PDA

View Full Version : I am flying to Parker for the 4th!!!

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
A little scared, but I decided to go for it! :eek: :eek: My friend is a pilot and he offered to fly me out there and drop me off in Parker!! :D I guess it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to fly!! I am going to have him fly over the river to get some good camera shots!!!

djunkie
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
It was nice knowing you. :D

slink
06-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Sounds like a good time to join the mile high club. It will take your mind off things for a while:D :D

ColeTR2
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
My Dad flys here to Parker all the time. It's fun to see everything from the air. Just watch for powerlines over the river if you fly low :220v:

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a good time to join the mile high club. It will take your mind off things for a while:D :D
True but no!!! lol...

2Driver
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
A cool ride is down the south end of the lake then up the Bill Williams with the Mesa above you on the right. Watch for the power lines crossing the river they are hard to see. He should not be the low anyway.

Wheeler
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
A little scared, but I decided to go for it! :eek: :eek: My friend is a pilot and he offered to fly me out there and drop me off in Parker!! :D I guess it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to fly!! I am going to have him fly over the river to get some good camera shots!!!
Here is a recent picture of Parker P-20, the dirt strip is the new runway under construction, some people have mistaken the runway as a taxi way and have landed on the dirt (new construction) runway, don't ask me why. :D

Mardonzi
06-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Here is a recent picture of Parker P-20, the dirt strip is the new runway under construction, some people have mistaken the runway as a taxi way and have landed on the dirt (new construction) runway, don't ask me why. :D
Perhaps because it presents itself better than the paved. I would think that they would have put big white x's at the ends

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Thank gawd he has landed there before!!

BajaMike
06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
How exciting.....I think everyone in the country should shoot off fireworks to celebrate your trip!!:idea: :D :D :D

dunaholic
06-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I fly to Parker regularly. You will have a much better time if you fly early in the mornings out there. Turbulence tend to build in the later morning and afternoon out over the desert. If you are first time flyer in a small plane I would hope that you pilot friend takes you early so you don't crap your pants when flying over the desert.

Krumbsnatcher
06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I fly to Parker regularly. You will have a much better time if you fly early in the mornings out there. Turbulence tend to build in the later morning and afternoon out over the desert. If you are first time flyer in a small plane I would hope that you pilot friend takes you early so you don't crap your pants when flying over the desert.
i have to agree you can either get some really nasty turbulents that can force you to the top of the cabin or drop you stomach.
We were comming into to havi on our decent from 9500 to 2000 for the approach landing and we hit an updraft that litterally threw the piper near vertical and over, it was a very hard hit.
Anyway, that is much better than driving any day. The trip from long beach takes us 2 hours and back 2.1 hours.
But that is because it is a piper with a small motor, our average ground speed when not climbing is 120mph.
have fun!

gqchris
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
:D This so so true! I shat my pants almost every time just landing in the Airbus and Boeing's in Vegas during the summer! I grew up there, and know in the summer that the desert makes for wicked thermals. Always someone starts with the crying. My last flight three weeks ago was especially rough. I felt like hurling once we landed! Cant IMAGINE doing that in a Cessna type. I took a discovery flight four years ago and almost had to use the barf bag just flying from Torrance to Disney Land. Felt like I was dropping in a roller coaster continuously. Decided that Piloting was not in my future!:)

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Flying out of Corona at 8 am. Is that early enough or am I still going to freak out?? :eek:

Sleek-Jet
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't barf... have fun... 8am you should be fine...

RiverDave
06-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Flying out of Corona at 8 am. Is that early enough or am I still going to freak out?? :eek:
Are you flying out wednesday?
RD

Kilrtoy
06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
you know that
ANDY 01
is married RIGHT:D

dunaholic
06-27-2007, 01:14 PM
You should be ok at 8am. What kind of plane are you flying in?

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh so know the tattoo thing makes sense
barbigrls list of things to do before dieing
1. make a really big cameltoe pic
2. flirt with 76 and dont tell anyone
3. go out with at least one board member
4. get tattoo
:D :D :D

RiverDave
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
2 hours from Orange County? What kind of plane is it?
RD

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
RD
ultralite:D

Ziggy
06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
You should be ok at 8am. What kind of plane are you flying in?
Yeah, the daytime heat doesn't help with lift properties too much.
better exercise the arms Mel, in case you need to do some flapping ;) :D

djunkie
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
RD
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33961&stc=1&d=1182980336

djunkie
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
ultralite:D
Beat me to it but at least I found a pic. :D :D

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Beat me to it but at least I found a pic. :D :D
i was just lookin for one crashing, good enough:D

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
mel i see ya took a testflight:D
http://sanpedrosun.net/old/art/04-31Ultralight.jpg

riverbound
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
LMFAO:D

Angry Inch
06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I wonder if the pilot will let you take over the flight stick when you approach the landing strip. :)

Cole Trickle
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
You gonna go see the concert at the Blue Water?;) :D
http://www.heartbeatentertainment.com.au/images/B_buddy_holly_jan59poster.jpg

OverKill
06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Go to Virtual Earth .com. You can get some good images of the strip,lake and the air strip.

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
You gonna go see the concert at the Blue Water?;) :D
http://www.heartbeatentertainment.com.au/images/B_buddy_holly_jan59poster.jpg
awwwhahaha lmfao, buddy holly:eek: :D :D :D

76ANTHONY
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
LMFAO:D
IHBGFC:D

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Are you flying out wednesday?
RD
Yes.... in the am. Stacy said you guys should be out there by then

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
RD
Flying from Corona. I have NOOO idea what kind of plane it is.

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 02:34 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh so know the tattoo thing makes sense
barbigrls list of things to do before dieing
1. make a really big cameltoe pic
2. flirt with 76 and dont tell anyone
3. go out with at least one board member
4. get tattoo
OMG...LMAO...
1. Done
2. Yet too accomplish
3. Done....more then one...LOL
4. Alreadu have one but want another

dicudmore
06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
OMG...LMAO...
1. Done
2. Yet too accomplish
oh you sloot...I knew I loved you :D

Parker Dreamin
06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
We used to fly there about 15 years ago.
Twin turbo prop 12 seater
and
jet 8 seater.... from LB it took a little under an hour. We would leave at 6pm on a Friday night, it was great. BUT...then we took the pilot out on the 4 wheelers up Osborne Wash.... he ended up going head over heals and dropping like 30 feet. Busted up his back and had to be air lifted out. I guess being a pilot he thought he could fly....

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
oh you sloot...I knew I loved you :D
lol... :D

barbigrl
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Do you even know how HORRIBLE you will feel if something did happen!!! :mad: :( :(
I am sure it will be fine

BADBLOWN572
06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Need another passenger? ;) He doesn't have to even land with me in the plane. Just go to 13,500' and I will handle the rest.
(Would bring my own parachute) ;) :D

uvindex
06-28-2007, 08:57 AM
My friend is a pilot and he offered to fly me out there and drop me off in Parker!!Make sure that this includes landing the plane first before you go. :D

76ANTHONY
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
OMG...LMAO...
1. Done
2. Yet too accomplish-i said i wouldnt tell anyone
:eek: :D :D :D

76ANTHONY
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Do you even know how HORRIBLE you will feel if something did happen!!! :mad: :( :(
I am sure it will be fine
im sorry mel i think you have me confused with a person that has a heart:jawdrop: :D

Racey
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a blast, i jump on any opportunity to fly private, it's a blast, take tons of pictures!!

SCR INC
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
WE have a hanger @ Cornoa and do Parker every Thursday to Monday... 8 am is fine.. The only turb is over the hills past the windmills as you turn off to 29 stumps!! at that hour...
We do it in a hour with no head wind... Cess 210.. F driving it sucks...
Were is your hanger and what do you guys fly.. We have a few friends with toys @ that airport..

SCR INC
06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
My Dad flys here to Parker all the time. It's fun to see everything from the air. Just watch for powerlines over the river if you fly low :220v:
We have a hanger at Parker... Mike what does he fly.. We have the a front row unit # 3... You and your dad stop over and say hi if you see us around..
Scott

Smokin Joe
06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
We know the filght time but how long from door step to door step?
thx

dunaholic
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
We know the filght time but how long from door step to door step?
thx
Depends on how long it takes you to drive to the airport. Add about twenty minutes for preflight etc. and that's your total "door to door". I live 10 minutes from the airport. Factor the twenty....and you have about 2.0 hours total at 145 Kts (approx 167 Mph) indicated. From Huntington Beach to Parker in about half the time. The drive takes me 4.5 hours.

jackpunx
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
HHHmmmm :) Its never really windy in parker..LOL.. JK.. You'll have fun.. enjoy the landing.. and tell him to give you a floater

andy01
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
You will have a blast, remember planes are built to fly. No matter how bumpy it gets the plane is designed for worse. And if it isn't it will be over before you know it. As a good co-pilot if his plane does not have "traffic" in it you can watch for other planes. Take a barf bag forsure. So new people get sick with the air movement out there. You will enjoy every minute of it. It is a expensive flight so enjoy.
Andy

andy01
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
HHHmmmm :) Its never really windy in parker..LOL.. JK.. You'll have fun.. enjoy the landing.. and tell him to give you a floater
You need to finish!!!!!!!!!!

Tequila-John
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
We used to fly there about 15 years ago.
Twin turbo prop 12 seater
and
jet 8 seater.... from LB it took a little under an hour. We would leave at 6pm on a Friday night, it was great. BUT...then we took the pilot out on the 4 wheelers up Osborne Wash.... he ended up going head over heals and dropping like 30 feet. Busted up his back and had to be air lifted out. I guess being a pilot he thought he could fly....
I love that story bud. HAHAHAHAHAHA

RiverRatMike
06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
cool, take some photos of my place on the river. It's the first set of homes up river from blue water on the AZ side.

Wheeler
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM
cool, take some photos of my place on the river. It's the first set of homes up river from blue water on the AZ side.
Like this?

RiverRatMike
06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Like this?
yeah too cool, I can actaully see my place in that photo. Thanks:)