PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's Big Challenge

RitcheyRch
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Anyone watching the show on KABC? Pretty cool thing he is doing for these overweight kids.

Mrs. casean
06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
This is by far the greatest reality show. What a great thing he is doing for these children and he's saving their lives. Too bad the parents were in such denial that their kid was overweight to such an extreme :( So sad to see these heavy kids not even be able to do a push up or sit up because they are so out of shape and unhealthy. It's going to be a great show and I can't wait to see the outcome of the kids in the end!

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
they are good at war ball though...:D:D
The parents are just as much to blame for letting the kids get that way, too lazy to stand up to their kids and give 'em tough love.

rodnjen
06-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I think parents need to be watching this more than the kids. It is a huge (pardon the pun) problem in our society that needs to be addressed. We may, in fact, be the first generation where our children do not out live us due in large part to inactivity.
I hope the show does well, and good.

Mrs. casean
06-27-2007, 07:22 AM
they are good at war ball though...:D:D
The parents are just as much to blame for letting the kids get that way, too lazy to stand up to their kids and give 'em tough love.
No kidding! That was funny! They are kids though so they need some play time I guess. But the parents are the #1 source to blame, they buy the food they feed these kids... hello! No kidding they are heavy! Pretty much all the parents were over weight themselves.
I agree the parents are the target audience or should be for this show. It's an eye sore to see soooo many over weight children walking all around these days and it's no wonder diabetes is on the rise. Poor kids :(

MrsSigEpMock
06-27-2007, 07:26 AM
No kidding! That was funny! They are kids though so they need some play time I guess. But the parents are the #1 source to blame, they buy the food they feed these kids... hello! No kidding they are heavy! Pretty much all the parents were over weight themselves.
I agree the parents are the target audience or should be for this show. It's an eye sore to see soooo many over weight children walking all around these days and it's no wonder diabetes is on the rise. Poor kids :(
- Hey Linds.
I totally agree. I think is it a form of child abuse. Food can be a "drug" and these parents are supplying it. I can't believe all the crap these kids eat. I can't believe their parents give it to them. Shame on the parents, they are killing their kids.

BajaMike
06-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Shaq, in addition to being one of the world’s greatest athlete ever, is an admirable human being……kind of rare in professional sports these days.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040529/040529_kobe_shaq_vmed.widec.jpg
:D
He has a lot of real character….unlike some of his former teammates……:idea:

a catered life
06-27-2007, 07:43 AM
watched part of it seemed like a ok show....it will get funny when he has to bust these kids buts:eek:

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
I do blame the parents to some degree, and I've been somewhat guilty of it myself, but I do know the difference and I'm not in denial. Also, in defense to some children, there are those that have genetics play a part in it.
That said, the kids in the show appear to have eating disorders....my wife was shocked at the one boys man-boobs :eek: :eek:

Mrs. casean
06-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I do blame the parents to some degree, and I've been somewhat guilty of it myself, but I do know the difference and I'm not in denial. Also, in defense to some children, there are those that have genetics play a part in it.
That said, the kids in the show appear to have eating disorders....my wife was shocked at the one boys man-boobs :eek: :eek:
:D Too funny! I was shocked too! Genetics do play apart so the parents just need to be on top of their kids diet and eating habit so they don't become unhealthy I think. Schools are getting healthier food in the kitchens too which is helping and taking out the soda and junk will all help out for the best interest of the kid.

riverroyal
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
cried watching one of those kids,very good show

AZJD
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Shaq, in addition to being one of the world’s greatest athlete ever, is an admirable human being……kind of rare in professional sports these days.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040529/040529_kobe_shaq_vmed.widec.jpg
:D
He has a lot of real character….unlike some of his former teammates……:idea:
That might be one of my favorite posts ever.... Only because of the anticipation of what Dmonstza will have to say about it!:D

CA Stu
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
cried watching one of those kids,very good show
Good grief.
If you cry at fat kids, you must want the terrorists to win.
Just yell "Fatty fatty two by four!" like a real American.
Thanks
CA Stu

riverroyal
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
you fat ass:D

CA Stu
06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
you fat ass:D
I'm big boned. :cry:
But I will say this, I have 3 children, the oldest is 11, and he's never had a soda in his life.
No fat kids! :D
Thanks
CA Stu

riverroyal
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm big boned. :cry:
But I will say this, I have 3 children, the oldest is 11, and he's never had a soda in his life.
No fat kids! :D
Thanks
CA Stu
they are both thin,I was more pissed at some of the parents last night then sad for the kids.Its a good show,Shaq seems like he is really into it.Plus his SUV was bad ass

CA Stu
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
they are both thin,I was more pissed at some of the parents last night then sad for the kids.Its a good show,Shaq seems like he is really into it.Plus his SUV was bad ass
So, those were manly tears of rage at not being able to give the stupid parents a tune-up? :mad:
I weep with ya, brother. :D
Thanks
CA Stu

riverroyal
06-27-2007, 03:53 PM
maybe that was it:D

RitcheyRch
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I think is going to be a decent show to watch. Think others might actually learn something by watching someone elses issues.

CA Stu
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I think is going to be a decent show to watch. Think others might actually learn something by watching someone elses issues.
I think they'd be better off shooting hoops or playing catch out front, but that's just me.
Thanks
CA Stu

dmontzsta
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
That might be one of my favorite posts ever.... Only because of the anticipation of what Dmonstza will have to say about it!:D
Shaq is not a bad guy, he is just on the decline, so it is smart to get into some TV stuff. He has always been a great guy, just a little lazy. :) IMO: He could be much greater than he really is, maybe he should help himself also! ;)