PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Az, Anyone from there?

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I am thiniking on relocating to Mesa, leaving So Cal.
Anyone from there? If so Hate it ? Love it?
Shorter drive to the River for me!!
Thanks in advance for the opinions...

TAF
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Queen Creek is too crowded now. Mesa is closer to 4 lakes, Saguaro Lake 10 mins, Canyon L. 25 mins, Apache Lake. 50 mins, and Roosevelt 1+ hr:idea:
More jobs and affordable homes in Mesa. All ethnics type areas too.:confused:

Magic34
06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I live in Mesa. The North/Northeast side.
I love it and would not consider moving anywhere else in the Phoenix metro area. I am 17 minutes from the ariport and traffic on the 202 out here is usually light in the afternoons.
I hae a 2/3 acre lot with 21 orange trees. Plenty of room out this way. Acre lots in my area are going for $600k-$750k.
What is your budget for a home? That will help determine what area of Mesa you'll be in.

Magic34
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Queen Creek is too crowded now. Mesa is closer to 4 lakes, Saguaro Lake 10 mins, Canyon L. 25 mins, Apache Lake. 50 mins, and Roosevelt 1+ hr:idea:
More jobs and affordable homes in Mesa. All ethnics type areas too.:confused:
From me, Roosevelt (when 80%+ full) is the size of Havasu and is about 90-100 minutes from my door at Val Vista and McKellips to the lake,
Pleasant is about 1 hour away. Sometimes 50 mintues, other 65-70 mintues.

Mrs. 20
06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
We are seriously thinking about an East valley move as well. We are in Surprise right now. We are contractors though, and for the past year all of our work has been in Queen Creek and Mesa.

old flat
06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
114 deg F wrong place to relocate... Stay in SO CAL, don't need you, Got too many now, with no open season, AZ. is not the place to be. !!!!

AZKC
06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I've heard there is some LEO guy in training in Mesa, guys supposed to be some real hardnose hardass.:devil: Watch out for him:D

Wheeler
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I moved to Az. about a year and a half ago, I think I miss the Oc., I am here (Oc.) on business and I am thinking of buying another home here. Depends on your circumstances, spend a year in Az. before you move there on a permanent basis.
Ps. if you want a place to stay for a while, or visit to see what the desert is like, I have some property 38 mi. from Parker, I will not be using it while I am working in the Oc.

79centurion
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Mesa has good and bad areas. I like chandler area better
Dan

Tequila-John
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
i live is Gilbert AZ. LOVE IT!

cdog
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd stick to the north east side of Mesa. Lot's of new homes out there. Close to salt river & canyon lake. 202 is not too bad with traffic yet. If your looking for resale homes I'm a Broker in AZ and will be relocating from oc after our kid is born in Sep.. Good luck!

Mrs. 20
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Wish I could live in OC.:(

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 11:38 AM
i live is Gilbert AZ. LOVE IT!
Gilbert, sorry to hear that. Where should we send the flowers. Mesa has the most of the um, gosh whats that word. Oh yea, people from the southern most boarder. "Mesa oh whata place-a" was the slogan. I guess they have a BEAUTIFUL new arts center that NO ONE GOES TOO. And soon to have a 5 acre water park that will be filled with bathing boarder jumpers. But realy, nothing like driving down Mckellips in the spring and smelling all the orange blossums. Just as long as you stay in the east valley you will be OK. The west valley has "STUFF" in the water, people over there are nuts.

Mrs. 20
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM
The west valley has "STUFF" in the water, people over there are nuts.
Oh really :idea:

cdog
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Wish I could live in OC.:(
I suppose the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. Consider you need $650k for a 3 bedroom econo shit box house in a neighborhood where at least 50% speak english. O this place is paradise.:)

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh really :idea:
LOL. Yes it's true. Maybe 2-3 years ago all the water in your area was bad. They were told not to drink it. I think it lasted for a couple of weeks. You didn't know that??

Magic34
06-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I'd stick to the north east side of Mesa. Lot's of new homes out there. Close to salt river & canyon lake. 202 is not too bad with traffic yet. If your looking for resale homes I'm a Broker in AZ and will be relocating from oc after our kid is born in Sep.. Good luck!
What area will you be moving to?

Magic34
06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Gilbert, sorry to hear that. Where should we send the flowers. Mesa has the most of the um, gosh whats that word. Oh yea, people from the southern most boarder. "Mesa oh whata place-a" was the slogan. I guess they have a BEAUTIFUL new arts center that NO ONE GOES TOO. And soon to have a 5 acre water park that will be filled with bathing boarder jumpers. But realy, nothing like driving down Mckellips in the spring and smelling all the orange blossums. Just as long as you stay in the east valley you will be OK. The west valley has "STUFF" in the water, people over there are nuts.
Not too many illegals in my neighborhood.

mbrown2
06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Just moved from 805 in Cali to Chandler...love it so far...
Could not believe driving around town on the weekend it seemed like Cali about 15-20 years ago...(no traffic)....Go from the valley to the OC or the beach on weekend and you better be through the Sepulveda pass before 8:30am or be facing traffic on the 405...sux...Traffic is not non-existent here, but definitely not like Cali..
Going to the river on a Friday afternoon from the east valley is nothing like going from the 805 through the inland empire during the same time.
Really liking it so far and people actually seem nice you meet at the mall, eating, shopping, etc..
Plus the 2 hours and 45 min is better then 5.5 was from the 805.

drtywhat
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Mrs 20's
what type of contracting do you guys do??

Steamin' Rice
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
What about this guy?? :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_2331.jpg

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh really now. What's that mowing your grass and picking your fruit so the rats don't move into your attic??? Go west young man go west. About mesa drive from there on over to alam and McKellips on south into gilbert. What about 8th street and extention hhhhmmmmm. Little mexico with the purple and neon green houses. All them stinking Cowboy lovers. I would say from gilbert road on east is a good area. STAY OUT OF AJ. I kinda like AJ it's still nice and slow out there, and you can still find dirt roads to play on.

Riverdog1
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I live in Estrella out west. No crime up there, no border jumpers (except the gardeners) no spray paint, no heaps of shit on jacks in the front yards. 10 minutes down the hill then 20 to Phoenix. 35-40 Minutes from Pleasant. I love it here.

cdog
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
What area will you be moving to?
Somewhere in Scottsdale. We like the Cactus/Scottsdale Hayden area but are leaning north toward carefree hwy and Scottsdale area because of the newer homes & closer to the steamin rice family.:D We should have a get together once we get out there. I hear you have a little one the way too.

TAF
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Photo chic is stuck in Queen Creek :sqeyes: and wants to have a drink:) / hangout at San Tan Flats near Queen Creek tonight. All flights to TX were canceled yesterday and today due to weather.:idea: :D

Delta River Rat
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
WOW! Sure are a lot of bigots here. Next time the gadener comes you guys should get your white robes and pointy hat and have yerself an' ol' fashoned hangin'...then go procreate with your sister. Jeez!

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I live in Estrella out west. No crime up there, no border jumpers (except the gardeners) no spray paint, no heaps of shit on jacks in the front yards. 10 minutes down the hill then 20 to Phoenix. 35-40 Minutes from Pleasant. I love it here.
So was George El' Washington out there chopping down the Cherry Tree, ooop's I meen the power pole?? 100+ and no power, ben there done that. So when you bought that house did you like the fact that you were supporting a WIFE BEATER in the likes of Jason (punk) Kid. Boy they dropped him like a hot rock.

cdog
06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
WOW! Sure are a lot of bigots here. Next time the gadener comes you guys should get your white robes and pointy hat and have yerself an' ol' fashoned hangin'...then go procreate with your sister. Jeez!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/reevehighhorse.jpg

squirt'nmyload
06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
i am in dobson ranch in a newer home on the water. quite a few for sale around here. i like where we are because we are really close to US60 and the 101(less than a mile). the closest lake, besides the one in my backyard, is saguaro which is 25 mins from my door :D definately choose wisely which part of mesa you live in because there are some really shitty parts.

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Get over it!!!!!

2Driver
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Somewhere in Scottsdale. We like the Cactus/Scottsdale Hayden area but are leaning north toward carefree hwy and Scottsdale area because of the newer homes & closer to the steamin rice family.:D We should have a get together once we get out there. I hear you have a little one the way too.
After you thats it, no more. :D

Magic34
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh really now. What's that mowing your grass and picking your fruit so the rats don't move into your attic??? Go west young man go west. About mesa drive from there on over to alam and McKellips on south into gilbert. What about 8th street and extention hhhhmmmmm. Little mexico with the purple and neon green houses. All them stinking Cowboy lovers. I would say from gilbert road on east is a good area. STAY OUT OF AJ. I kinda like AJ it's still nice and slow out there, and you can still find dirt roads to play on.
That's the beauty of the 202. No exits at Mesa Dr or Stapley. Out where I am, nice stuff all around. I am happy.
And my landscapers... They said they were legal, but I couldn't understand what they were saying so I decided that is what they said.
The fruit picker was actually a stupid ass annoying white guy this year. I prefer the other breed if the white fruit pickers are all like that.

Magic34
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Little one got here June 15. :)

Magic34
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
i am in dobson ranch in a newer home on the water. quite a few for sale around here. i like where we are because we are really close to US60 and the 101(less than a mile). the closest lake, besides the one in my backyard, is saguaro which is 25 mins from my door :D definately choose wisely which part of mesa you live in because there are some really shitty parts.
I grew up in that area and went to the local high school. Dobson Ranch was the shiz back in the day. Still nice though, just not as new as some of the other developments.

cdog
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Little one got here June 15. :)
Congrats!:D

cdog
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
After you thats it, no more. :D
Nice to know I'm welcome. :D

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
114 deg F wrong place to relocate... Stay in SO CAL, don't need you, Got too many now, with no open season, AZ. is not the place to be. !!!!
Sorry do not mean to invaid Az, But my wife and I love the desert and all manufacturing jobs are heading your way. On a side note we are working on opening up a Machine Shop there. Custom one off boat parts and off road parts. Reasonable price and the best quality for one off custom's period.
Also repair work to keep all of us on the water!
Thank you to everyone who responded to this! it helps!!!
My Wife and I are heading out there next month to check things out.
** U Know in the cool part of the season!!! ** LOL. :D
See you on the Lake / and on the Parker Strip.

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
No worries, Folk hate folks from California moving into there state. Cannot say I blame them. There is a reason my wife and I want to move out of here. Not all of the Cali folks are bad though.
I did not want to offend anyone here just looking for an honest answer to what it is like in Mesa, I assumed that all the folks that I have met at the River would tell it like it is. And I thank them for that.

Xlration Marine
06-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Boat parts you say. I think Phil could use some compitition. Next month? Bring some Pam so you don't stick to the side walk, or any non stick coating will do.

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Boat parts you say. I think Phil could use some compitition. Next month? Bring some Pam so you don't stick to the side walk, or any non stick coating will do.
No we are doing a shop for one off products. Contract CNC machining / Waterjet and design. I just cannot find anyone to support older boat's, Bikes., Toys in general without costing the general public and me an arm and a leg. I figured I machine and design my own stuff and for friends, Why not make a go of it. Help some friends with some one of a kind products and fabrication and make a couple of bucks while I am at it! Yea I hear the heat there will melt your legs to the concrete! The wife already warned me, AIR CONDITIONING 24-7:jawdrop: :D

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
We have lived in Mesa for about 5 years now, lots of growth, some good, some just big city box store b.s. going up every where. The Baseline to McKellips area (east) above Ellsworth is kinda a hot bed for new houses of all ranges, Whisper Mountain Homes are real nice, Crismon & University ?? area I believe, were 20 miles from Sahuro, 27 to Canyon, 1 1/2 Hrs to Roosevelt, 2 1/2 Hrs to Parker, 3 1/2 to Havasu. Real nice mini mall at Baseline & Signal Butte being developed & finished. Cool area.
Scott
Thank you. The wife and I would like to stay out of the big city stuff, We are really tired of it. I Will check it out when we get up there.

Twins+one
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Just moved from 805 in Cali to Chandler...love it so far...
Could not believe driving around town on the weekend it seemed like Cali about 15-20 years ago...(no traffic)....Go from the valley to the OC or the beach on weekend and you better be through the Sepulveda pass before 8:30am or be facing traffic on the 405...sux...Traffic is not non-existent here, but definitely not like Cali..
Going to the river on a Friday afternoon from the east valley is nothing like going from the 805 through the inland empire during the same time.
Really liking it so far and people actually seem nice you meet at the mall, eating, shopping, etc..
Plus the 2 hours and 45 min is better then 5.5 was from the 805.
We need to meet. You are from my old hood!
Stilleto, you will not regret it. I moved from Ventura County out to Chandler 2 years ago and love it. I go back to CA on a quarterly basis for business and swear to god everytime I hit Pasadena I want to turn around and head home. I will fly sometimes into Burbank and that is a little better, cost me about $100 to fly plus $80 for the convertible mustang, then I hit the beach for some body surfing, meet some customers then back home on the 9 p.m. flight out of CA. Housing is great, neighbors are great, lakes are O.K. Powell is 4 1/2 hours away. Blythe is 2 1/2, Yuma is 2 hours away, pleasent is 45 minutes, saguaro is 20. Lots to do in Chandler. I do not know if you have children, but it (Chandler) is very familly friendly. Housing has come down since last year, and there are a lot of deals to be had. For instance, lake home, 3000 sq. feet 4 bedroom plus basement, RV access, gated is about $500K . Other homes, not gated, but 3000 sq. + are in the $300 and up range.
Also, we have Sheriff Joe, so if you like to drink and drive, DON'T at least not here. The police, at least here in Chandler are great. Ex. I saw a guy drivng around the neighborhood who I have never seen and just kept cruising up and down my street (impala with daytons, hat sideways etc...). Well I call the cops and no joke 1 minute later they show up and find the guy and have never seen him again.
To answer your question though, north east mesa is really nice. Las Sendas, and the Groves are where to be looking at. Also, if you can afford it, behind Camel Back is nice as well.

Stiletto24
06-27-2007, 08:13 PM
We need to meet. You are from my old hood!
Stilleto, you will not regret it. I moved from Ventura County out to Chandler 2 years ago and love it. I go back to CA on a quarterly basis for business and swear to god everytime I hit Pasadena I want to turn around and head home. I will fly sometimes into Burbank and that is a little better, cost me about $100 to fly plus $80 for the convertible mustang, then I hit the beach for some body surfing, meet some customers then back home on the 9 p.m. flight out of CA. Housing is great, neighbors are great, lakes are O.K. Powell is 4 1/2 hours away. Blythe is 2 1/2, Yuma is 2 hours away, pleasent is 45 minutes, saguaro is 20. Lots to do in Chandler. I do not know if you have children, but it (Chandler) is very familly friendly. Housing has come down since last year, and there are a lot of deals to be had. For instance, lake home, 3000 sq. feet 4 bedroom plus basement, RV access, gated is about $500K . Other homes, not gated, but 3000 sq. + are in the $300 and up range.
Also, we have Sheriff Joe, so if you like to drink and drive, DON'T at least not here. The police, at least here in Chandler are great. Ex. I saw a guy drivng around the neighborhood who I have never seen and just kept cruising up and down my street (impala with daytons, hat sideways etc...). Well I call the cops and no joke 1 minute later they show up and find the guy and have never seen him again.
Hi Twins +1
Yes I have 2 Sons one is 20 and the other is 14. The market sounds great, Housing is a bit soft, Great for the buyer! I have heard of sheriff Joe down here. Tough cop! No Drinking and Driving / Boating for me. Only when my rear end hits the shore or home! Then it is on!!
The traffic sucks here! I was born in Long Beach and raised here. Lots of changes! not a lot of them good! We stay at Parker at Echo Lodge, The river is small but the wife and I like it, Most of the time Really quite! Yea the more we look at Az the more we like it. Housing and Work.

Twins+one
06-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Twins +1
Yes I have 2 Sons one is 20 and the other is 14. The market sounds great, Housing is a bit soft, Great for the buyer! I have heard of sheriff Joe down here. Tough cop! No Drinking and Driving / Boating for me. Only when my rear end hits the shore or home! Then it is on!!
The traffic sucks here! I was born in Long Beach and raised here. Lots of changes! not a lot of them good! We stay at Parker at Echo Lodge, The river is small but the wife and I like it, Most of the time Really quite! Yea the more we look at Az the more we like it. Housing and Work.
Parker is little over three hours. The bonus though is once you are 10 mintues out of PHX you do not hit the brakes until parker. That is what I most love about this place. If I go shopping, I get what I need and check out, no lines. If I want to go to downtown to see a boat show, home show etc.. I go, spend 15 mintues driving, see he show then head home. It is not an all day event. Or going to the airport. It is seriously 15 miles from my house and I have never spent more then 20 minutes getting there, try that at LAX or John Wayne.
If you have any questions or need a realtor just let me know!

OverKill
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
The bigger bang for the buck is here in Queen Creek, It's Mesa's next store neighbore. My wife and I picked up 2500 SF for $220,000 that's with all the upgrades. Oh and by the way, after you that is it no more LOL, the lakes are gettin to crowded. If you need a tag along to show you all the hot spots give me a PM and we can meet up.
OverKill

BadKachina
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
When's the tee time???? I used to play Dobson Ranch all the time. I could walk after there in the summer for pennies.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
No we are doing a shop for one off products. Contract CNC machining / Waterjet and design. I just cannot find anyone to support older boat's, Bikes., Toys in general without costing the general public and me an arm and a leg. I figured I machine and design my own stuff and for friends, Why not make a go of it. Help some friends with some one of a kind products and fabrication and make a couple of bucks while I am at it! Yea I hear the heat there will melt your legs to the concrete! The wife already warned me, AIR CONDITIONING 24-7:jawdrop: :D
Fire me a pm when you get down here!!!!!! I have been looking for a guy like you!!!! I can send some $$$$$ your way!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-27-2007, 09:12 PM
This guy knows Mesa very well;)

soupersonic
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM
From me, Roosevelt (when 80%+ full) is the size of Havasu and is about 90-100 minutes from my door at Val Vista and McKellips to the lake,
Pleasant is about 1 hour away. Sometimes 50 mintues, other 65-70 mintues.
Your like a mile from me, im on McDowell. Ill trade you some oranges for some grapefruits :D :D

OverKill
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Mike you find me a chain wheel or what??

Riverdog1
06-27-2007, 09:37 PM
What about this guy?? :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_2331.jpg
EEW! Bark Scorpion carrying her litter. I just smashed one of her kids on my patio last night. Must be more in the yard:mad: I hate those fockers, they are just creepy. I took my freshly pressed slacks off the hanger one morning, put them on and saw what looked like a thread coming from my front pocket. I reached to take the thread out and pulled out a scorpion...:mad: That was close. It didn't get me but that freaked me out....FOCK, still gives me the pee shivers:D

Mrs. 20
06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Mrs 20's
what type of contracting do you guys do??
Commercial Electrical New Construction:) Once in while large custom residential homes(luxury).

Magic34
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
When's the tee time???? I used to play Dobson Ranch all the time. I could walk after three in the summer for pennies.
I would play the first 2 holes, then modify the governor on the golf cart and just do donuts and burnouts on the course.
I suck at golf but doing 180s on the wet grass was cool.

Magic34
06-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Your like a mile from me, im on McDowell. Ill trade you some oranges for some grapefruits :D :D
Grapefruit??? I'm not 60!!!!! :D
Actually, I have 1 grapefruit tree and the rest are AZ sweets. Grapefruit tree is great for shade. I am told that the fruit is really good, but I dont need that stuff yet.
If you want oranges, feel free anytime. January, take your pick.
I am in Arboleda. Where you at?

callbob4homes
06-28-2007, 05:49 AM
golf course homes in Johnson Ranch from 200's. Drawback is the drive, but it depends on when and where you are going, with the "when" part the kicker. I can be at the airport in 45 min (48 mi) or it take me that long to get to my wifes ACE store in 45 minutes (27 miles) during panic rush hour. Definatley a buyers market out here right now.
Need a hook up?

OverKill
06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
MAGIC 34
Im a 31 year old White Boy, I'll pick your fruit for ya. Oh wait a minute I'm hanycaped now, so may I will only be as good as the other guy. LOL. Ah the heck with the fruit let's just meet up and go to the lake.
OverKill