PDA

View Full Version : Traffic update at Irvine Lake!!!

MandDPerformance
10-13-2003, 03:26 PM
9:00 a.m. It's bow to stearn out here this morning y'all. A lot of big cruisers doing what they do best,"cruising," and a whole lot of other folks taking a joyous Sunday drive.
10:30a.m. Wow!!! I think I can see the water flattening out. I can't wait to see the hot flats make some passes. Oooops. I spoke to soon. Here comes 9 boats around the corner.
12:00 p.m. It's lunch time and it's looking like the lake might try again to flatten out and let the fast guys run hard. Wrong again. Doesn't anybody eat around here?!!!!
Segue:
4:00 p.m. After waiting all day for flat "go really fast" water and not getting any cooperation from the other boaters the drag boats decide to try once more to run. Now that most of the people have left and the Semi-boats are off of the water they are feeling pretty confident that this is their time. Not so fast!!! The only "jet boat" at the "V-Drive" regatta just barrell rolled on the West Bound I.L. Freeway.
Bummer! I really wanted to see some fast,"out the back door", passes. :confused:

77charger
10-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I hear you i only got 2 full passes.waited alot at the end for some flat water then someone would come and use my boat for a turn around bouy.

Moneypitt
10-13-2003, 03:49 PM
AH yes, what a pleasure to see that old "hot rod magazine" barge run it's 30 to 40 mph laps, leaving those great 3 foot rollers all over the cove we were stuck in.... And yes, there were some other boats out there that left a wake behind, but the U9 boat was creating waves you could've surfed, AGAIN!!!!!.. That boat swamped my boat so bad that my day was over, I don't have any pumps for the sponsons...10 gal of water, because of THAT boat, AGAIN!!!(just like last time). If they have another event there, maybe the "cruisers" should be limited to certain times of the day. My boat isn't as fast as some, my boat isn't pretty, my boat isn't what people came to see run, but when I go out I wring it's neck!!! and run it as hard as it will run, this isn't a sunday drive regatta, come on, if you're out for a cruise, at least back off long enough for the heavy hitters to get some clean water. This isn't a circle race, and who were you racing. Just tearing up the water hardly counts, if you wanted to have some competition running aroud at 35 mph, ask some of the fishermen there to race you!!! And to the organizers, next time close to whole (tiny) lake for the whole day, no fishing at any time, PERIOD. And to the assholes on the poontoon boat that feel like throwing rocks at the hot boats that get to close to you on their way to the ramp..Throw ANYTHING at me, asshole, and I'll ruin your whole worthless fishing life. Like I said, A v drive regatta, means just that, NO other boats period!!!!!!(I am glad the jet intruder wasn't hurt, maybe he shoulda stayed on the porch)....My .02..Moneypitt

superdave013
10-13-2003, 04:07 PM
MandD, Are you running Ming this weekend?

77charger
10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
superdave013:
MandD, Are you running Ming this weekend? Dave you headed up?you already know we are.

superdave013
10-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Thinkin about it.

BILLY.B
10-13-2003, 06:26 PM
77charger:
I hear you i only got 2 full passes.waited alot at the end for some flat water then someone would come and use my boat for a turn around bouy. :confused: :confused: I hope we didn't screw you up if that was directed at the K's running around in the afternoon. We looked around at lunch and figured it was so "SHITTY" out there that we wouldn't make it any worse for you then it was. In fact I don't remember any runner bottoms out there when we came around the corner, and if there had been I would of gladly pulled over to let you run. Nothing like watching some fast flats making passes, especially if they turn left at the end and come flying back the other direction :D :D .
[ October 13, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: BILLY.B ]

Sangster
10-13-2003, 06:36 PM
BILLY.B:
77charger:
I hear you i only got 2 full passes.waited alot at the end for some flat water then someone would come and use my boat for a turn around bouy. :confused: :confused: I hope we didn't screw you up if that was directed at the K's running around in the afternoon. We looked around at lunch and figured it was so "SHITTY" out there that we wouldn't make it any worse for you then it was. In fact I don't remember any runner bottoms out there when we came around the corner, and if there had been I would of gladly pulled over to let you run. nothing like watching of fast flats making some passes, especially if they turn left at the end and come flying back the other direction :D :D . Sounds like to much to remember...Hammer the gas,Count to "5"...Turn left...And do it again going the other way.....Way to much work... sleeping .....Hey Chief, You gonna be at the shop one day this week if your not to tired from all this ***boatin'...I'll call tomorrow sometime...Hope alls well....See ya'
:cool: :cool: :cool:
[ October 13, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

BGMAN203
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
I am staying out of this one... but I will say one thing, If you went hoping to make "out the door passes" all day long then maybe you should go to a organized drag race, with rescue and all that stuff. Not all v- drives are race boats. I enjoyed everyones company and would go back again. I am sorry if I got in anyones way or is my wake disrupted anyones pass. I said more than I wanted to...but just my $.02
Brian
[ October 13, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: BGMAN203 ]

77charger
10-13-2003, 06:43 PM
BILLY.B:
77charger:
I hear you i only got 2 full passes.waited alot at the end for some flat water then someone would come and use my boat for a turn around bouy. :confused: :confused: I hope we didn't screw you up if that was directed at the K's running around in the afternoon. We looked around at lunch and figured it was so "SHITTY" out there that we wouldn't make it any worse for you then it was. In fact I don't remember any runner bottoms out there when we came around the corner, and if there had been I would of gladly pulled over to let you run. Nothing like watching some fast flats making passes, especially if they turn left at the end and come flying back the other direction :D :D . No it wasnt you this was earlier in te morning i was on shore watching your boat make some good runs.

BILLY.B
10-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Sangster:
BILLY.B:
77charger:
I hear you i only got 2 full passes.waited alot at the end for some flat water then someone would come and use my boat for a turn around bouy. :confused: :confused: I hope we didn't screw you up if that was directed at the K's running around in the afternoon. We looked around at lunch and figured it was so "SHITTY" out there that we wouldn't make it any worse for you then it was. In fact I don't remember any runner bottoms out there when we came around the corner, and if there had been I would of gladly pulled over to let you run. nothing like watching of fast flats making some passes, especially if they turn left at the end and come flying back the other direction :D :D . Sounds like to much to remember...Hammer the gas,Count to "5"...Turn left...And do it again going the other way.....Way to much work... sleeping .....Hey Chief, You gonna be at the shop one day this week if your not to tired from all this ***boatin'...I'll call tomorrow sometime...Hope alls well....See ya'
:cool: :cool: :cool: I'll be there all day CHIEF!!! Look forward to chating witch ya...

WILDERTHANU
10-13-2003, 07:45 PM
HOPE THE FOOD WAS BETTER THAN THE WATER.......

ACCEPTENCE
10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Whoopie-Doo...a smashing good time!!!
The river was flat all day :D

MandDPerformance
10-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Billy B.,
Thank God you have a K boat and you were able to run. You know how much I and everyone else enjoys watching you and The Krazy Kolors Express rip it up. The highlight of my afternoon was watching you, an experienced and cautious driver, run your boat to its potential. You had five minutes of fame chief; I just wish everyone else was given the same opportunity.
To the promoters;
When's the last time Irvine lake had this many "paying" spectators and participants for one event and made that much revenue? Don't you think that maybe the 15 or so fisherman could've be sent home for 1 day in order for the other hundreds of people to enjoy themselves and their toys? This would've opened up the whole lake; giving the circle boats the circle side and the hot rods a hot rod side. We attended the first event and couldn't wait for the second. What a disappointment!! I hope this can be resolved because Irvine Lake really does have a lot to offer. idea

Hustler
10-13-2003, 10:03 PM
MandDPerformance:
Billy B.,
Thank God you have a K boat and you were able to run. You know how much I and everyone else enjoys watching you and The Krazy Kolors Express rip it up. The highlight of my afternoon was watching you, an experienced and cautious driver, run your boat to its potential. You had five minutes of fame chief; I just wish everyone else was given the same opportunity.
To the promoters;
When's the last time Irvine lake had this many "paying" spectators and participants for one event and made that much revenue? Don't you think that maybe the 15 or so fisherman could've be sent home for 1 day in order for the other hundreds of people to enjoy themselves and their toys? This would've opened up the whole lake; giving the circle boats the circle side and the hot rods a hot rod side. We attended the first event and couldn't wait for the second. What a disappointment!! I hope this can be resolved because Irvine Lake really does have a lot to offer. idea If I recall correctly your boat sat anchored for more than an hour in the morning when the water was glass.
Last time I checked this was a v-drive REGATTA not a DRAG BOAT get together

MandDPerformance
10-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Yes it was a V-Drive regatta. I don't recall ever saying it was a drag boat get together. Those take place at the Drags quite often. I'm not asking for a whole day of flat water; just some cooperation from fellow V-Drivers so everyone can run their boats. I enjoyed watching everyone have fun, just thought it would be nice to see,"and drive," one of the fast flats on a full pass near shore.

Hydrotherapy
10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Hustler:
MandDPerformance:
Billy B.,
To the promoters;
When's the last time Irvine lake had this many "paying" spectators and participants for one event and made that much revenue? Don't you think that maybe the 15 or so fisherman could've be sent home for 1 day in order for the other hundreds of people to enjoy themselves and their toys? This would've opened up the whole lake; giving the circle boats the circle side and the hot rods a hot rod side. We attended the first event and couldn't wait for the second. What a disappointment!! I hope this can be resolved because Irvine Lake really does have a lot to offer. idea If I recall correctly your boat sat anchored for more than an hour in the morning when the water was glass.
Last time I checked this was a v-drive REGATTA not a DRAG BOAT get together I have been a lucker for quite awhile and felt that this was the time to post a comment. I had read all the BS about JetboatGuru & M&D performance and thought it would be a great day to take a drive and watch the boats square up and make some passes, not only that but check out the water to possibly bring my hyrdo to the next event. Well it wasn't to be :( . All I got to witness was a bunch of guy's driving there boats around in circles while the fast guy's sat at the end of the lake waiting to make a pass. Now if I had wanted to see guy's seating around while the inconsiderate boaters just went every which direction I could of gone to Mission Bay which is only 5 minutes from my house and not spent $10.00 bucks to get in. Now I know that this was a V-Drive event and everybody is entitled to RUN what you BRUNG, but come on, these DRAG FLATS or HYDROS could use a little cooperation from there fellow boaters :mad: , after all it will only be for a few minutes.

smalls
10-14-2003, 06:20 AM
I drove down from "NORCAL" and had a blast! Good to see are Socal bros and meet some new faces. It was kinda limited on smooth water but I liked to watch all the boats run, Some just kept runnin and runnin ,,,, Who let the jet boat in? eek! The white boat was like a bad car accident, Don't wanna see it but you just can't look away. That guy is on borrowed time. Who was the crack head in the blue and white Eliminator doing circles around the pontoon boat? smile_sp M&D Thanks for the float time on the Pontoon.
Let's see some pics! I have some I will post tonight.
Great meeting everyone, Smalls

superdave013
10-14-2003, 06:28 AM
Hydrotherapy:
Now I know that this was a V-Drive event and everybody is entitled to RUN what you BRUNG, but come on, these DRAG FLATS or HYDROS could use a little cooperation from there fellow boaters :mad: , after all it will only be for a few minutes. You know, this was only the second event. There is a no racing thing that I'm pretty sure is insurance related.
Anyway maybe they will set up a time to laydown some speed runs. Like during lunch (or someting like that) we could kick back and watch the fast guys.

Hud
10-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Sound's like Camp Far West Father's Day!! We had a flyer handed out for the race time's, that was a joke. Same problem with the same kind of boats burningm New Year's day, same deal!
[ October 14, 2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Hud ]

Sangster
10-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Hud.. NYD is jest around the corner...is there going to be any water...

smalls
10-14-2003, 06:52 AM
superdave013:
Hydrotherapy:
Now I know that this was a V-Drive event and everybody is entitled to RUN what you BRUNG, but come on, these DRAG FLATS or HYDROS could use a little cooperation from there fellow boaters :mad: , after all it will only be for a few minutes. You know, this was only the second event. There is a no racing thing that I'm pretty sure is insurance related.
Anyway maybe they will set up a time to laydown some speed runs. Like during lunch (or someting like that) we could kick back and watch the fast guys. SD, Thanks for all the love, We had a good time!
Just have to run early in the morning and later in the eve and hope you get a chance in between.
Just watch the show the rest of the time! smile_sp

Hemiroid
10-14-2003, 08:04 AM
MandDPerformance:
9:00 a.m. It's bow to stearn out here this morning y'all. A lot of big cruisers doing what they do best,"cruising," and a whole lot of other folks taking a joyous Sunday drive.
10:30a.m. Wow!!! I think I can see the water flattening out. I can't wait to see the hot flats make some passes. Oooops. I spoke to soon. Here comes 9 boats around the corner.
12:00 p.m. It's lunch time and it's looking like the lake might try again to flatten out and let the fast guys run hard. Wrong again. Doesn't anybody eat around here?!!!!
Segue:
4:00 p.m. After waiting all day for flat "go really fast" water and not getting any cooperation from the other boaters the drag boats decide to try once more to run. Now that most of the people have left and the Semi-boats are off of the water they are feeling pretty confident that this is their time. Not so fast!!! The only "jet boat" at the "V-Drive" regatta just barrell rolled on the West Bound I.L. Freeway.
Bummer! I really wanted to see some fast,"out the back door", passes. :confused: What is the problem with the water in this picture. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103PA120852-1.jpg
It Lookie's fine to me.

Brodie
10-14-2003, 08:33 AM
dang. that water looks prety good. what time is that?
nice Sanger

Hustler
10-14-2003, 09:07 AM
M and D, I understand what you guys are saying, Dont get me wrong, one of the main reasons I came out was to watch you fast guys make a few pass's, the best ones I saw all day were probably the ones you made in morning. All I'm trying to say is there are very few of these events any more (thanks to our wonderful insurance industry) and I think we should be thanking the people that put this together and put there money on the line to make this happen. I think with events like this if you try and schedule a time for guys like you and Guru and Small's and Billy B to make some run's who's to say the next cant go out and do the same? The one problem I see with that is, any body can go out and build a 130 mph flat but not every one can drive one, sooner or later it's going to bit someone in the ass then it's all over.

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Hi guys, just in....
I met a few of you Smalls, V-Drive Vid, JetboatGuru( & all aliases) ... I even scored rats #1... Its on loop at the house....
I had to leave at noon for a wedding, but I was anxiously awaiting to witness speed runs; the same problems existed after I left I am reading. Mainly, everone was going everwhere & no water for the fast guys to run; except EARLY AM....
I did see the M&D boat make a few fast passes
in the morning... Man that thing HAULS AZZ...
I love it ! I wanted to see him & Guru lay some runs down...Seems there might be a lil someth'in, someth'in on the line there ???
RE : That Jet boat, I personally saw a guy in a green shirt ( IL Worker ) kick the guy off the ramp earlier in the day !! How did he get back on the ramp....???
My Vote for Next time is more industry partcipation .. I'd love to see some booths, t-Shirt Sales, etc.. from the engine guys, parts guys and builders, etc ... You know, make it a festival and hoot'in good time. Also, lay down a schedule of events at a mandatory drivers meeting or something essentially getting everyone on same page ... i.e. Smooth water times for the fast flatties.. Then the vintage show for the HotRod boat- that thing is weak and I've seen it twice already !!! NEXT PLEASE !
Also, I saw somebody from the board here associated with Motely Crew.... Get a impromtue gig going - ....We All Deserve it !
Just my .02,
Rick 32 / Carbon Marine :cool: :cool:

Jetboatguru
10-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Had a great time at Irvine. Met lots of people and had a blast. As far as the water situation goes, it is no big deal. Everbody has their own agenda. Everybody paid $50 large and was entitled to the water. Some common courtesy could have been shown but nevertheless, it was a great day. The race between #141 and #977 will happen one day. The highlight of my day was Amy doing a Photo shoot on the deck of my boat. I have not washed the deck nor will I ever wash it again. As a matter of fact, I am cutting out pieces of the deck that she laid on and auctioning them on EBAY. I was very happy with my Anchor Buddy purchase. Those things rule. Thanks to the promoter of this Irvine deal.
Hey Bgman203 was that your Blue raised deck Hondo anchored next to me? If so, why didn't you introduce yourself?

Ian
10-14-2003, 02:30 PM
M and D, I understand what you guys are saying, Dont get me wrong, one of the main reasons I came out was to watch you fast guys make a few pass's, the best ones I saw all day were probably the ones you made in morning. All I'm trying to say is there are very few of these events any more (thanks to our wonderful insurance industry) and I think we should be thanking the people that put this together and put there money on the line to make this happen. I think with events like this if you try and schedule a time for guys like you and Guru and Small's and Billy B to make some run's who's to say the next cant go out and do the same? The one problem I see with that is, any body can go out and build a 130 mph flat but not every one can drive one, sooner or later it's going to bit someone in the ass then it's all over. Come on Hustler not anyone can put together a 130mph flat and fast flats have been bitting people in the ass for years, does that mean we should all leave them on the trailer? Hell no! Plus they are less likely to bite anyone in the ass if we all show each other a little respect and clear the like a couple times a day so the water is smooth enough for the fast guys. I have to agree with MandD, it wouldn't be that difficult to set aside an hour slot a few times through out the day for the fast flats to do some passes out the back door. I didn't bring my boat this time because I tried to sign up too late, but after seeing the water conditions I'm glad I didn't. Lets be honest we all came hoping to see some fast boats, isn't that why we got into v-drives in the first place.

MandDPerformance
10-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Hemiroid
[/qb]What is the problem with the water in this picture. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103PA120852-1.jpg
It Lookie's fine to me. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Water was great there!!! I think it just got tied up for a couple minutes while I got suited up. If you'd shave that friggin mullett and glue the hair to your chest you might be man enough to drive that there boat. :D :D :D
To my Nor CAl friends. Sure was cool seeing you guys. Thanks sooo much for the sticker!!!! wink wink
To anyone I may have offended with this topic;
It certainly wasn't my intention to piss anyone off or make it sound as though I only like "drag boats." I truly enjoy all types of boats,"ok. Sooo I only like V-Drives," and I appreciate all the workmanship that's put into these boats to make them run and look as good as they do. That's why I posted this topic. To resolve an old problem and make it so everyone can "show off" their boat after 8:00 am. :) :)

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Guru,
Tell us more about the photo shoot..... do we get to see pictures ???
Rick32

Jetboatguru
10-14-2003, 02:45 PM
M and D,
I admire your enthusiasm. Your boat runs as good as it looks. Get that steering fixed and put her away for the winter. I will be busy building the U18 boat to compete with the U9. I purchased the V-drive and it is as big as a city block. I just dropped the crankshaft in the motor and will get it short blocked next week. I will do my best to keep the wake as little as possible. Here a pic of the crank.
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/008/16/31/82/07/L9wlbk4gYt3kiKqtTFwJh4wN1MwRrdzR0293.jpg

Jetboatguru
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I will post the pics as soon as I see them. I am just glad I was standing in water above my waste. jawdrop :D :D jawdrop

MandDPerformance
10-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Jetboatguru:
Had a great time at Irvine. Met lots of people and had a blast. As far as the water situation goes, it is no big deal. Everbody has their own agenda. Everybody paid $50 large and was entitled to the water. Some common courtesy could have been shown but nevertheless, it was a great day. The race between #141 and #977 will happen one day. The highlight of my day was Amy doing a Photo shoot on the deck of my boat. I have not washed the deck nor will I ever wash it again. As a matter of fact, I am cutting out pieces of the deck that she laid on and auctioning them on EBAY. I was very happy with my Anchor Buddy purchase. Those things rule. Thanks to the promoter of this Irvine deal.
Hey Bgman203 was that your Blue raised deck Hondo anchored next to me? If so, why didn't you introduce yourself? You'd better not be cutting up the deck of My Boat!! You know; The orange and white one that Amy actually posed on. With the deck in one piece I can actually lay on top of her. :D :D
Carbon Marines got some good points!!!

hboldno7
10-14-2003, 02:55 PM
It Sounds like the only solution will be to make it an invite only deal to weed out the big wake makers. you guys can call it the Irvine Lake V"ip"-Drive Regatta. Till then, have fun watching the k boats haul ass :D

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Irvine V"ip"- Drive.I like it !
lol,
Rick32/CarbonMarine

BiggusJimbus
10-14-2003, 05:22 PM
My totally unsolicited comments:
Events like this take time to gain momentum. I hope you can make it work, sounds like you did pretty good the first event.
Any problems, even if it means find a different venue and start over, it's worth it.
The main thing is keep trying. These boats need to be out where people can see them. Especially, young people and families. Any reason to get the boats out in public is a good thing.
Pass the love for these things down to people that will keep it alive. Otherwise, we'll be doomed to a world of disposable boats (and everything else for that matter).

BGMAN203
10-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Jetboatguru:
Hey Bgman203 was that your Blue raised deck Hondo anchored next to me? If so, why didn't you introduce yourself? That was me Tony. Don't know why I didn't. I didn't want to have to race you I guess. I didn't want ass dragging pile-o-crap to show ya up!!j/k I might come to bako to spectate this weekend. But I am going to the WF for sure in 2 weeks. Ill make it a point to intro myself then. Sorry bro.

Jetboatguru
10-14-2003, 08:06 PM
No problem, come by in Bakersfield and look for the #766 Pro Gas Flat "The Abyss" or the #825 Ski Flat No name yet. Black and blue striping on the side. If not, I will see you in PHX for sure. Take it easy.
JBG

Havasuhog
10-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Jetboatguru:
M and D,
I admire your enthusiasm. Your boat runs as good as it looks. Get that steering fixed and put her away for the winter. I will be busy building the U18 boat to compete with the U9. I purchased the V-drive and it is as big as a city block. I just dropped the crankshaft in the motor and will get it short blocked next week. I will do my best to keep the wake as little as possible. Here a pic of the crank.
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/008/16/31/82/07/L9wlbk4gYt3kiKqtTFwJh4wN1MwRrdzR0293.jpg

77charger
10-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Jetboatguru:
No problem, come by in Bakersfield and look for the #766 Pro Gas Flat "The Abyss" or the #825 Ski Flat No name yet. Black and blue striping on the side. If not, I will see you in PHX for sure. Take it easy.
JBG Tony you still doing double duty driving two boats?I'll see you this weekend.

Hud
10-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Sangster, there's always water @ CFW the 1st of the year! :D