PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!! trailer weight

hazard
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I just bought a boat from Arizona and am now titling it in Ohio. I am trying to get plates on the trailer, but Arizona's trailer titles have the full (with boat)weight on them. Ohio needs the empty weight. I don't want to go throught the hassle of launching the boat, tying it up somewhere then going to weigh the empty trailer.
Does anybody know where I can get a manufacturers slip for a 21ft Baker sport tunnel hull and trailer? The trailer looks like it is a baker as well. Is Baker still in business (looked and didn't see anything)? Does anyone have a similar boat/trailer with a slip?
Any assistance is very appreciated thanks!

rrrr
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Single or tandem? Tandems in that size are around 1400 lbs.

hazard
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Single or tandem? Tandems in that size are around 1400 lbs.
Tandem, but I need a verified weight and I can either get that through a manufacturers slip or i have to go through all of the trouble for a scale slip.

YeLLowBoaT
06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
there should be a vin plate/ sticker, you should be able to contact the manufactor of the trailer and get that info.

rrrr
06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
The Bilge Idiot can forge a document for you.....:idea:

hazard
06-28-2007, 04:40 AM
The Bilge Idiot can forge a document for you.....:idea:
Really? :D Hook me up!

Baja Big Dog
06-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Tandem, but I need a verified weight and I can either get that through a manufacturers slip or i have to go through all of the trouble for a scale slip.
In most states you will need a scale print out, but you can find someone with a trailer about the same weight and swap plates, get it weighed and off you go, which is a good idea, but since it is illegal I wouldn't do it!!;)

hazard
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Got it! thanks guys!