PDA

View Full Version : No Trespassing in Colusa!

twowheeledfish
06-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Or whatever.... headed there the other weekend. Several vees and jets were moored near shore. Not a single wave or hello from anyone. And lots of no trespassing signs posted below the high water mark. What a bunch of toads.

MR.T
06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
About a bunch of unfriendly turds. Go back on the 4th and tell Joe Dirt to F- OFF.

Kindsvater Flat
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
If this was the beach across from the state park it is private property. You must have permission or actually be members of the group. There is another beach south of there on a corner above Wards that is also privately owned by a farmer.
And yes go on the 4th and tell Joe Dirt to f*** off.:D
I envy those bastards cause they have all kinds of fun.
Pig Bbq's
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_28.jpg
Tubing
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_33.jpg
Monster Trucks
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_24.jpg
And watch out for these 2 a**holes. They will kick you off quick.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_3~0.jpg
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_73.jpg
Hey that boat looks just like mine.:D
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/37.jpg

LandSpeedRacer
06-27-2007, 08:07 PM
It's too bad they have to take that approach, most of us who own boats are an asset . . . not a liability. So would they take the same approach if their boat was up side down waiving for help? I don't think so.
Besides, what ever happened to cooking a pig in the ground?
Hey Kindsvater, what's the deal with Willows - any boats allowed?
Scott

Kindsvater Flat
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Its mostly due to the trash left behind in years past. This is why its just a close group. The landowner got tired of the trespassers going through his orchard also.
As far as Willows goes.... if you're refering to Stonygorge Resivoir its a muffler + water lake. They don't mind it but since the town of Elk Creek is right on the other side of the dam they noise just echos through town. Few years ago at a fire chiefs meeting I took the boat to the lake. I was the only one there. After I left and stopped at the Elk Creek store and everyone inside and outside said they heard me. Same goes for the owner of the Elkhorn Bar.
If you are talking about the car show this year its august 17-18.

Mrs.charitycase
07-02-2007, 06:45 AM
We will be out there for the 4th of July Party. You goin out Wed, K-Flat? Rob tells us to invite whoever we want.

twowheeledfish
07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
If this was the beach across from the state park it is private property. You must have permission or actually be members of the group. There is another beach south of there on a corner above Wards that is also privately owned by a farmer.
Yeah, it was across from the state park. I understand that littering is a problem throughout California's waterways, but there are laws that address these types of problems. Its unfortunate the way these folks are treating fellow boating enthusiasts like myself due to others' actions. I also realize that this landowner probably has close ties with the local sheriff's dept and can get away with kicking people off the beach. However, since the Sac River is a navigable waterway in this area, his legal ability to press trespassing issues extends only to the high water mark and above. That beach is far below the ordinary high water mark and falls under the jurisdiction of National River Law which basically states that the property below this mark belongs to the public. This decision has been upheld on numerous occasions in the Supreme Court.
I'm sure that if this group would have taken the time to just say hi, they'd have learned that my family also has local land holdings... and they probably would have scored some additional hunting and fishing access in the process. Its really too bad, as I just wanted to check out a few boats and meet some people. I probably won't be back.

Sleek-Jet
07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
That beach is far below the ordinary high water mark and falls under the jurisdiction of National River Law which basically states that the property below this mark belongs to the public. This decision has been upheld on numerous occasions in the Supreme Court.
You sure about that?? A court in Colorado a couple years ago ruled that the land owner owns the land beneath the water, but not the water itself... I believe the Supreme court defered to the lower court on the decision...

twowheeledfish
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Pretty darn sure. Public ownership of physically navigable rivers, including the land up to the ordinary high water mark pre-dates property deeds. What the property deed says or doesn't say about a river is irrelevant.
This point really wasn't my main focus though. Even though I got quite a bit off topic in that last post, my point was that the unfriendly behavior exhibited at this location really serves nobody... not even the landowner.

lucky
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Pretty darn sure. Public ownership of physically navigable rivers, including the land up to the ordinary high water mark pre-dates property deeds. What the property deed says or doesn't say about a river is irrelevant.
This point really wasn't my main focus though. Even though I got quite a bit off topic in that last post, my point was that the unfriendly behavior exhibited at this location really serves nobody... not even the landowner.
dam that pig looks good - wonder who it was :D

charitycase
07-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, it was across from the state park. I understand that littering is a problem throughout California's waterways, but there are laws that address these types of problems. Its unfortunate the way these folks are treating fellow boating enthusiasts like myself due to others' actions. I also realize that this landowner probably has close ties with the local sheriff's dept and can get away with kicking people off the beach. However, since the Sac River is a navigable waterway in this area, his legal ability to press trespassing issues extends only to the high water mark and above. That beach is far below the ordinary high water mark and falls under the jurisdiction of National River Law which basically states that the property below this mark belongs to the public. This decision has been upheld on numerous occasions in the Supreme Court.
I'm sure that if this group would have taken the time to just say hi, they'd have learned that my family also has local land holdings... and they probably would have scored some additional hunting and fishing access in the process. Its really too bad, as I just wanted to check out a few boats and meet some people. I probably won't be back.
C'Mon out & say Hi on the 4th.Just ask for Casey or Christina.We will welcome ya no problem.I'll see if I can find out who was on the beach that blew you off.C-YA there.Casey

Kindsvater Flat
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
You can fight that high water mark all you want. Fish and Wildlife fights constantly about there boundries. THey will show you there boundries and they will go right through the water. Also since you have been on the river you will notice all there area closed signs on there property.
You show up with Casey or Christina you will be fine. Also you can stop in at River Rat Customs in Colusa and talk to Rob. Tell him that you know me. I'm Mike if you forgot.
Christina I will not be there due to family that is arriving. Wish I could but just can't do it. We don't get together very often. I will be down seeing you guys on labor day though.

LandSpeedRacer
07-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Sounds fun . . . . wish I could beach Shiver Shot and break out the tequila, limes and salt!
Discovered some issues with my trailer after Stockton, the flattie is great . . . I just can't get it to the water!
K-Flat - In my previous post I was refering to the Willows Car Show - will they have a boat class? Don't want to be the only one who shows up with a boat. We like that show and always have a good time, especially the pancake - screwdriver breakfast:D .
Happy and safe 4th to all eh?
LSR

twowheeledfish
07-03-2007, 08:57 AM
You can fight that high water mark all you want. Fish and Wildlife fights constantly about there boundries. THey will show you there boundries and they will go right through the water. Also since you have been on the river you will notice all there area closed signs on there property.
You show up with Casey or Christina you will be fine. Also you can stop in at River Rat Customs in Colusa and talk to Rob. Tell him that you know me. I'm Mike if you forgot.
Christina I will not be there due to family that is arriving. Wish I could but just can't do it. We don't get together very often. I will be down seeing you guys on labor day though.
Yeah, I'd rather not get into the whole property rights mess. Take a closer look at those USFWS signs... not all of that ground is federal. The DFG owned properties are, for the mostpart open to the public. The access issues to them just haven't been addressed yet.
I appreciate the invites. Since my 4th plans seem to be falling apart at the seams, I may cruise down that direction via the river. I have no idea what Casey or Christina look like, so keep an eye out for a white/blue/yellow Eliminator. Hopefully I'll get to shake a few hands this time.

charitycase
07-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I'd rather not get into the whole property rights mess. Take a closer look at those USFWS signs... not all of that ground is federal. The DFG owned properties are, for the mostpart open to the public. The access issues to them just haven't been addressed yet.
I appreciate the invites. Since my 4th plans seem to be falling apart at the seams, I may cruise down that direction via the river. I have no idea what Casey or Christina look like, so keep an eye out for a white/blue/yellow Eliminator. Hopefully I'll get to shake a few hands this time.
Christina is easy to find.She's 6 foot tall & beautiful.I on the otherhand...........nevermind.Just say hey.We should be there by noon.
BTW,thats her in my avatar.

Kindsvater Flat
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Sounds fun . . . . wish I could beach Shiver Shot and break out the tequila, limes and salt!
Discovered some issues with my trailer after Stockton, the flattie is great . . . I just can't get it to the water!
K-Flat - In my previous post I was refering to the Willows Car Show - will they have a boat class? Don't want to be the only one who shows up with a boat. We like that show and always have a good time, especially the pancake - screwdriver breakfast:D .
Happy and safe 4th to all eh?
LSR
Go ahead and bring the boat if you want. There is no class for them but if 3 or more show up they will make a class and you can get an award. They are ordering extra trophies for these things that come up when they split classes depending on the turnouts.

Kindsvater Flat
07-03-2007, 05:17 PM
River Partners, Nature Conservicy (SP), and others are making the river bottoms a pain for access. Nothing better than paying for all this rehabilitation through taxes and then end result of turning back over to government. How many idiots do you know that plants poison oak on purpose?
Go to Colusa and have a good time. Even better when you stay late cause the Colusa Fire Dept launch the fireworks from the same beach.
This is Casey.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/boat/Albums/Album4/Large/DSCF2854.jpg

LandSpeedRacer
07-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks K-flat for the info on the Willows CAr Show. I don't really care about the awards, The're ok but I am there for the good times and to promote getting hot boats in front of people so this deal doesn't die. I'ts a lot of fun to tow with the Hudson and Willows always opens up the town for all who participate. Great times partying and swimming back and the motel too. Our first time was in 1989, we showed a 1940 International Panel Truck and it rained so hard during the show everyone got stuck in the park and they had to carve a new road to get out. We wound up winning a whole butchered lamb! So will you or any bro's bring their boats out?
Hey Casey - nice pic - when are YOU going to be on a calender? :2purples:
Have a great holiday! :D
LSR

twowheeledfish
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
River Partners, Nature Conservicy (SP), and others are making the river bottoms a pain for access. Nothing better than paying for all this rehabilitation through taxes and then end result of turning back over to government. How many idiots do you know that plants poison oak on purpose?
Go to Colusa and have a good time. Even better when you stay late cause the Colusa Fire Dept launch the fireworks from the same beach.
This is Casey.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/boat/Albums/Album4/Large/DSCF2854.jpg
We'll have to talk off the forums 'bout that stuff. I work for one of the knucklehead state agencies mentioned. And no, I don't fit in... anybody that plants poison oak on state/fed property should be also forced to plant it in their back yard. This is ours, right?

Kindsvater Flat
07-05-2007, 06:16 PM
So then the big question is.... "Have you seen an Elderberry Beetle?":D

twowheeledfish
07-07-2007, 12:08 PM
So then the big question is.... "Have you seen an Elderberry Beetle?":D
Only the dead ones... lol.