PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and O2 sensors

Dave C
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
anyone have any luck putting a bung for an O2 sensor into a jacketed exhaust for an I/O? Like a CMI, etc.

Badburn
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Anyone? I'd like to know the answer to this also:confused:

WETTE VETTE
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Yes and it works great. Just make sure you have enough dry pipe between the bung and the end of the tail to keep the sensor from making contact with water from reversion.

born2burn
08-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Yes and it works great. Just make sure you have enough dry pipe between the bung and the end of the tail to keep the sensor from making contact with water from reversion.
How much is enough pipe? I had CMI install mine on my tails.

WETTE VETTE
08-09-2007, 05:50 AM
How much is enough pipe? I had CMI install mine on my tails.
As much as possible. Nobody would tell me for sure that I had enough due to the fact that I run a decent sized solid roller cam. Basically I kept my fingers crossed and had the bung installed as far up the tail as I could. It works great so I guess for a 270 ish duration cam on a 112 LSA naturally aspirated 598 18" of dry pipe after the sensor is enough. Each application will be different so my example is just for reference. I saw a photo of yours on SW and it appears to be pretty close to the end of the tail where the water exits. After idling pull the sensor and see if it is getting wet.
Craig

born2burn
08-09-2007, 08:53 AM
As much as possible. Nobody would tell me for sure that I had enough due to the fact that I run a decent sized solid roller cam. Basically I kept my fingers crossed and had the bung installed as far up the tail as I could. It works great so I guess for a 270 ish duration cam on a 112 LSA naturally aspirated 598 18" of dry pipe after the sensor is enough. Each application will be different so my example is just for reference. I saw a photo of yours on SW and it appears to be pretty close to the end of the tail where the water exits. After idling pull the sensor and see if it is getting wet.
Craig
What do I look for is there a tell tell sign other than just water droplets?