PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Trailers

Railton
01-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Competitive trailers?
I have an old dual axle for my 76 Sanger that I would like to buy some new parts for.

old rigger
01-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Call 562-634-2006. Ask for Danny.

Railton
01-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Thanks Old Rigger!
Any idea about V & M Trailers becuase to tell you the truth it might be the latter than the former...

old rigger
01-14-2002, 08:34 PM
No, I don’t know anything about V&M. Sorry. I do remember A&M Trailers that was in Bellflower, off of Lakewood Blvd. They were in one of Schusters buildings. Where Completive is now, they were at the opposite of the 3 buildings, off of Cedar ST. They are long gone as well.
I do use a place now and then when I need a part for an older trailer. The are G.&C. Miller, inc. They are a good source for obsolete seals and bearings, and have saved my butt more than once.... Good luck
Oh yeah, their # is 310-921-9788

Railton
01-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Is there a way of telling who the manufacturer is by the way the trailer is built? There's no plate or identification on the trailer any longer. Don't know why. For instance, the bow eyelet piece is 1" square tubing, the front section where the tongue meets the frame rails has a curved top portion, chromed fenders and steps each side of each fender. It also turns on a dime for a 26' long trailer!!!
You guessed it, I'm after seals and bearings!

Backfire
01-15-2002, 09:07 PM
I don't know of and trlr Manufacturers that make their own axles, springs, shackles, lights or fenders. Most hubs with a 5 lug pattern take standard sized bearings and seals. Carefully remove and clean your bearings and seals and you should be able to find numbers that any auto parts store can cross reference and most likely provide replacements directly from their shelves. If they won't work with you, a specialty bearing house like King Bearing should be able to fix you up. The same advice works for bearings and seals for obsolete v-drives!

Railton
01-16-2002, 12:34 PM
I hear ya Backfire but there's a diffrence in what is available here in "The Great White North" and what is available to you in the "Land of the Brave". (ie: Lots more...)
Would you believe I can't even find the right size dustcap that fits the center bearing here?

spectras only
01-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Railton, I hear ya, I have a 76 fotografix trailer for my 20 spectra that uses those hubcaps with the center hole for the bearing buddies.One out of four I'd like to replace,but the problem is, it's one size bigger than the ones you can still find at the trailer and RV places.Some of these things became rare as hen's teeth http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

old rigger
01-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Spectras only,
the last time I went to G C Miller was to get seals and bearings for the fotografix that is under the 20 spectra that I have. Its a '73. Nobody around here had the seals for the thing, not even King Bearing. This place did. I didn't check for the hubcaps, but if you call them and they got 'em, I'd be happy to pick up the parts and send them off to you.

spectras only
01-17-2002, 10:30 AM
OR.thanks for the offer.I'll check my hubs diameter and depth as well.The one size smaller cap is a little deeper than the one I have[like a mooncap]

BobMacD
01-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Railton; I don't know where in Ontario you are located but I have had good luck with a company in Kitchener called Lou's Bearings.

Flat Screwd
01-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Railton, V&M Trailers are located in Fresno
5200 south peech ave 559-486-0419. When I build a trailer or need parts I go through Centry Wheel and Rim 2888 s orange ave. also in fresno the number is 559-237-7467.

Railton
01-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!
No guesses on who made the trailer though?
That square tubing for the bow eye is likely pretty original don't you think?
It sure does trailer nice and turning around with it, well, you can back it up while 90 degrees to the rear bumper...up a hill! Amazing!

Railton
01-18-2002, 01:21 PM
One last thing; The trailer has a screw down bolt hook-up onto a 2" ball as opposed to a more traditional lever arrangement. Maybe that will help identify the manufacturer?

Flat Screwd
01-18-2002, 10:15 PM
No dude that just means its old.

Railton
01-19-2002, 06:20 AM
Older usually has conotations of being "better"!
Older usually has connotations of meaning "better"!
On the photo forum for the "Nitro Nationals" Drag Boat "Show and Shine" there's a front-on picture of a yellow, blown T-Deck Flat sitting on its trailer.
That's the same trailer as mine with that rounded top section where the frame rails meet the tongue and the square tubing bow eye support