PDA

View Full Version : cant figure how to turn on sirus from my sony deck help?

meaniam
06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
i had bobs guys ayt cheetah boat install ythis deck which is the sony drive s cdx-gt510 they also installed my sirus sat setup. i dont have the directions. but i know my radio should display sat when flipping thru the source screen shouldnt it? i omly have cd tuner and aux.
so it should be under aux. but it is only showing aux front in. which is for an ipod or mp3. what do i do. how can i get this fixed?
i need to find out how to turn my satlite ready sony player to where i can get sat radio activated
sirus is no help

BigDoug
06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
my buddy j.p. from car toyz says that you might have it plugged into the input on the sirius "brain", make sure to have it plugged into the out put.
let me know if that worked.

Partycattin
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
It honestly doesn't sound like they have it hooked up right. There should be no need to "turn it on." Once the unit is hooked up properly and plugged in the Sony, Sat radio (or Sirius) should appear as a source. It will not be the aux source. Have you tried a hard reset? Somewhere, possibly under the detachable face or on the face, there should be a small hole the size of a pen tip. You need to use something to push the reset button inside that hole, a paper clip or toothpick should work fine. Try reseting it and see if Sirius shows up. If it doesn't, it wasn't installed correctly.
I had a similar problem with my Sony head unit and XM. Occasionally the unit would shut off (I think it was a bad connection). When the unit came back on, my only options were tuner or aux. I would have to hit the reset button and then it would work fine. You lose all your settings but at least your back in business.