PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead cell service?

Opinionated
06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I am going to Lake Mead on a houseboat trip out of Callville. Does anyone know if and where you get cell service out that way and maybe even on the water?

burtandnancy2
06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
My Cingular works out to Midpoint...

Primecut
06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I have Verizon, mine works pretty much around the whole lake, sometimes I have to get into the middle of the lake up in the Overton Arm.

OnlyMoney
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
We switched from Sprint to Verizon about 3 years ago...mostly due to us being at Lake Mead Marina without service. You'll have service almost anywhere. And if you don't, just take a boat out to the main part of the lake and you'll have it. Have fun!!

Outnumbered
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
We switched from Sprint to Verizon about 3 years ago...mostly due to us being at Lake Mead Marina without service. You'll have service almost anywhere. And if you don't, just take a boat out to the main part of the lake and you'll have it. Have fun!!
Me too. Even works up at South Cove area around Sandy Point.

Racey
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Verizon pretty much works all over the lake unless you are tucked back in a cove. But out in the middle of the water you should have no problems

Wavemaker
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I have always had Verizon cell service since the old Motorola and Panasonic brick on a strap cell phone days, and have boated at Lake Mead since the late 70's. No problems encountered with cell phone calls from in the great basin or upper lake area. You may have a reception issue in the narrows. I have never used the cell phone while passing thru the narrows.
I have made many business calls from the lake to the office and to customers in seven western states without issues or breakup calls.

Opinionated
06-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Great info everyone. Thanks alot!!

Quality Time
06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Did a houseboat 2-weeks ago out of Echo. Cell service is hit or miss around the lake. I have verizon. Have Fun!

laveydayz
06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Did a houseboat 2-weeks ago out of Echo. Cell service is hit or miss around the lake. I have verizon. Have Fun!Ditto...Works fine in the Boulder basin but spotty in the Virgin basin. Non existant in the narrows.
I have had a few different carriers and Verizon is by far the best on Mead. Good luck. Sometimes no service is a nice thing!

finsfan4life
06-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Dont forget (Verizon customers) to do an occassional update to ur roaming, I do it every time I go out...Simply *228. hit number 2 when u hear the recording, Verizon suggests u do it anyways about once a month.....