PDA

View Full Version : Carl's Jr. Complaint...

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 10:22 AM
So I will start out by saying I am a little more than dissapointed that Carl's Jr. no longer is offering the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.
I am not one to complain but I figured this time I would call and give them a piece of my mind (not that it matters).
I met my wife hanging out at the Carl's on Kraemer & LaPalma back in the mini truckin day so I do have a relationship (in my mind) with Carl himself.
Not only did I complain about the buffalo chicken sandwich, but I also complained about other missing menu items.
1. Buffalo chicken sandwich
2. Mini deep fried burritos
3. Chili dog with the wax pepper on top
4. Steak sandwich with the two onion rings
and
5. The crinkle cut french fries from 20 yrs ago
While I'm at it I think I'm goign to call a few other places today.
Pup & Taco, The Pop Shoppe, and Naugles.
Ansd where the hell is my Super Sacco ???
Bastards...

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
So I will start out by saying I am a little more than dissapointed that Carl's Jr. no longer is offering the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.
I am not one to complain but I figured this time I would call and give them a piece of my mind (not that it matters).
I met my wife hanging out at the Carl's on Kraemer & LaPalma back in the mini truckin day so I do have a relationship (in my mind) with Carl himself.
Not only did I complain about the buffalo chicken sandwich, but I also complained about other missing menu items.
and
Bastards...
This is a little off topic, but I remember cruising Camelot and peeps pouring transmission fluid on La Palma so when they came out of Camelot, they could create a lot of smoke. :D

HM
06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I'll back you up on the crinkle cut fries...those were the shit!!
Carl is a member of my in-laws church and I have met him on a couple of occassions. That guy has a giant head and HUGE hands...it is like shaking a bunch of bananas!!! I'd call him banana hands, but I don't think he'd get it or appreciate it. :D

RaceFace
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Pup N Taco and the Pop Shoppe!! WOW!!!
I remember both of those! I was about 10 and we had those places in Mission Viejo!! I loved both those places!!!
Super Socco!! LOL!!

gramps
06-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Tell Carls we need the roast beef, cheese and green chili sandwich back.

thumbs
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
and Naugles.
I swear that the Del Taco at the Outlet Center Drive in or near Barstow is a Naugles in disguise. The tacos are huge and wrapped in that same orangeish color wrappers from the Naugles days.

Wheeler
06-27-2007, 10:50 AM
It sure would be nice if Naugles was still around, I miss the Macho Combo Burrito. At least Q-Tortas is still there!

Cigalert
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Holy piss
pup'n taco
naugles
Bringin back some memories.

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I swear that the Del Taco at the Outlet Center Drive in or near Barstow is a Naugles in disguise. The tacos are huge and wrapped in that same orangeish color wrappers from the Naugles days.
I think Del Taco bought Naugles, so maybe some of their influence remains. :)

willowrat
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
That is the best Del Taco. I stop there on every river trip. Thier tacos are larger than most. I belive the other Del Taco in Barstow is owned by the same guy.
I get the Bun Taco. It is great.

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
and
Bastards...
This is a little off topic, but I remember cruising Camelot and peeps pouring transmission fluid on La Palma so when they came out of Camelot, they could create a lot of smoke. :D
Scamelot :) Cruised it almost every Friday and Saturday night. :D

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Me too. :D We usually went back and forth between there and the Mall of Orange. :D Sometimes we went down to the Newport Penninsula. :D
I was in a truck club called CalToys LOL! and a 16 year old Robby Gordon joined us one night. :D

bullseye
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Barstow is home of the first Del Taco ,and IMO that is the best del taco aroud . there are about 6 in my area and they all sux .

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Me too. :D We usually went back and forth between there and the Mall of Orange. :D Sometimes we went down to the Newport Penninsula. :D
I was in a truck club called CalToys LOL! and a 16 year old Robby Gordon joined us one night. :D
Holy Crap that is funny....Did that exact same route. Dated a guy that worked at the 76 station next to the mall.

CRZYBTCH
06-27-2007, 11:08 AM
While we are on Taco Bell..............what about the french fries!!!!
You crack me up man.
Id like to call Taco Bell and complain about the numerous items they have taken off the menu. Like the Grilled stuffed Enchilada Burrito.

CRZYBTCH
06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Me too!!!! i love that Del
That is the best Del Taco. I stop there on every river trip. Thier tacos are larger than most. I belive the other Del Taco in Barstow is owned by the same guy.
I get the Bun Taco. It is great.

roostwear
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Got kicked outa Orange (twice in one night) for bringing the cars from Whittier Blvd down to make the loop from Katella to Lincoln. Swing through the mall on the way south and stop at the K mart parking lot on the way north. I'm really dating myself, but does anyone remember the "under cover" cop.... the bald black guy that drove the tan Hornet with the highjacker sticker in the rear window? Sure is nice not being one point away from hoofing it......

essexjet
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I got arrested for doing that at Camelot in my mini truck days when I was 17 (1988). Damn I'm getting old:devil:

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I knew I was forgetting something, I'm calling them back right now...

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
So if we start mentioning our trucks we might know who each other was.
I had a yellow S-10 oh nevermind...

essexjet
06-27-2007, 11:38 AM
So if we start mentioning our trucks we might know who each other was.
I had a yellow S-10 oh nevermind...
I had a white nissan and was part of the California Cruzers mini truck club

riverracerx
06-27-2007, 11:38 AM
That Teriyaki burger is pretty good though! As long as they keep making the fried zucchini, that is the only way I get my vegetable serving :D

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I had a white nissan and was part of the California Cruzers mini truck club
Ok, I had a yellow S-10 extra cab with crysalite ground effects, a Supershell, chrome Ronals, a wall of 12 - 12" Cerwin Vegas and a wall of red Orion amps.
Not in a truck club...

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
OK, I'll play. I had a white '82 Toyota 4x4 longbed with a side windowless shell and a full sized 110 AC Coors Light neon sign in the back. LOL!:D

rrrr
06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Carl is a member of my in-laws church and I have met him on a couple of occassions. That guy has a giant head and HUGE hands...it is like shaking a bunch of bananas!!! I'd call him banana hands, but I don't think he'd get it or appreciate it. :D
HM, I think you're confused. Is this the guy you're talking about?
http://www.anatomorphex.com/picts/mech_props/MP105_JACK_IN_THE_BOX.jpg
:D :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Ok, I had a yellow S-10 extra cab with crysalite ground effects, a Supershell, chrome Ronals, a wall of 12 - 12" Cerwin Vegas and a wall of red Orion amps.
Not in a truck club...
OK, I'll play. I had a white '82 Toyota 4x4 longbed with a side windowless shell and a full sized 110 AC Coors Light neon sign in the back. LOL!:D
This thread is making me LOL :D
I think I cruised a lil before your time. :( :) :)

HM
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
HM, I think you're confused. Is this the guy you're talking about?
http://www.anatomorphex.com/picts/mech_props/MP105_JACK_IN_THE_BOX.jpg
No, Carl's head is way bigger than that. :D

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I even have a video tape somewhere of my truck featured on 20/20 because of my stereo.

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I think I cruised a lil before your time. :( :) :)
You must have been from the Camaro days. LOL!

Screemy1
06-27-2007, 12:22 PM
huh... oh duh... I was thinking of the cross cut fries.... oh, crinkle cut.... yeah those were good, damb I had forgotten about those..... my wish is for a Naugles and a Pioneer Chicken.... yum yum

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2007, 12:22 PM
You must have been from the Camero days. LOL!
NOT that old. :eek: :)
It was the bug/mini truck days

roostwear
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Minitruck and bugs? You're youngsters. I'm talking about having my ass handed to me by Reefer Madness (built hemi cuda) on Tustin Ave. And the cop had the nerve to pull me over and say I was racing.....

Pussywhippled
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm 36 and I just bought a tricked out VW bug so I can try to be 16 again...

RiverDave
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Only thing that really pissed me off when it was deleted from the menu was KFC's "chicken littles." :(
Everything else I can deal with..
RD

essexjet
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
I miss Pup n Taco
http://theimaginaryworld.com/pupntacoad.jpg

Havasu Doug
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Minitruck and bugs? You're youngsters. I'm talking about having my ass handed to me by Reefer Madness (built hemi cuda) on Tustin Ave. And the cop had the nerve to pull me over and say I was racing.....
Ya, I couldn't drive yet. I had to hope I could go cruising with the older neighbors. Although I love the movie American Graffiti, my memories of weekend and summer nights were more like from the movie, Dazed and Confused. :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
You were cruising the same time as my lil sis....I have 4 years on you. Shhhhh
I am jealous.....We had a 66 bug my grandparents brought back from Germany. It was so cute....:) :)

78Eliminator
06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Check out this Pup N Taco web page........geez, I can remember their chili dogs, the crinkle fries with tons of salt and the cherry slushies. The one I went to was on Encinitas Blvd. in San Diego in the 70s. Now its just a Taco Bell the the rest of them.
http://www.rogerwendell.com/pnt.html

Pheelin Phroggy
06-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Bro, That Del Taco is the Shiat!! I stop there almost every time. They really hook it up there! All of their items are on steroids!
Thanks for the info... we do alot of biz up in barstow and have intentially passed it up because all the other Del Tacos around us suck... Gonna have to stop and check it out now.

gramps
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
OK you are all making me hungry for some good mexican fast food, how about Gardunos (sp?) in Montebello? It's been there since the 60's.........

Slow What
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
if you ever have questions about your Bug go to this forum , lot's of people on that site have been around vw's for years http://www.cal-look.com/forum/index.php

Fire Angler
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Pussywhippled, while you have a list going, tell them A-holes to bring back the Chili Burger too.
I miss the Steak sandwich the most.

squirt'nmyload
06-27-2007, 06:17 PM
" Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our EXTRA BIG ASS TACO? Now with more MOLECULES!"

OC28HEAT
06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
This thread is funny My wife and I were just talking about Carls the other night. The Mini Fried burritos were call mini Crisperito (sp) they were based on a larger version made in the mid 80's. The fries were good and so were the hot dogs. I have called carls regarding the burrito many times

OC28HEAT
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
did your complaint sound like this
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/261098/burger_king_police//R/ffd_201

BadKachina
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
and
Bastards...
I love Carlos Juniors.:D

RaceFace
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I was in the bug/mini truck and truck club days too!!! LOL!!!!
This thread is really making me feel old!!! LMAO!!!

BadKachina
06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Rekeyed the torsions on my Toy, flipped the overload, I used to hit the crown in the road with the front crossmember.;) We didn't have air bags yet.

bob briley
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
same here 83 to 87 ,angelos first friday of the month , scooters on second sundays nights ,flipped my vw on a sunday night right next to carls jr :jawdrop:

C-2
06-27-2007, 09:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Same here....
but I cruised a 64' Rambler cuz I was a po' little chillun (not much has changed over the years:mad: )
---------
This is a great thread PW. Just the other day wifey and I were reminiscing about those frys....and the steak sandwich...and the roast beef.
Give em hell!
The only decent thing left at that joint is a plain Big Burger (no onions). Bargain too at .99.

6 Dollar Boat
06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
It was called the California Roast Beef Sandwich. It was an egg bun with roast beef, swiss cheese, tomato, and a slice of ortega chili. You can make one at home....just microwave it till the cheese is melted....:D
I know way too much about this stuff.......you could say I was raised on food from Carl's Jr....;)

scooooter7
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Anyone ever hear of Taco Tico? Their horse meat burritos were the best!! :)

boatsnblondes
06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I remember birthdays at Farrells, on Tustin, I grew up in Peralta Hills, and there used to be a great Hamburger joint over off Yorba LInda Blvd. at valley View...we own several businesses in the area, and I used to walk down there on my lunch break workin for my spending money during the summer...what was the name of that fockin place...right on the tip of my tongue...DAMN!!!

boatsnblondes
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
TASTEE FREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the place.....I hung out at the Orange mall a lot, saw tons of Movies at the theatres there, and cruised and played many nights at Camelot....now you guys are getting me homesick.....:(
My dad was a teacher at Esperanza for years....

Havasu Doug
06-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Angelos. Did that too. State College was bumper to bumper on those nights.
Since those days were pre-internet, we did the EXACT same thing we do here with CB radios. LOL! Instead of screen names, we had handles. We used them to find out were the parties were, met people, and ended up going on desert trips together. Some of those peeps are here now. LOL!
Before all this, I did Farrell's on Tustin in Orange as well. I remember going there in junior high. :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Angelos. Did that too. State College was bumper to bumper on those nights.
Since those days were pre-internet, we did the EXACT same thing we do here with CB radios. LOL! Instead of screen names, we had handles. We used them to find out were the parties were, met people, and ended up going on desert trips together. Some of those peeps are here now. LOL!
Before all this, I did Farrell's on Tustin in Orange as well. I remember going there in junior high. :D
I had forgotten about Angelos also. :)

catman-do
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
With that list you have going there, it sounds like you will have a heart attack before they get a chance to answer your call!!

RaceFace
06-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Angelos was great!!! I forgot all about that place!!! I was going there in the mid '80's in my "cal bug". LOL!!!

mobldj
06-28-2007, 07:46 AM
man i miss naugles,the one on 14th and brockton,i heard he sold it all to del taco.combo burritos with pink lemonade,man he f...ed that up

bob briley
06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
cruising in my 69 karmann ghia, there was no fights,guns,car jacking,just street racing on grove st,and having fun

Racer277
06-29-2007, 01:15 PM
TASTEE FREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd hit that place walking home from school. I owned high scores on their vid games for years...
Then across to Alpha Beta for a huff off the whip cream and to spend our lunch money on donuts...
Use to hit Camelot and Angelos to check the bikes and cars (and chicks).
They filmed the first Vmax commercial at Angelos..

RiverDave
06-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Not sure if they are closed down up there or not, but we have 2 or 3 of them down here in North County! :) Great burgers.
RD

Pussywhippled
06-29-2007, 01:47 PM
cruising in my 69 karmann ghia, there was no fights,guns,car jacking,just street racing on grove st,and having fun
Awe yeah... Racing over on Grove...

Wheeler
06-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Anyone ever hear of Taco Tico? Their horse meat burritos were the best!! :)
I used to go to Taco Tio in Redono Beach, years ago.

Deano
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
This thread is funny.
Who the hell was in Fleetwood? And what the hell happened to those peel back ketchups with the krinkle fries. Oh, and what about the old time stars and hot dogs, lol..
pup n taco...whe used to hit that place before going to highway 39 in the station wagon, all 7 of us :D

Pussywhippled
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I think I will start a new thread...
How many times did you get some at Hwy 39 ???

Deano
06-29-2007, 02:05 PM
How many times did you get some at Hwy 39 ???
More times than I can shake a stick dipped in Bartles and James at:D

squirt'nmyload
06-29-2007, 02:10 PM
"carls jr.......fukk off, i'm eating" :D :D

6 balls
06-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Seems like just yesterday ;)
Grew up in Orange, pretty much one of the first to cruise "The Mall". There were two truck clubs in town, our club "Imperial Trucks" and "Deluxe Trucks". This was before Nissan's and S-10's... old school Courier's, Datsun's and Luv's.
My Courier...
http://members.cox.net/dla/images/fordcourier.jpg
Image out of the '77 Orange High Yearbook... everyone left the front row of the parking lot for our trucks :D
http://members.cox.net/dla/images/77yearbooktrucks.jpg

Racer277
06-29-2007, 02:55 PM
That's bitchen

roostwear
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Seems like just yesterday ;)
Grew up in Orange, pretty much one of the first to cruise "The Mall". There were two truck clubs in town, our club "Imperial Trucks" and "Deluxe Trucks". This was before Nissan's and S-10's... old school Courier's, Datsun's and Luv's.
My Courier...
http://members.cox.net/dla/images/fordcourier.jpg
Image out of the '77 Orange High Yearbook... everyone left the front row of the parking lot for our trucks :D
http://members.cox.net/dla/images/77yearbooktrucks.jpg
'77.... I'd been gone from OHS for 2 years by that time. I was driving the '54 Ford station wagon in my senior year and parked it against the fence along Shaeffer (for a quick getaway at lunch:D ). Our group was still running the old Fords and Chevys, but minitrucks were starting to get as popular as vans.
Raced on Bond if we we didn't have the gas money to drive to Nabisco.

Havasu Doug
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd hit that place walking home from school. I owned high scores on their vid games for years...
Then across to Alpha Beta for a huff off the whip cream and to spend our lunch money on donuts...
Use to hit Camelot and Angelos to check the bikes and cars (and chicks).
They filmed the first Vmax commercial at Angelos..
I worked at Alpha Beta and sometimes even at the one right across the street from Farrell's @ Meats and Tustin in Orange.:D

Havasu Doug
06-29-2007, 04:26 PM
This thread is funny.
Who the hell was in Fleetwood? And what the hell happened to those peel back ketchups with the krinkle fries. Oh, and what about the old time stars and hot dogs, lol..
pup n taco...whe used to hit that place before going to highway 39 in the station wagon, all 7 of us :D
I was waiting for the "Fleetwood" comment to come up. LOL! They seemed to be the biggest truck club around (Orange County) in those days. :D

Baja Big Dog
06-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I refuse to eat at Carl's as long as continue to show those revolting commercials of people eating sloppy noisy hamburgers, they drive me nuts....asked for one of the hamburgers they show on T.V. and they laughed...

bob briley
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
hay what car club did all of u hang with, and what year ( dont be shy we are all old)