!

Beer-30
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's a quote:
An act to amend Sections 12810.3 and 23123 of, and to add Section
23122 23124 to, the Vehicle Code,
relating to vehicles.
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST
SB 33, as amended, Simitian. Vehicles: wireless telephones and
mobile service devices.
(1) Under existing law, on and after July 1, 2008, it will be an
infraction for any person to drive a motor vehicle while using a
wireless telephone, unless that telephone is designed and configured
to allow hands-free listening and talking operation, and is used in
that manner while driving, except as otherwise provided. A violation
point is not given for a violation.
This bill, on and after July 1, 2008, would prohibit a person
under the age of 18 years from driving a motor vehicle while using a
wireless telephone equipped with a hands-free device or while using a
mobile service device, as defined. The prohibition would not apply
to such a person using a wireless telephone or a mobile service
device for emergency purposes. By creating a new infraction, the bill
would impose a state-mandated local program.
The bill would prohibit a law enforcement officer from stopping a
vehicle for the sole purpose of determining whether the driver is
violating the above prohibition, but would not prohibit a law
enforcement officer from stopping a vehicle for the purpose of
determining whether the driver is using a wireless telephone without
a hands-free device.

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Is this section a little confusing????
"The bill would prohibit a law enforcement officer from stopping a
a hands-free device."
:confused:

Beer-30
06-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Here's from the book:
23123. (a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a) of Section 42001 or any other provision of law, a violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a base fine of twenty dollars ($20) for a first offense and fifty dollars ($50) for each subsequent offense.
(c) This section does not apply to a person using a wireless telephone for emergency purposes, including, but not limited to, an emergency call to a law enforcement agency, health care provider, fire department, or other emergency services agency or entity.
(d) This section does not apply to an emergency services professional using a wireless telephone while operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section 165, in the course and scope of his or her duties.
(e) This section does not apply to a person when using a digital two-way radio that utilizes a wireless telephone that operates by depressing a push-to-talk feature and does not require immediate proximity to the ear of the user, and the person is driving one of the following vehicles:
(1) (A) A motor truck, as defined in Section 410, or a truck tractor, as defined in Section 655, that requires either a commercial class A or class B driverÂ’s license to operate.
(B) The exemption under subparagraph (A) does not apply to a person driving a pickup truck, as defined in Section 471.
(2) An implement of husbandry that is listed or described in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 36000) of Division 16.
(3) A farm vehicle that is exempt from registration and displays an identification plate as specified in Section 5014 and is listed in Section 36101.
(4) A commercial vehicle, as defined in Section 260, that is registered to a farmer and driven by the farmer or an employee of the farmer, and is used in conducting commercial agricultural operations, including, but not limited to, transporting agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to, or from, a farm.
(5) A tow truck, as defined in Section 615.
(f) This section does not apply to a person driving a schoolbus or transit vehicle that is subject to Section 23125.
(g) This section does not apply to a person while driving a motor vehicle on private property.
(h) This section shall become operative on July 1, 2008, and shall remain in effect only until July 1, 2011, and, as of July 1, 2011, is repealed.

Beer-30
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Is this section a little confusing????
"The bill would prohibit a law enforcement officer from stopping a
a hands-free device."
:confused:
I thought that very same thing! It'll probably be changed around 4 or 5 times until they are 100% happy with the section.

Miss Perfect
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
RD
I saw it on the news this morning. They said that they might issue warnings as of 7/1/07, but you will not get a ticket in San Diego until 7/1/08.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
:jawdrop: sorry to those of you I passed it on to. :jawdrop:

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I like 2 and 3, the rest I could live or die without.
Yea....the farm vehicle exemption......:idea:
""(e) This section does not apply to a person when using a digital two-way radio that utilizes a wireless telephone that operates by depressing a push-to-talk feature and does not require immediate proximity to the ear of the user, and the person is driving one of the following vehicles:
(1) (A) A motor truck, as defined in Section 410, or a truck tractor, as defined in Section 655, that requires either a commercial class A or class B driver’s license to operate.
(B) The exemption under subparagraph (A) does not apply to a person driving a pickup truck, as defined in Section 471.
(2) An implement of husbandry that is listed or described in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 36000) of Division 16.
(3) A farm vehicle that is exempt from registration and displays an identification plate as specified in Section 5014 and is listed in Section 36101.
(4) A commercial vehicle, as defined in Section 260, that is registered to a farmer and driven by the farmer or an employee of the farmer, and is used in conducting commercial agricultural operations, including, but not limited to, transporting agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to, or from, a farm.""
:idea:
So if you're driving a farm truck or tractor, emergency vehicle, tow truck or a regular vehicle and you are calling for emergency services (makes sense) ....it's ok......:jawdrop: Or, if you're driving a pickup truck and throw a bale of hay in the back (next to your ice chest, beach chairs, and boat stuff cause you're towing a boat to the river).....it's ok to talk on the phone without a handsfree device??
The above makes sense, and I really like my lawyers, but do you understand why Shakespeare said "kill all the lawyers".......:jawdrop: The shit is just un-readable.
:mad:

BajaMike
06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
:jawdrop: sorry to those of you I passed it on to. :jawdrop:
I don't think sending it out a year early is a problem......if people start following those rules on 7/07 it would probably be a good thing....maybe start on 07/07/2007, just for good luck!
:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think sending it out a year early is a problem......if people start following those rules on 7/07 it would probably be a good thing....maybe start on 07/07/2007, just for good luck!
:)
LOL!! and hit Vegas.. :D :D