PDA

View Full Version : Desert Thunder Marine

out of bounds
06-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Who knows anything about desert thunder marine?? Do they build a good boat? What is the skinny on them??

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
If I remember correctly they are somehow related/affiliated with Cheetah.....

stoker22405
06-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Its Cheetah Bobs son...

out of bounds
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Are they still around??

Ion
06-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Its Cheetah Bobs son...
Step-son and he has not been involved with them for several months now. Bob's wife has been running the place since then. Their most popular boat is laid up by Lynch and is the same 25 v-hull that Genesis, Laser, et.al use. Decent boat for the money. Don't quote me, but I think a standard 496 package goes for somewhere in the $40's.

Ion
06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Are they still around??
I last lettered a boat there a couple months ago.

dicudmore
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Are they still around??
yes, they are in Havasu next door to Lakeland...

dicudmore
06-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Step-son and he has not been involved with them for several months now. Bob's wife has been running the place since then. Their most popular boat is laid up by Lynch and is the same 25 v-hull that Genesis, Laser, et.al use. Decent boat for the money. Don't quote me, but I think a standard 496 package goes for somewhere in the $40's.
what Don said...they are a decent boat for the money :D
http://www.dtmb.biz/

out of bounds
06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys. So lynch dose the lay up that is a plus.dosen't he do some of the other layups for builders in Hava as well? Then dose Bob @ Cheeta do the rigging then? That web site is pretty cool thanks and seems to be priced well what is the down fall if any.

pixilatedpussy
06-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Dont know much about their boats....but we will NEVER EVER bring our boat back to them for service! They replaced our motor ( under warranty) f'd up my ski & my husbands....took 2years to finally get the money refunded for replacement ( that they of course got from Mercruiser...long story) then when we picked it up & launched her.....NO OIL IN THE FREAKIN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Horrible!!! Not to mention when we had Snakewrench do a tune up on our boat ( because we had an exhaust leak) this past winter....he said they had put all kinds off bolts & crap that didnt even fit or match....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

pixilatedpussy
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes:rolleyes: Cheetah Bob is Desert Thunder Chris' step dad.

out of bounds
06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
verry good to know. Thanks

pixilatedpussy
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
verry good to know. Thanks
Good luck hun...thats all I can say!:( They make a beautiful boat & yes it is Cheetahs boat with their name on it. We love our Cheetah......its just the whole motor dealio....I would have one of your own mechanics check it out.;)

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
They used to have a different name a year or two back. I can't remember what that was right now...:idea: :confused:

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah, it used to be Stealth..........but some lawyer made 'em change it due to infringement rights...:)

Sleek-Jet
06-27-2007, 12:15 PM
They used to have a different name a year or two back. I can't remember what that was right now...:idea: :confused:
Stealth Marine...
He used to post on here quite a bit, but got sick (cancer or something) and kind of disappered...

pixilatedpussy
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Stealth Marine:rolleyes:

BigDogIvan
Stealth Marine

pixilatedpussy
Stealth Marine...
He used to post on here quite a bit, but got sick (cancer or something) and kind of disappered...
That was Randy...nice guy.:(

dicudmore
06-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Yes:rolleyes: Cheetah Bob is Desert Thunder Chris' step dad.
Chris is no longer there...go in the front door and you will find Mrs Burns...

dicudmore
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys. So lynch dose the lay up that is a plus.dosen't he do some of the other layups for builders in Hava as well? Then dose Bob @ Cheeta do the rigging then? That web site is pretty cool thanks and seems to be priced well what is the down fall if any.
Lynch builds E-ticket, Domn8er, DTM and Cheetah...
There's nothing "wrong" with the boat per se, just not as nice as some of the others...

out of bounds
06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
hey thanks guys. All good info has anyother peps herd anything bad about the shope part of it.A boat that I am looking at has been serviced buy them from day one. I hear that the interior guy dose good work I was thinking about changing the engine hatch to match a little better and the owner said "they do a great job" It is a long drive to have to gring something back that is not done right LOL hell maybe i should just move there??? don't I wish.

deckboatdave
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
There is no more desert thunder! They closed down.

tntperformance
06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I last lettered a boat there a couple months ago.
You need a real job don!:D

vmjtc3
06-30-2007, 09:08 AM
There is no more desert thunder! They closed down.
If thats the case it has been within the last few weeks. My boat was just over there for some warranty work.:idea: