PDA

View Full Version : What Goes Through People's Minds.....

Robert1050
06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I was breaking in the new motor on my Daytona on Monday and as I was heading past Copper Canyon towards Thompson Bay, I saw something that really made me wonder:
A guy was piloting a 32 (or so) foot V-hull in big circles, towing a tube with a couple of young kids on it. This behaviuor normally doesn't raise my eyebrows, but this dude was doing it right in the middle of all of the lanes of traffic that buzz by that area, he wasn't off to one side, or cutting in and out of a cove, he was just circling in the way of all the boats trying to go past. I had to change my course and swing wide to avoid his randomn turns.
All I could think of was, what if the kids came off the tube & ended up right in the path of a 100+ MPH ***boat? Why don't people like this send their kids to go play on the 405 Fwy instead?
There are so many great places to play with tubes all up and down the river, but this dude just picked one of the most heavily trafficked areas around.
What was he thinking?

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Wow, that former Bayliner owner really upgraded...

Powerquestboy
06-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I was at Saguaro lake last year and there was a guy pulling his kids in a tube. Well they decided to spin around right in front of the no wake zone which I was coming out of. We got to watch in horror because you could see it was going to happen when dad whips his two kids right into the "no Wake" bouy. Thank god the the tube hit the bouy first and then the kids. They were ok but very scared and a little bruised up. Parents should be protecting their kids not putting them in harms way

laveycrafter
06-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Give a man lemons hopefully he will make lemonade, give a man a boat, and, well they'll give any moron a boat, so nevermind. Jackass.
What did one ADD kid say to the other?
I forgot, wanna go ride bikes?:D :D

rrrr
06-27-2007, 07:13 AM
I was at Saguaro lake last year and there was a guy pulling his kids in a tube. Well they decided to spin around right in front of the no wake zone which I was coming out of. We got to watch in horror because you could see it was going to happen when dad whips his two kids right into the "no Wake" bouy. Thank god the the tube hit the bouy first and then the kids. They were ok but very scared and a little bruised up. Parents should be protecting their kids not putting them in harms way
Saw a guy pulling a 8 or 9 YO girl on a tube, right at the cove entrance to one of the marinas, boats everywhere getting on plane with their noses skyward and the drivers unable to see. She fell off right in the middle of the traffic lane, I drove over and suggested politely that he might think about finding a safer place to tube.
He told me to #@()&* off.........:rolleyes:
Phucking idiots.

MKEELINE
06-27-2007, 07:44 AM
"What goes through peoples minds?"
NOTHING. I've come to the conclusion that 1/2 the people out there are complete idiots. This has become even worse with the ability for ANYONE to get financing for a boat or PWC. Everytime I go out on the water I'm amazed by something new.

goneboatin
06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Last year I was heading down from Parker Dam, just were the river narrows before the high canyon walls, some idiot pulling an adult on a tube on the wrong side of the river, heading right toward me, making move over motions with his arms. I'm already as far over to my right as I feel comforatble as my depth gauge is reading 6.5 feet, I threw the throttle in neutral and threw up my arms asking where the fock am I supposed to go - you're the one on the wrong side! He blasts by me and flips me off and so does the b!itch on the tube.
You hate to wish bad things on people, but someone needs to teach these a-holes a lesson.

ck7684
06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
When I was first learning how to drive my dad's boat, I remember him telling me that other boaters would do the exact opposite that you expect them to. Ever since I automatically expect them to do the dumbest thing possible, and 90% of the time I am right. It's like predicting the future!! I'm always on the watch when other boaters are around...has kept me out of trouble more than once...:(